Total USB failure by dkmcf
For the third time in about a month my Vista Business will not respond to any USB ports or devices. I have already tried KB940199 and KB941600, no luck. I have not yet tried fiddling with infcache.1, I will try that next. The last two times I unplugged everything and hiked the computer over to the campus computer shop and then everything magically worked again -- maybe my computer just...
March 10th 08 11:06 PM
by fastheeltoe Go to last post
3 130
NIC not working by DKmoneypit
Internet was working Wed. PM - Thurs. AM cant connect - reboot DSL modem still cant connect - after checking Nvidia n Force Networking Controler is experiencing driver or hardware related issues. Got new driver from Nvidia but didnt work. Any ideas??
February 2nd 08 12:13 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 157
nvidia card - Vista Home Prem. by DKmoneypit
Internet was working Wednesday PM. Friday AM cant connect to broadband. Rebooted modem to no avail. After checking found that Nvidia n Force Networking Controller is not working properly (code 31). Went to Nivida website using another PC and got updated drivers but didnt work. Does anyone have any ideas??
February 15th 08 02:27 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 155
Mouse settings reset to default every time by dkswenson
Hi! I changed my mouse settings to switch the "right-click" and "left-click" buttons (as if for left-handed) - but every time I log out, restart, anything... it changes itself back to the default. How do I make this setting permanent?
November 21st 09 09:57 PM
by Old Dude Go to last post
9 322
help! error code 39 by dlev
the device status for my cd/dvdrom says: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I'm using vista 64 bit what do i do? --
December 4th 08 08:22 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
1 253
Driver Download for Intel 82945G Chipset Family - Problems by dlsayremn
Not sure if this should be posted here or Windows Update. Compaq Presario SR2180Nx Vista Home Premium Intel Pentium D CPU (Dual Core) RAM 3062 MB Monitor X2gen MW19R (Wide Screen 1024 x 768 @ 59 Gz) Received notice of driver update for 82945G chipset ver. 7.14.10.1364 today. It is an optional download. Checked and clicked install. When the computer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 31st 08 09:11 AM
by dlsayremn Go to last post
16 599
Pwr Options by DL[_3_]
Dell Vostro; bios & chipset updated, Vista Business updated No other hw connected, no background tasks running, printer switched off, sys runs 24/7 Ever since installing a usb connected HP photo printer (includes scanner) - firmware & drivers upto date - the pwr options have become eratic. ie sometimes screen saver & pwr off display functions, other times not. The screensaver can kick in then...
June 7th 09 03:43 AM
by Mark Levitski Go to last post
1 326
Treo 700w by DM Nelson
I have a Treo 700w which will not sync using Sync Center. I have already eliminated the old partnership as well as a hardware reset and still nothing happens when I select create new sync partnership. Anyone else with this situation? -- Regards, DM Nelson
October 1st 06 12:55 AM
by DM Nelson Go to last post
0 176
DVD Drive E: Drive disappearing from Vista Home Premium 64 by dma5949
I have two SATA Liteon DVD drives, E: DVDRW LH-20A1L and F: DVD SHD-16S1S. Starting yesterday,Drive E: disappeared from My Computer and is not displayed in Device Manager, BIOS shows it's there. Yesterday Vista started taking longer to load too, the green loading bar freezes for about a minute. I tried running Start Up Repair from Vista Disc, repair didn't fing anything so I used Restore Point....
October 12th 08 10:44 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 280
ADS intant music adapter by DMD
I recently purchased a turntable so I could copy records to disk. ADS Instant Music model RDX150 EF is only compatible for XP, Windows 98 etc. Does anyone know of one that is available for Windows Vista? DMD
October 8th 07 03:47 PM
by Translator French - English - Creole Go to last post
5 116
DPMS keeps turning my TV on! by dmgpunk
Forum Post I have a rather unusual issue with my Vista PC. Everytime I turn off my display it turns itself back on. Setup: Motherboard - Intel DG965OT Operating System - Vista Home Premium TV Tuner - ATI TV Wonder 650 Video Card - Asus EN7300LE 256Mb
June 5th 07 10:06 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 172
hp deskjet 656c by DMHolt57
Try the 600 driver in the wizard, works fine with my HP 632C -- DMHolt57 Full "dami87" wrote: i istalled it with its xp drivers and everything was ok (no error message)
September 19th 06 12:04 AM
by DMHolt57 Go to last post
0 136
How to create multiple hardware profiles in Vista? by DMIOM
Laptop (Sony Vaio TZ11, Vista Business) works OK using the auto-created "docked" and "un-docked" profiles However, this laptop is now used, as well as moibile, in two different offices, each of which has their own docking stations - each with their own different networks, printers, external displays etc. In XP we would have just created a (copy) hardware profile and then allowed the user...
September 30th 08 11:04 AM
by DMIOM Go to last post
0 181
Optical USB Mouse not working by Dmitriy
My Vista Business recognized my Dynex Optical USB mouse. However, when it tried to install the driver, it said that there was an error - section of the INF file is missing. I tried this about 5 times. I also tried installing the driver via Windows Update, got an error as well. Any suggestions? P.S. Dynex doesn't have any drivers for my mouse, or Vista on their website.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 10 07:16 PM
by simrick405[_12_] Go to last post
12 476
high pitch noise (buzz) of capacitors (or coils) on Acer Aspire 56 by Dmitry
Hello, this problem appear on vista rc1. It can be solved with "RM CPU Clock Utility" "Run HLT command whan OS is idle" option. Is it possible to set this option without RightMark utility? Maybe something like linux "idle=halt"? Thank-you.
November 6th 06 12:21 AM
by Dmitry Go to last post
0 126
Can't get my utstarcom pc6700 to sync with vista computer by dmtchad
can't get my utstarcom ppc6700 smartphone to sync my calendar, contacts, tasks etc to my new computer that has windows vista. I have tried numerous downloads including acivesync 4.5 (won't download with vista) and windows mobile device center 6.1. under change content sync settings i can't select the obove mentioned items, only mobile favorites which i don't use. help me with my computer...
January 26th 08 03:45 AM
by Bob In the Noc Go to last post
2 139
nvdia geforce go 7700 by DNA
Any one who help me about my video card driver (nvidia GeFORCE go 7700) pls!!! tell me what I do for my video card my OS Vista Ultimate 32 bit THE notepad computer i'am using is asus a8js, caliper is go7700,driving equipment is asus'.but THE zoom of THE game display is always BOTHERing me, THE display cannot widen in warcraft
April 2nd 07 04:37 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 110
nvidia geforce go 7700 vista32 ????? by DNA
THE notepad computer i'am using is asus a8js, display card is go7700,driving equipment is asus'.but Display Scaling is always BOTHERing me,THE display Scaling cannot widen in warcraft,then I used the 101.41 driver ,it have Display Scaling but cannot set Display Scaling, how to deal with this matter.
April 1st 07 02:31 PM
by DNA Go to last post
0 97
usb½è¿ÚcdmaÉÏÍø¿¨µÄvista64λÇý¶¯ by DNA
ÓÐûÓÐusb½Ó¿ÚµÄcdmaÉÏÍø¿¨µÄÇý¶¯ idÊÇUSB\VID_067B&PID_2303&REV_0300
December 27th 06 03:27 PM
by DNA Go to last post
0 225
Bluetooth kb & mouse on a new Inspiron 9400 laptop by dnegre
Hi everyone, I've been playing with Vista this past week and had awful problems with bluetooth support. Speciffically one of the most anoying problems I'm having is that when I get my mouse and kb to get detected by Vista, and ANY kind of error pops out in the screen, they automatically disconnect, there seems to be a conflict between the video drivers and the mouse when they set the screen...
December 15th 06 02:36 PM
by dnegre Go to last post

From The