HP Compaq NX7000 display goes crazy after install by Rich
I installed Vista RC1 on a HP Compaq NX7000 laptop with a 1.8GHz Intel Centrino Processor, 512MB of RAM, and 64MB Radeon 9200 video. The chipset is Intel 852/855. When it got to the part during setup where it asks to create an icon, user name, and password the screen suddenly went crazy like it was out of sync. I did manage to get through the rest of setup even though the display had...
September 7th 06 01:40 AM
by Rich Go to last post
0 563
Dial Up Modem... which one is supported? by Rich
I know it is unheard of nowadays that there are people out there who still connect through 56k dial up Modems, but unfrotuantely I am in an area where I am unable to get broadband. I was wondering if anyone... Microsoft or the public... knew of a dial up Modem that is actually supported by Vista 32bit? I have an AOpenFM56-PX internal modem installed and everytime I receive the Windows update...
May 29th 08 05:47 PM
by Pete138[_23_] Go to last post
3 136
USB Devices not recognised post removal by Rich
I have USB Camera, i-POD, Compact-Flash, Memory stick experiencing the same symptoms. On initial plug-in Vista recognises the device and I am able to access as per normal. If I remove the device and second time round plug it in (within the same login session) Vista does not recognise it and none of my applications can access the device. I have not found any related support articles and...
October 8th 07 03:51 PM
by Darwin Go to last post
1 116
Is my Xbox360 compatible with Windows Vista Home Premium? by Rich
Can anyone help me? I have looked on the xbox360 website and it sais that i can use my xbox with windows xp service pack 2, I was wondering if anyone knows if i can use it with vista or can I get xp service pack 2 and use that with vista? -- Thanks Rich.
June 29th 07 04:30 AM
by Neil Harley Go to last post
2 186
Audio popping and static in Vista by Rich
Hello everyone, I've been trying to get ideas on the Dell forums about this issue, and figured I'd try here to see if this is an issue that reaches beyond Dell computers. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505, Vista Home Premium, Duo Core 2 2Ghz, 2GB Ram, 7200 RPM HD. Now, you would think that with all of this that playing a simple MP3 file would be a piece of cake, but alas it is not. Whenever I...
March 20th 07 04:53 PM
by Cindy O Go to last post
8 110
How to make system boot drive (removing dualboot setup) by Rich
Scenario: Didn't know if Vista would work well. So simply added another drive to my WinXp machine. Installed Vista on this drive so I could dual boot either to WinXP or Vista. Works fine, can boot to XP or Vista. Now, I have decided that Vista supports the applications I like and has the drivers for the hardware I have on the machine.
March 13th 07 06:20 PM
by Rich Go to last post
4 205
FYI - Vista won't restart afterinstalling an Astra 6400 scanner by Rich
After trying to install the 376f XP software for my Umax Astra 6400 flatbed scanner Windows Vista won't restart. I had to reload Vista as no restore point was made to undo in Safe-Mode. Nothing I tryed worked.
March 4th 07 03:39 AM
by Rich Go to last post
0 188
Vista RC1 Sync Center fails Set up by Rich
I have a Toshiba Tecra M4 Tablet PC, 2GB running Vista RC1. I am trying to setup a partnership with a new i-Mate K-Jam device. When connecting the device via USB on either of my 3-USB ports, Vista installs the drivers and recognises the device and presents it to the Mobility Center and Sync Center. Nothing happens when I select "Set up" from the Sync Center menu, or via Right-Click on the...
September 30th 06 05:58 PM
by b Go to last post
1 169
Unable to see the bottom of my monitor screen when using Windows Movie maker (vista) by rich
This problem has only occurred using Windows Movie Maker version 6.6. I have posted a query on that group, also. The bottom of the screen normally contains the " go" or " do it " button when "publishing" a movie. On my Samsung wide screen monitor that button is BELOW the bottom of my screen. I've tried different screen resolutions. Can anyone help me figure out how to make the screen...
April 3rd 09 02:43 AM
by rich Go to last post
4 184
Vista RC1 Sync Center fails to Setup by Rich
I have a i-Mate Windows Mobile 5.0 K-Jam device that is recognised from Vista RC1 and is correctly presented in the Sync Center and Mobile Device Center. When I select "Set up" from the Sync Center menu or via a Right-Click on the device nothing happens and the partnership setup fails to be completed. I've updated with latest updates, tried different cables and different USB ports with the...
October 14th 06 04:15 PM
by Monk58 Go to last post
1 134
Vista RC1 Sync Center fails by Rich
I have an i-Mate Windows Mobile 5.0 K-Jam device that when connected via USB is recognised by Vista RC1 and is correctly presented in the Sync Center and Mobile Device Center. When I select "Set up" from the Sync Center menu or via a Right-Click on the device nothing happens and the partnership setup fails to be completed. I've updated RC1 with latest updates, tried different cables and...
September 25th 06 01:17 PM
by Rich Go to last post
0 140
Help with Drivers!!! by Rice
Im using a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows vista home premium... So heres my problem, recently my computer cant recognize anything i hook up to it through the usb. Once i connect my psp, cell phone or a SD card a window would pop up and state how i can try and install the driver...So I was lead to a download a file thing from microsoft, that would fix my problem but it still continues... The...
May 1st 08 03:24 AM
by Bob W[_2_] Go to last post
1 142
MY touchpad is not responding!!! by Rice
Im using a dell inspiron 1501(laptop), windows vista premium... So, i was on my laptop yesterday night then all of the sudden i lost connection...so i decided to restart my computer but when i came to the log in screen there was no mouse pointer, the touch pad was not responding when i touch it... i later connect my usb mouse and waa-laa, there it is the pointer and i can move it, but wen i...
April 13th 08 02:34 AM
by t-4-2[_12_] Go to last post
2 149
Device not recognized in Device Manager by rice
Hi, all: I'm using a BenQ S73G laptop so everythiing is built-in. While I was using XP home, everything was fine. Now that I installed Vista Business, one device in device manager can not be recognized, and I have absolutely no idea what that device is. I've tried updating using both windows update and my own driver CD from the vendor but still can't solve the problem. The following are...
February 6th 07 07:12 PM
by John Pauk Go to last post
2 216
Partitioned hdd not fully seen under vista HP by Riccardo L.
I am puzzled by the following behavior: a sata HDD (160 GB) has 4 partitions; they are all well seen under XP but when I mount the hdd with a sata/USB converter (which works for sure, with other drives) and connect to my laptop using Vista HP it shows the 3rd partition as not formatted space. Just by accident I found out that under XP all my data are in place and not lost as I feared, so I...
October 7th 08 01:57 AM
by Riccardo L. Go to last post
0 209
Software request for tuning LCD monitor by Riccardo L.
The LCD monitor LG L1900 series has no buttons to tune it up, so one should use their software (Forte 2.80, vista compatible). Since in my case it is not compatible, in fact it crashes every time upon restart after installation, I know "microsoft" is investigating the problem (reported by sending dumps). However, is anyone of you aware of a workaround for this issue? I don't care about LG...
October 4th 08 09:33 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
1 198
CTRL key (re)assignment by ricardo.l
Hi, on my new laptop with Premium license I've got the Canc key on the upper right corner, which is different than what I was used to on a Toshiba Satellite, where it was more conveniently located just replacing the right CTRL key. Now, I d really like to know how to reassign the right ctrl key to work as a Canc key. Any hint or way, no matter how tough, I will put into practice. Thx a lot...
November 11th 07 07:21 PM
by ricardo.l Go to last post
2 139
Laptop fan control by ricardo.l
On my Acer laptop (which I recently bought together with Vista Premium) when I go out of standby the fan doesn't stop running at max speed. It doesn't make sense that, being power settings at min level, during normal operation it just switch on once in a while (and not even at max speed, judging from its noise); and as soon as it wakes up it's impossible that it needs cooling down anything...
April 29th 09 07:24 PM
by miln Go to last post
5 223
muvee autoproducer 6 full version by ricardo patricio gonzalez
I ve just bought muvee autoproducer 6 (software) , my computer is an hp pavillion dv 6000 with windows vista home premium pre-installed. In spite of several attemps, program do not run well on my computer, system shut down or program stop of working. I am contacting muvee and HP support without any success up to now. The software is the best among all similars, but is a pity because it...
June 4th 08 05:39 AM
by GhostWatcher Go to last post
4 357
wireless card not working on Windows Vista by Ricardo Cunha
I have an Averatec laptop and since I installed Windows Vista my wireless device stopped to work. It’s a built in 802.11 b/g wireless card which worked well on Windows XP. Averatec is refusing to support me because Windows Vista isn’t the original operating system and so it’s not supported. Despite that, there is a label glue in the laptop saying "Windows Vista capable". I can’t be...
July 31st 07 06:19 PM
by John Go to last post

From The