Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition by Jerry MAY
Hi, I have the Maxtor OneTouch III Mini Edition USB drive. It was working fine before, but now my Vista Ultimate finds the device but no driver, when I try to install the driver it says that there is no driver. What can I do to solve the problem ? Regards,
March 16th 08 10:25 AM
by Jerry MAY Go to last post
0 167
Voice chat not working by I can't chat
I just bought a new mic from "CA" (Cyber Accoustics), and it works, I have tested it but when I hit hands free on a chat window, Yahoo, a message comes up about the voice server interrupting the process and I can't chat. This may really sound dumb but, where is the voice server? I find nothing on the subject when I search or am I looking in the wrong places? This is the second mic I...
March 16th 08 07:55 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 129
locating external hard drive by Aurora Stover
This is a very basic question, but I'm a mac-user who's not very good with PC's, let alone Vista, so here goes: Long story short, I'm having trouble opening (?) an external hard drive. It's not showing up under Computer where all the drives and removable disks are listed, allowing you to open them and store things in them. I've verified that it's turned on, recognized by the computer, and...
March 16th 08 05:39 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
8 193
Freestanding Bluetooth Microphone by Scorpio
If anyone has come across an inexpensive freestanding Bluetooth microphone, I will be glad to hear. Please post to group for all to benefit.
March 15th 08 11:57 PM
by Scorpio Go to last post
0 169
896mb memory.. by lames4113
i recently bought 2x1gb ddr2800 ram and am running vista home premium... its only giving me 896mb physical memory. i take a stick out and still runs at 896mb... my bios says it has 2048mb total.. is there an explanation for why i can only get 896mb physical..
March 15th 08 10:17 PM
by Adrole[_2_] Go to last post
4 141
Does vista recognize multiple cores? by Mausimo
i recently got the ASUS M3A mobo with the AMD Phenom 9600 and 4 gigs of ddr2 1066 crucial ballistix ram from a friend for a steal of a deal. It has been used, but all working on a windows XP machine. He moved over to Intel and installed all of this into another box for me, and i put vista on it. However now, i am only seeing 1 cpu no matter what program i use(task manager, cpuid, pcwizard,...
March 15th 08 09:31 PM
by Adrien the Case Modder[_2_] Go to last post
6 144
Virtual Port Set-up by Don56
How do I set up virtual ports in Vista? This is to allow Bluetooth devices to communicate with my laptop. I can find nothing in the Vista Help to clarify this.
March 15th 08 09:05 PM
by Don56 Go to last post
0 126
System volume on disk is corrupt. by needhelp[_2_]
I was playing World of Warcraft then all of a sudden my computer stopped working. I have a Sony Vaio laptop. I tried the Startup repair a few times and system restore once and nothing happened. It's probably some hardware failure... I went into system recovery and did chkdsk /r in the cmd prompt and "The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk...
March 15th 08 09:03 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 138
USB by Even .M[_2_]
I bought a new mp3 player from samsung.(samsung YP-S5) When I connected my mp3 to my laptop it shows that I need a CD to continue. After I put the CD in my computer shows me that the software of my mp3 player cannot be installed. I tried my host's computer which is windows XP and it worked fine. I contacted samsung but they don't know what to do about it. Please tell me what I have to...
March 15th 08 07:09 PM
by Even .M[_2_] Go to last post
0 317
USB by Even .M
I bought a new mp3 player from samsung. When I connected my mp3 to my laptop it shows that I need a CD to continue. After I put the CD in my computer shows me that the software of my mp3 player cannot be installed. I tried my host's computer which is windows XP and it worked fine. I contacted samsung but they don't know what to do about it. Please tell me what I have to do.............
March 15th 08 06:18 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 270
Readyboost vs intel turbo memory 1gb by Evrae
Hi, I own a latop with intel turbo memory 1gb in it, and using Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit Im wondering whether using a readyboost device (I use a 2gb mini sd card) will override the function of the Turbo Memory, or if they stack. Regards Evrae
March 15th 08 06:04 PM
by Curious Go to last post
3 161
Why we do not like Vista by I hate Vista
Why would you create a new version of your operating system that would make devices that worked on XP obsolete? We have purchased a new Laptop computer for my mother and the device she needs to assist her with reading does not work on it, because Microsoft in their infinite wisdom decided that they did not need to recognize devices that worked on XP. That is just stupid! We have contacted...
March 15th 08 02:50 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 139
Centrum obsługi urządzeń z systemem Windows Mobile by Grzegorz Kożusznik
Problem caused by ACPI IRQ Holder This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Windows Vista and ACPI IRQ Holder. ACPI IRQ Holder is usually distributed by the company that manufactured your device or computer. Note: If you bought ACPI IRQ Holder from a retailer and installed it yourself, you will need to contact the manufacturer of ACPI IRQ Holder.
March 15th 08 02:11 PM
by Grzegorz Kożusznik Go to last post
0 151
Cannot roll up to recommended monitor resolution under Vista by Rob
I do use a dual-boot PC : Win XP 32 bit and Vista x64 and replaced my old CRT monitor today with a flat widescreen. I use dual-monitor too. I installed the drivers on both OS. Under XP, there's no problem : I can set to the recommended resolution of 1680 x 1050. However, under Vista x64, I cannot reach that resolution : it stops at 1600 x 1200 ! If I go to the device manager, or through...
March 15th 08 01:52 PM
by Curious Go to last post
3 176
error removing cd or dvd by annerog
After having used a cd or dvd, the following message appears when I remove the disk: Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x8825BCB4 0x7615023Cx7615023C Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.
March 15th 08 07:28 AM
by Dennis hobbs Go to last post
1 143
D drive Recovery disk full by johnVista
I made the mistake of backing up my system by letting the backed-up files go to the D drive, which was the default. I just let it back up all files, but it was running out of disk space before it could finish. Now, I keep getting the message "Low Disk Space" on Drive D at the bottom of my screen. It lets me 'X' away this message, but it keeps coming back. It said I could have it clean up...
March 15th 08 07:09 AM
by EE-Gene Go to last post
6 130
Logitech Quick CAM Issue by Srini
Hi, I have installed a logitech quickcam software in my notebook. but it's not working. it's saying no driver found. can any one help me on this please.The OS i am using is Windows Vists.
March 15th 08 03:53 AM
by Diemand Go to last post
1 143
No sound by SAM
i have a new compaq presario with windows vista home premium and i am experiencing problems with realtek HD audio My sound is enabled in the BIOS start up... The only time i hear the sound ... which plays for about a minute is after the system goes into sleep mode and awakens and i then recieve a message ...a jack has been unplugged...a jack has been plugged i will really appreciate your help
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 15th 08 03:39 AM
by SallyB Go to last post
16 224
Problem with resizing and exiting with X by Matt
Hello, Ever since I got my computer a few days ago, Vista Ultimate has been rendering resizing with the mouse oddly. If I go over the edge of a non-maximized window, the mouse won't turn into the resizing icon at the place I expect it to. Instead, I have to move the mouse 10 or so pixels to the left or right for the OS to finally realize that I'm trying to resize. Also, in some...
March 15th 08 02:50 AM
by Matt Go to last post
2 149
fullscreen mode issues by hollechelle
i have been playing games on the toshiba games with wild coins that came computer. well I've had no problems until recently. all of the games now only are minimized even when you select fullscreen. I have tried downloading drivers and changing settings. i have no clue what else to try please give me some suggestions.
March 14th 08 11:22 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The