5 in 1 card reader by stormchaser77
hi i have a 5 in one card reader on my aacer aspire 3680 laptop. A virus got into my compter and crashed it. almost all my features were removed. the dvd decoder and the built in card reader stopped working. does anybody know how i can fix that. im have a hard time getting any answers from the accer website?
February 4th 08 03:57 AM
by Ashton Crusher[_2_] Go to last post
1 210
need to uninstall program not listed in Programs and Features by hilmcleod
I installed a printer program from CD a for Lexmark 1100 series printer which worked with my XP. It does not work with Vista. So, the Help instructions tell me to uninstall it all then to replace it with an updated driver. The problem is it not listed anywhere that I can uninstall it. It does not appear in Programs and Features, ostensibly because of the very incompatibility which requires...
February 4th 08 02:31 AM
by monty Go to last post
3 271
Dvd Driver does not read by pierro_a
My dvd driver not respond to any of disc i place when i open dvd drive thru my computer the no disc responce i keep eject and closing the tray but nothing please help me
February 4th 08 12:14 AM
by Arthrodire Go to last post
5 138
Standby key by Sam Steinhauser
What is the command, syntax or executable to put my system into standby. My MS 6000 keyboard has a Logoff key that I would like to out my system into Standby. Someone give it to mke before and I just did a clean install to Vistax64 and cannot figure it out. I have searched the Shutdown and Powercfg switches to no avail. There is some simple file that launches when I click the button in the...
February 4th 08 12:11 AM
by Sam Steinhauser Go to last post
0 161
screensaver and sleep NOT working after change monitor by furball
I bought a cheap 22" AOC LCD monitor to replace my polyview 19" LCD and was surprised to find my screensaver does not activate or the PC go into sleep/stand-by mode as before.. Screensavers work in preview... Power settings still the same.. Anyone had this problem when changing a LCD monitor?
February 3rd 08 09:58 PM
by furball Go to last post
0 148
Sony DVD drive install issues by AHB
After upgrading to Vista Ultimate 32bit, niether of my Sony DVD/RW drives work. DRU820A and DRU830A Reviewing Control Panel Devices I found that it is loading cdrom.sys and reports the driver did not load properly. I tried upgrading the driver but Vista just keeps telling me its the latest driver. Any ideas how to fix this?
February 3rd 08 09:35 PM
by fishinbuddy509 Go to last post
3 147
KBD EXE ? by MARIAN PUDEK
Occasionally after starting Computer this message appears: "KBD EXE" has stopped working!! It looks for a solution and never get the solution to the problem. It appears that the keyboard not working - however I don't see any ill effects at all. Nonetheless it is annoying! Any suggestion? Marian
February 3rd 08 07:52 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 124
USB card reader disappears. by Martin Stein
I have a MITSUMI FA-404 FLOPPY + 7 IN 1 CARD READER on my ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard plugged into the USB header on the motherboard. In Vista RTM I plug in a SD card and enable ReadyBoost. It works for a while (days) and then suddenly it has disappeard. The whole card reader is gone. For example the SD card for ReadyBoost was assigned drive letter G: and this drive is not visible any...
February 3rd 08 06:12 PM
by STONED_RIDER Go to last post
1 166
graphics accelerator by shirl
I have windows vista(emachine). Some games i can download and they will not play. It tells me i need to download the intel graphics accelerator. problem is when i download it, it will not install because it says it is not a valid driver for my system and that i should get it from the company i bought it from. But it still won't download it says the same thing. Does anyone know what i can...
February 3rd 08 05:10 PM
by shirl Go to last post
4 144
Format Disk 1 Hiatchi 320Gig hard drive by barry//mary
I have a new Vista Ultimate OS and put an Hitachi 320Gig Hard drive in the extra slot. It shows up in Computer Management disk drives along with the WDC drive that came with. Populating the drive shows Disk: Disk 1 Type: Dynamic ond online..If I go to ..Storage and Disk Managment Disk 1 shows up as unallocated.I tried to format disk 1 /FS:NTFS /V:dorathy to no avail. How do I get Vista to...
February 3rd 08 04:51 PM
by barry//mary Go to last post
4 144
dvd/cd-rom drivers not recognized by thom31
I recently replaced a dvd/cd-rom and now my pc tells me that it doesn't recognize the drivers for it.... I'm lost and need help.
February 3rd 08 03:46 PM
by halwizardoflittle Go to last post
2 118
Monitor Refresh Rate issue on Vista Home Premium (64bit) by Raegal Dorn
Hello all, I have recently installed Vista on my Intel Pentium D 3.4ghz system, the only remaining issue I cant fix myself is whenever my system goes to change the refresh rate, either by going into a game or just using a higher refesh rate than 60hz. The screen just gets filled with blurred lines (diagonal shakey ones) like you would see if the monitor was genuinely faulty or the cable...
February 3rd 08 02:24 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 104
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 for Vista drivers by Chuckf1234
I have downloaded the latest Vista driver for the Audigy 2, which is a self extracting file. When I run it, I always get the same error message: file errorcrc1,0xc50a2d15:0x0d8c70c and then the process aborts. When I download and run the file on my XP machine, it runs just fine and brings up the installation program. Any ideas on how I can get this thing to run under Vista. I went this route...
February 2nd 08 10:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 100
Invest smart by Mr. Buck
How much profit can you make with one dollar? Check out this website www.forbuck.com Without any obligation, registering or other ties make cash!
February 2nd 08 09:38 PM
by Mr. Buck Go to last post
0 113
usb floppy disk drive drivers by sunshine_rainne
i got this floppy disk drive and with vistas it wont read it to install drivers but i dont know where to go to so i can download the drivers for it. does anyone have any suggestions at all??? i really need this working on my laptop so i can switch my poetry books from floppy to my laptop. very important for publishing. -- thanks alot, sunshine
February 2nd 08 08:27 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 116
Question about Windows Vista when upgrading CPU by Kin
Dear All, Previously I upgraded my Windows XP to Windows Vista under AMD Athlon 64 system, now I would like to upgrade my CPU to 64x2 under the same motherbroad. I want to ask if this will affect the Windows? Do I need to buy another Windows Vista License to make this CPU upgrade? Thanks in advance. Best Regards,
February 2nd 08 06:52 PM
by A Go to last post
4 108
status of printer by BAP
I keep getting a pop-up stating my printer is ready. How to I make this go away.
February 2nd 08 06:27 PM
by BAP Go to last post
0 124
USB devides not being recognised by vista by tina
hi! i have Vista home premium and its been running fine until i try to use USB devices..it chooses when to recognise them.. i have a 250gb external hard drive that when i plug it into any of the 3 USB ports on my computer nothing happens (no noise to say its connected , no autoplay or the drive name doesnt appear in the computer section) there have been occasions where the device connects as...
February 2nd 08 05:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 147
Blue Screen Codes - can you decipher? by Roxanne
Hi - I keep getting a blue stop error screen when I try to restart or shut down. Then I always get a message that the computer did not properly shut down. Here are the codes: STOP: 0x0000008E (0x0000005, 0x000000000, ox939ECD64, 0x00000000) Can anyone decipher what this means and how to fix it? Many thanks!
February 2nd 08 02:33 PM
by pittspens0660 Go to last post
4 155
card reader doesn't read by Rebel[_2_]
I have an installed card reader that doesn't read any cards. (My computers recognizes that I have a card reader and names each one a drive. letter) As soon as I put a sd card in or xd, the drives go away. Very strange. Nothing on the Acer web site mentions anything about the card reader for my system. It is a very poor web site and very poor documentation that came with the computer. Any...
February 2nd 08 01:43 PM
by Rebel[_2_] Go to last post

From The