Update for NForce network controller-anyone know what it does? by Bob
Just saw an update for Nforce network controller on Vista update site. I'm hesitant in updating mine as it seems to work fine and was wondering if anyone has updated and has any feedback? Thanks, Bob
May 23rd 07 08:34 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
6 178
How to reinstate MSFT's own Bluetooth Drivers Stack? by Peter
I'm referring to the stack that powers MSFT's Keyboard Elite for BT and Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth. In device manager as: Bluetooth Enumerator............................................windows\system\driver\bthenum.sys Wireless Transceiver for Bluetooth.........................windows\system32\drivers\bthport.sys ...
May 23rd 07 10:38 PM
by Peter Go to last post
1 118
4 GB RAM and 32bit Vista? by bitla50
Is it true, as I was told, that 4 GB RAM will only work with 64-bit Vista? Or can you have 4GB RAM or more with a 32-bit system?
May 23rd 07 11:26 PM
by Drew Go to last post
4 119
Helpful solution for Vista random freeze. by JimE
I am an amateur but I found this solution to the hang problem that was plagueing my system. In the Award BIOS advance CPU setting I disabled the Intel timing control and the CIE. I found this suggestion on an overclocking site. This seems to have cured the hang problem completely and has allowed the system to sync at a higher speed. Vista would not run well even under the stock and...
May 24th 07 12:35 AM
by JimE Go to last post
0 118
Trouble with Asus 9250 256Mb by lpforever2001
I'm using the video card ASUS 9250 256MB, but Vista just give me 1.0 point for the graphic and 3D. I don't know why. I can't use Aero cause it's too low to use that. Do I need to udate my driver? I did update my driver but nothing better than the driver Vista already installed in my computer for my Video Card.Please help me. Thank you.
May 24th 07 12:40 AM
by freddy Go to last post
2 115
My hard drive is displaying as a network card under my computer? by Maureen
When viewing the directory tree under computer - the hard disk for my pc displays with a network card picture instead of the hard disk picture that displays for the other drives. Does anyone know what might cause this - and is there a way to change it?
May 24th 07 01:29 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
1 165
DVD Drive failure in Windows Vista by bct052207
I have already gone through 4 brand-new notebooks with this error. All 4 notebooks used Windows Vista. The error that I receive when I try to load a program from a CD is "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" I have already gone through the troubleshooting section with no help at all. Could someone tell me why this...
May 24th 07 01:57 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
6 120
My Areo Glass on the Taskbar and i need yur help!! by Papz
Hello Alll i have lost my areo glass look on the taskbar on windows vista and i got Vista Home Premium, and i dont know how to get it back. and the wired thing is i used to have it after i upgraded to vista my prevous os was xp Home Edition. And other wired thing is the guest account has the areo glass look on the taskbar, but not mine account. How should i get it back?
May 24th 07 05:08 AM
by This is so annoying..... Go to last post
3 109
Problems with Smart Wi Connection Utility by Jimmymacvista
I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Vista Business with the Smart Wi Connection Utility and it never shows the WIFI connected when it actually is AND it hangs up when launching and fails to respond. Is there a way to fix this?
May 24th 07 06:43 AM
by Jimmymacvista Go to last post
0 113
How do I get my speakers back??? by Kompax
Installed a new plug and play Monitor, I dont think it has anything to do with it but.. then I noticed my music sounded tinny from the speakers and noticed that the subwoofer was quiet. Went to control panel, sound and noticed that I had two out put devices one named speakers the other Realtek Digital Output, went to properties and disabled the speakers (thinking that I would be able then...
May 24th 07 06:44 AM
by Kompax Go to last post
4 119
modemSB4200 by ortiz5848
is this modem SB4200 be used with windows vista
May 24th 07 08:38 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
3 100
cd/dvd access by Hylke
I bought a new pc yesterday, with windows vista home premium, but my cd/dvd driver isn't functioning properly. Whenever I enter a cd or dvd the computer becomes extremely slow, and it won't autorun anything. If I do anything while the cd/dvd is loading, the entire computer becomes even slower, and the explorer window stops responding. Up until the moment I open the tray and take the cd/dvd...
May 24th 07 08:53 AM
by Hylke Go to last post
1 109
IGNORE TEST by Eigil Krogh
Hi
May 24th 07 09:55 AM
by Eigil Krogh Go to last post
0 110
just test, IGNORE by Eigil Krogh
Hi
May 24th 07 10:17 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 99
Optical I/O issues (Event ID 51) when flash memory is present by wchp
4/24/07 I recently built an new machine for Vista (Home Premium). As Newegg was out of stock on lite-on drives I ordered two Samsung SH-183L drives. These constantly gave me an error of: Event ID: 51 "An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation." After trying all of the below with the Samsung drives we wrote them off as
May 24th 07 01:31 PM
by wchp Go to last post
1 159
Problem with internal modem on a Acer Aspire 5020 by Robertfr
BI have installed windows Vista Business Edition on a Acer Aspire 5020 with 1,5gb of Ram. After the installation the internal modem stop to work properly. Someone have a suggestions -- Frank
May 24th 07 02:48 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 104
USB-stick trouble but different by Peter Janssen
Hi, I've been looking for a solution to a very weird prob I have. When I put my cheap ass databar from freecom in the usb slot Vista prompts new hardware found. It finds the "correct" driver and asks me if I want to open the drive. If I do this I see the drive with it's folders. Nothing wrong yet. But if I wait for a moment (or try to open/move a file) the drive is empty. I can't access my...
May 24th 07 04:37 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 112
Realtek Vista Audio Problems by Ian
I think I posted this on the wrong board earlier, so apologies for that. I'm having a few problems with a fresh install of Windows Vista Ultimate. I have an ASRock ALive-SATA-GBLAN motherboard, that comes with Realtek HD Audio built in, but Vista seems to be having some problems using it. In the device manager, my card comes under "High Defintion Audio Controller", and Vista tells me that...
May 24th 07 05:19 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
2 121
Bluetooth on Vista (upgraded from XP) by Chelsea
Hi, I recently upgraded my computer from XP to Vista Ultimate. My bluetooth (which came installed in my HP DV5000 series laptop) was working properly the first few days after I upgraded.. But now, my Bluetooth icon in my taskbar tray is showing a red color rather than blue (or white, whichever it is supposed to show). I have tried upgrading the driver and it tells me that its up to date, i...
May 24th 07 06:34 PM
by SLoweCSL Go to last post
2 126
Can't get to my 2nd Hard drive by 1HugeBacon
I have a 2nd hard drive that I use for storage. Both of my drives are IDE, drive C: is disk 1, Basic, my 2nd drive is Dynamic. the 2nd drive shows up in BIOS as well as during the post. It also shows up in disk management as offline. It isn't labeled missing, but there are no volumes on the disk. I can't get to the reactivate option. I can't see it in My Computer. I've checked all the...
May 24th 07 08:34 PM
by Jules Go to last post

From The