VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem! by STRiLLiONE
I installed Vista Ultimate in my 2.4 G. Core 2 Duo iMAC. Problems: 1. Vista didn't Recognized my ATI Video card. So I cant use Media Center Contents and play DVD. 2. NO SOUND. Any Solutions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 25th 08 10:43 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_3_] Go to last post
24 516
Change "computer" ID by Marek Kalisz
Initially my fresh computer (Lenovo) was setup showing whenever I touching some places with identifications something like "'Little-PC" (Vista Home Premium). Originally I intended to put my assiatant to work on it. After (for some reason) I fired this "helper" I would like to clean up my system from any of those "little" shadows and globally replace it with something mre usefull - starting with...
April 25th 08 10:34 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 111
task bar by alanrr
hello, I click something and my taskbar is on the right side of the screen. I cannnot find a place to set up the taskbar on the bottom. Can someone help me? Thank you, alanrr
April 25th 08 08:04 PM
by alanrr Go to last post
2 112
Hadrive not accessible. by Netdogs
ITs the wierdest thing, I was runing windows Xp with 2 hardrives. The secondary hardrive 300Gb is a Segate. It was almost full. I formated my C drive and installed windows Vista, now When i go to my computer, I see C, and D. my secondary drive shows up with a red line showing that its almost full. It shows that there is 1.03 GB left and that it has 279GB of used Space. When i go to it, its...
April 25th 08 07:24 PM
by Netdogs Go to last post
0 114
Charging Issues by David
The Battery in my model dv9000 computer is dead. It is plugged into AC power and the computer works fine. The battery icon shows AC power is connected but, the lightning bolt isn't showing indicating that the battery is not charging.
April 25th 08 06:13 PM
by Jack J[_2_] Go to last post
9 143
Is holding down power sw better than pulling plug? by jonb
If for whatever reason, Vista won't shut down normally, does holding down the power switch have safety advantages over just pulling the plug? Or does Vista see both as identical?
April 25th 08 05:08 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 121
Safer to Insert/Remove usb device only during shutdown? by jonb
Lately, I Insert/Remove my mp3 player usb cable only when my computer is shutdown. Does this really gain me any safety? I do this because once, after clicking the "safely remove usb device", it kept saying "application still using device". No applications that I had control over were running. Then the computer wouldn't shut down. And the next time I booted, I got the scary "Insert...
April 25th 08 04:40 PM
by jonb Go to last post
0 117
SATA Hard Drive does NOT show up in Device Manager by bbsrnitrkl
I am trying bring-up a new SATA Hard Drive through PCIe to SATA AHCI Host Card. We find that Vista recognized the AHCI Controller and it shows up in the Device Manager. It successfully allocates the memory and IRQ, and says that the Device is working properly. But the HDD is not recognized. When we look at the PCIe analyser, we see that the OS is continuously polling the AHCI Interrupt...
April 25th 08 04:29 PM
by andy Go to last post
5 140
Troubles activating microphone port. by daste
Hey, I was fiddling around in vista the other day on my new laptop and unintentionally inactivated my microphone port in the belief that I could activate it again. Just it disapeared from the list when I inactivated it. Now I can't seem to activate it again. Would anyone know how I get it working again?
April 25th 08 02:53 PM
by Patrick Squire Go to last post
1 124
Monitor arrangement won't stay by Eric
I have an external monitor that extends my laptop screen to the left. This can be set up with no problems while in Vista. However, when I reboot the external monitor relocates to the "right" of my laptop. It will not stay arranged how I want. This problem didn't exist before I installed SP1, so is this a problem with the update or something else?
April 25th 08 01:45 PM
by Eric Go to last post
1 103
DVD Burner Problems by Andrea
After completing a burn on my computer it wont play on any other devices...Dell said that its a Vista issue! Does anyone kno how to get around this problem?
April 25th 08 01:30 PM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
6 174
touch pad by Christine
I'm trying to use my mouse but only the touch pad works, did I hit a button on the my laptop, that disabled it?? Thanks
April 25th 08 01:02 PM
by t-4-2[_98_] Go to last post
1 114
hardware problem by John
My new computer with window vista will not shut down when network card is connected.. Help
April 25th 08 11:23 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
2 133
Mini Dump Fun! :D by PrawnCrackers
Hi, yes my computer is riddled with bluescreens. ive put up with the problem thinking it wasnt anything serious, but ive recently killed 4 x 1GB of corsair ram and im sure its related to some serious driver/hardware issues. my rig is just over a year old and ive just replaced a new mobo and ram bcoz of these problems, but still getting the same errors somehow... also all the crashes have a ...
April 25th 08 10:32 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 94
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.91 22 April 2008) by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New Realtek HD Audio Drivers (ver. 1.91 22 April 2008): http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false Add/Fix 1.) Driver : 1. Fix DTM 1.2 KS topology test fail issue. 2. Customizations.
April 25th 08 09:26 AM
by DarkSentinel Go to last post
8 190
Floppy drive on recognized by computer by DCW[_2_]
I just removed a 19 in 1 Media Card (which I don't need at all) unit from a new Vista computer. I installed a 3.5" floppy drive (from an older Dell XPS machine) in it's place, using the ribbon cable connection and the power cable provider within the case. However, when I click on "Computer", the floppy drive is not recognized. I tried to Update the driver, but Windows Vista informs me...
April 25th 08 02:58 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
1 132
Drive D by Damalulu
As I have been writing on here before. I am trying to clean it up and get some more space. How in the world do you see what is on there???? I have been all over my computer and deleted a lot of junk files, but not gaining much space back. What is on this thing----where is the list of what is there???
April 25th 08 02:26 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 153
sound problem by Vanokat
I am having problems with the sound on Vista. Music plays fine until I open anything else. If anything is loading music is severely distorted. I have updated eveything there is. I cannot listen to any music on Myspace or watch any videos on Youtube...HELP!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 08 10:36 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
13 230
RAM/SLi mismatching? by BigEasy18[_2_]
I'm looking into upgrading my ram, and in the future my graphics card. I have G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) right now and am wondering if adding in G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) will work with no problems. While on the subject i would like to put my MSI 8800 Ultra in SLi mode someday soon and since I can't seem to find anyone that...
April 24th 08 10:18 PM
by BigEasy18[_2_] Go to last post
9 128
Reduce Restore Point to last one by Damalulu
How do you do this. I can see all the restores but no button to get rid of them........so how do you reduce to the last restore point?
April 24th 08 05:11 PM
by Damalulu Go to last post

From The