vista not recognizing raid 0 drives from xp system with plug n pla by Docha
I removed two Barracuda 7200.7 120gig hard drives in a raid 0 (striped) configuration from my old XP system and just plugged them into a new vista home (maybe premium not sure) AMD 64 core duo system - and vista only recognizes the two separate drives as unformatted drives and offers to format them for me. These drives were data drives only - no OS installed on them. I just want to be able...
January 21st 08 05:31 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
2 168
cannot uninstall programs by [email protected]
I am inexperienced with computers but am able to uninstall on my p.c so why cant i uninstall with vista? What are you trying to uninstall? Was it pre-installed when you bought the PC? Was Vista pre-installed or did you install it yourself?
January 21st 08 04:59 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 142
firewire for vista by Edfex
Hey is there any patch or 3rd party add-on that can enable ip over firewire on vista? Vista seems to have that disabled. I only have 100Mbps LAN, and firewire is so much faster. Ed
January 21st 08 03:44 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
2 154
Bad Hard Drive? by Mark[_12_]
I've had 2 BSOD's with the "24" error code ran SFC and it found corrupt files unable to repair. I can also hear a ticking sound coming from the front of my PC. Thanks Log Name: System
January 21st 08 03:27 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 200
device auto installer problem! by Bugra Keskin
Whatever USB Device I plug into the USB Port of a Windows Vista Business installed PC, it does not autoinstall and it directly starts to search the device on the internet. Why?
January 21st 08 03:00 PM
by Bugra Keskin Go to last post
0 177
Anyone Have an Opinion on WED8000? by limalicas[_5_]
Hi Everyone, I just ordered the 'Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000' (http://www.microsoft.com/uk/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=080) - I should get it on Tuesday. There's not a lot of actual in-the-wild website/blog opinion/reviews on this yet, and I'm wondering if any of you nice people own this kit and can share your experiences?
January 21st 08 12:38 PM
by limalicas[_8_] Go to last post
2 162
delete system folders by kraken
How do I delete system folders??
January 21st 08 12:04 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 165
Vista disc from MS by [email protected]
Aren't the HP Recovery Disks considered Shadow Copies of the OEM and reliable? I made my own recovery disks as well and I backup my system on an external HD (Western Digital book) each week. HP doesn't include MS disks with the computers anymore. Problem with many mfr. discs is that they only relate to a specific hardware configuration, so many of the drivers that you would find on the...
January 21st 08 11:34 AM
by H[_2_] Go to last post
1 182
Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer with Fingerprint Reader will not work, please help! by Pete
Hi group, I am trying to get the Fingerprint Reader to work, but no luck! When I start the "Fingerprint registration wizard', I get the following message: "Error Invalid class string. Suspect installation problem." I have un-installed, re-installed at least 10times. no luck. I got the newest software from MicroSoft, DPPM_201_ENG.exe. (it says: VISTA Compatible).Mouse works just fine. I googled...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 08 08:31 AM
by renegade78[_5_] Go to last post
11 250
How Does x32 Vista Map a 4GB RAM? by G.Freeman
Well, as we all know, x32 editions of anything cannot use a full 4 gigs of RAM. Instead it uses about ~3.2 gigs of the RAM. I have a laptop with 1 gig of RAM and Vista Home Premium x32 and a Go6150 integrated graphics card and i'm thinking about upgrading the RAM to either 2gigs or 4 gigs. Now how does Vista "choose" the ~3.2 gigs of RAM it uses? Does it randomly choose ~3.2 gigs every time...
January 21st 08 06:52 AM
by jorgen[_2_] Go to last post
2 185
right-click equivalent by Frustrated
HOw do I turn off the right-click equivalent?
January 21st 08 03:00 AM
by Dave Go to last post
3 140
Stereo Mix changing volume itself by iNick
I stream my music on a site called stickam and other smaller sites. I set my stereo mix level at 12, and if I close the sound dialog box, it hikes itself back up to 100! The only way i can get it to stay at 12, is if i keep the sound dialog box up, but it gets in the way some times. I also want to know how to get the best audio out of it, but most of all, I'd like to get the problem fixed....
January 21st 08 01:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 153
Vista DVD ROM and DVD RW Icons by Jorge
Hi all, On my son desktop PC, running Vista Home Premium, the DVD ROM and DVD RW Icons have changed. The icons now are the card reader icons that came from HP. How do I change this to the windows vista original one's? Many Thanks, Jorge
January 20th 08 09:55 PM
by Jorge Go to last post
2 163
CD/DVD Drives Not Showing by Mribaul
Why doesnt my CD/DVD drives show up in My Computer?! Everytime I reinstall VISTA it appears, but after a while theyre not there? And when I put XP on the machine, it never happens. Only in VISTA, first I thought theyre not supported but when I first install VISTA theyre there...then as I said...give it a month and they dont show up and when I put a disc in nothing happens and I cant even...
January 20th 08 08:10 PM
by Jane C Go to last post
6 148
Windows update overwrites working nvidia sata driver with broken one by Andy Bell
Windows update overwrites the existing working NVIDIA SATA driver with a broken one. Causes the system to lock up completely after loading the desktop, immediately after logging in. Have turned automatic updates off to prevent it from happening. Is there any way to block just this update in future? NVIDIA Corporation driver update for NVIDIA nForce 590/570/550 Serial ATA...
January 20th 08 06:59 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 138
VX2235WM and 8800GT in VISTA32BIT issue by Paradigm
I am running the Hardware in my sig. the machine runs all 04 OS perfectly, 'cept Vista32Bit. I upgraded to the VX2235WM from the Benq FP72E (a 22" 16:10 and 17" 4:3 respectively) first on the 8800GTS 320MB, everything was fine, when one day, the desktop after loading Vista, just dissapeared, there was nothing, no wall paper/gadgets/taskbar/ icons...nothing, except for my mouse cursor, and by...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 08 06:58 PM
by Paradigm Go to last post
14 313
How to add "Hibernation" to the Start menu in my Windows Vista Ultimate x64? by Dima[_2_]
Hello! How to add "Hibernation" to the Start menu in my Windows Vista Ultimate x64? The computer goes to the Hibernation after pushing the power button on the system case but the power light stays lit for 3 minutes. Best regards, Dima
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 08 04:56 PM
by Dima[_2_] Go to last post
13 293
Wireless Laser Desktop problem by Drew
I, for the life of me, can't get my Comfort Keyboard V 1.0 to register in Vista. There's no keyboard even showing up in the hardware tab. I've gotten the updated files from MS, but no luck. It works in the BIOS though. Any help is appreciated.
January 20th 08 03:22 PM
by Drew Go to last post
2 135
USB gamepad problems by hawk58045
I'm tryin to use a Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Power gamepad. I have gone to the manufacturer's website and downloaded a current driver that says it is compatable with the Vista 32 bit OS I have. It still will not recognize the device when I plug it in. When I try to update the driver via device manager I get "current driver is the best driver available". But, when I try to click the...
January 20th 08 03:17 PM
by hawk58045 Go to last post
0 159
Windows Vista and Hard drive recognition. by 1maintenance
Hello everyone, My question is how come when a hard drive (Maxline III Model: 7V250F0 SATA) is initialized within windows XPPro and partitioned/ formatted and can be used in XPPro, when WindowsVista Home Basic on the same machine does not recognized the drive except in disk manager it shows the drive without drive letters? I have XPPRO installed on drive 0 and Vista Home Basic...
January 20th 08 01:52 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The