Vista and Blu-ray by Peter[_19_]
Hi. Sorry if this has been raised before, but I only just got a new Notebook with Vista Home Premium on board, so after years of familiarity with XP, I'm now struggling to come to grips with the slightly different feel of the new OS. The question I have concerns playing a Blu-ray disc on the Notebook. It uses an enhanced version of WinDVD to play HD discs, and there is no problem watching...
August 14th 08 05:32 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
3 186
More than 4gb ram by George
I have added 2 more gb ram.Vista home premium 32bit reports 4gb ,but using various applications I see 3072 mb ram.Is there a problem ? Thanks George
August 14th 08 05:26 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
2 255
WD MyBook 250 Gb external HD by Andy G[_2_]
Is this or is this not supported in Vista? Anyone know? It worked fine in XP, and it shows up in Device Manager, but I can't get a drive letter!! Thanks in advance Andy
August 14th 08 02:43 PM
by Andy G[_2_] Go to last post
7 232
My Documents in explorer by Clues
I like to see my documents in explorer, at the top under desktop. I've seen some 'tweaks' that show how to make a shortcut to Documents on the desktop, but this doesn't add Documents to the Explorer. I could change the location of Documents to the desktop, but I'd rather have the old hard link in XP, where it acts as the actual folder. There is probably an app to make hard links, but that...
August 14th 08 01:52 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 190
disabling alps pointing device by Nepelus
I am trying to disable the touch pad for I am using an external mouse and don't need it. It is just getting in the way when typing. I have followed the following instructions they are not working for me. In this one here, there is no Touch tab. To turn the touch pointer on or off in Control Panel Tap to open Pen and Input Devices. Tap the Touch tab.
August 14th 08 12:41 PM
by mdbrock Go to last post
4 179
Wireless service by drm
We have a new Dell with Vista Home Premium. I am now on my 3rd attempt to get internet access (tried AT&t express card, Verizon usb, and now Verizon express card). The error message that I get when we install the modem is "unable to create a new connection - error 711." Can't get anywhere with Dell, Verizon, or AT&T (each blames the other). There are articles on error 711 with XP, and we...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 14th 08 04:25 AM
by Doy22[_2_] Go to last post
14 530
Acer OrbiCam behaving erratically by Joe Auerbach
I have an Aspire 5610 with the built-in Logitek Orbicam. As of about a week ago, it sometimes refuses to start the camera. There is a quick popup saying 'reconnecting" and then it goes away. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and the app, Acer's support is useless (I'm waiting on a reply from Logitec), just thought I'd throw it out here for any feedback. I'm current with patches, tho this...
August 13th 08 11:50 PM
by Joe Auerbach Go to last post
0 206
RTHDVCPL.exe driver signing problem, Vista SP1 by Joe Auerbach
After applying Vista SP1 on my Acer notebook, I started getting a popup saying that this driver didn't have a valid digital signature. This is support for the internal Realtek audio system (mic & speakers). Any thoughts on either getting the correct files or else bypassing driver validation ? Thanx, Joe Auerbach
August 13th 08 11:42 PM
by Joe Auerbach Go to last post
5 214
Vista and USB HUBs? by LR
Hi I have had a strange issue with USB HUB's for some time now, both without and with SP1. I'm using Vista Ultimate on a DELL XPS 1210. The problem is that devices connected to the USB HUB seems to stop working after some time. It is seen with my: PDA (sync doesn not work), Mouse (sometimes hangs for a second or 2), Keyboard (reppeeeeeeeats letters quite often), USB key (not recognized)....
August 13th 08 08:56 PM
by hkancyr[_12_] Go to last post
8 263
Problems running any game on Vista Business x64 by Varant
Hello there, Any game I run on Vista Business x64 gives me some problems. I can play games for anywhere between 4 minutes and 4 hours. But after a certain amount of time, my computer completly locks up (not even a BSOD). The game just freezes and my sound goes berzerk (it's sounds like a weird repeating sound kind of virus like). I have run all virus scans, disk defrag and updated all...
August 13th 08 06:53 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
4 213
BSOD on installing certain driver by Orlicr
I just got a pair of USB surround sound headphones Using the C-Media 106-L chip. On the device manager it comes up as a usb audio device with no drivers installed. when i try to install the drivers it bsod every time with a system service exception. I've tried installing it through the actual installer and through the update driver software in device manager but its the same thing no matter...
August 13th 08 06:39 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
4 255
Old usb devices work fine,new usb devices would not install by Christopher Hume
Like the subject title, says old usb devices are working fine, but new ones will not install under Vista. Vista would suggest the update (Windows6.0-KB940199-x86) but when trying it, I'd get the message that it does not apply to my machine. I've tried copying the pnf and inf files, tried moving the usbstore, tried deleting the INFcache.1, all to no avail (as recommended by many web site). I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 08 04:19 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
11 323
No Audio Device Installed . . . and Video. by ragu
What a mess! Windows Vista automatic updates kicked in 3 days ago on my Gateway. Since then, I have no audio and my video works at 1/4 pace. I've tried reinstalling the audio and video drivers (Sigma Tel, ATI, ADI High Def, etc.) multiple times from both Microsoft and Gateway using all the trouble shooting information I can find. Properties states the audio is working properly, but the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 08 04:14 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
10 348
DVD-RW wants to wite recycled file to every blank disk by Jason
Hello All, I am having a weird problem and can't seem to find any info about it on the web. Whenever I put a blank disc in my dvd rw drive it adds a recycled and autorun.inf file to the disk. The files are almost 600mb in size and try to add themselves to every disk. I've tried burning ISO's and Roxio projects and music. I always get these files added. I've tried uninstalling Roxio and I...
August 13th 08 03:09 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 178
Dell and "no audio output device installed" after Vista upgrade by silksoul4u
Hi, I wanted to post a solution that hopefully will help alot of folks. I have a Dell 1501 laptop that came with Vista Home Basic. I upgraded to Vista Home Premium and suddenly the sound wouldnt work. I would get the message that "no audio output device was installed" even though there was one installed, and the device manager/sound was telling me that the sound card was working. I have a...
August 13th 08 11:04 AM
by theron Go to last post
6 217
Windows Logo Key gets sticked by Xim
Hello all, Since I got my PC upgraded from Windows 2000 to Vista Enterprise, I have had a problem with the Windows Logo key occasionally become a "sticky key". I can't put a finger on any sequence that causes the problem, but I finally found out that I can get the normal keys back by pressing one time at the logo key. In the set-up I have disabled "sticky keys", so this should not be the...
August 13th 08 06:29 AM
by Xim Go to last post
7 268
New Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers (ver. 6.2) by Cal Bear '66
New Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers (ver. 6.2) http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 13th 08 03:15 AM
by Superluminal Go to last post
22 480
Wireless Access Point by -Draino-
Hi all, I was setting up a Linksys WAP. As long as the cable is plugged in I can access the built in home page of the WAP. As soon as I unplug the cable I cannot access the home page??? Any ideas TIA
August 13th 08 12:14 AM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
7 276
one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency by Ron Boetger
I just reloaded my Vista OS on my laptop now I keep getting the following on boot up. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency and then check disk starts. I ran a chkdsk/r and found nothing. Any Ideas what is going on?
August 12th 08 03:49 PM
by Ron Boetger Go to last post
4 190
seagate barracuda / vista compatability by tyrram
ok this is really complicated but here goes. I have 2 systems an xp sp1 with an elite board and a vista x64 with an evge 750i now i got this sea gate barracuda 500gb to use as another drive in the vista machine and it worked fine for awhile then it started not being recognized after shutting down so i would have to unplug it and plug it back in and restart sometime a few times before the vista...
August 12th 08 05:32 AM
by Titancom Go to last post

From The