vista rc1 media center & asus P7131D by yoniy
hi. i'm using asus "My Cinema-P7131 Dual" tv-tuner. it worked fine with the bundled software (cyberlink powercinema 4) on winxp x64, but on vista rc1 powercinema crashes when i try to watch tv (though it was able to identify the tuner and scan the channels - all expected chanels were found). when i try to use the vista media center to "set up tv signal", it says "tuner not found". i'm using...
October 4th 06 03:46 PM
by yoniy Go to last post
0 191
"Base system device" snag by Khussey
I have an HP DV2020ca Turion 1.6, 2gb RAM, etc etc. Everything works fine (never even had the dreaded audio bug) except for my built-in mic and headphone/spdif/mic ports. As far as I know, it uses the conexant audio system people seem to be having all kinds of problems with. Just wondering if anyone else has a similar laptop with the same problem, and if they've found a solution.
October 4th 06 03:47 PM
by Khussey Go to last post
0 279
USB HDD volume is RAW? by Matt
My USB drive shows up in Vista RC1 as having a RAW volume. If I take the same drive and plug into a XP SP2 PC it is fine (NTFS and data accessible). Any ideas?
October 4th 06 03:49 PM
by Theo Go to last post
1 224
sideshow by asperger
when can we expect a sideshow removable device, i.e. a pocket-pc/communication device that slides into the main computer; so instead of a merely a secondary display on a laptop, we can have a secondary removable slave device. just a thought, i can see leaving my laptop at the desk during lunch/meetings and simply un-docking my sideshow device. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for...
October 4th 06 04:19 PM
by asperger Go to last post
0 229
USB HDD Volume is RAW?? by Matt
I have an external hdd in a caddie that is showing up in Vista RC1 as having a RAW volume yet when I remove it and place it on a XP SP2 PC it's an NTFS volume and my data is accessible. I just started messing with Vista, anyone know of this happening?
October 4th 06 04:59 PM
by Matt Go to last post
2 259
Media Center blank screen & Screen Saver hangs by Praveen
I have installed Vista Build 5728 on my Inspiron 8600 laptop. It has a nvidia geforce go5200 display card. The problems i have a 1) Vista hangs whenever a screen saver other than the default one runs. It just hangs. I am using the screen savers that come with vista. 2) If i run media center It just goes blank. I have tried installing latest drivers from nvidia but it doen't help. Its
October 4th 06 05:30 PM
by Praveen Go to last post
0 200
airlink wireless usb2.0 adapter by Vipin
Has anyone here been able to use the airlink adapter on Vista? -- Vipin Aravind http://blogs.explorewindows.com
October 4th 06 06:33 PM
by Vipin Go to last post
0 246
Where Can I Get ASUS M2N32 SLI-Deluxe Drivers For Vista RC1? by KerMan
Does anyone know where I can acquire drivers for the above mentioned motherboard? The drivers I need in-particular are the Wifi (Wireless LAN) driver, the SoundMAX driver, the Ethernet (LAN) driver, and if possible, the Cool & Quiet fan driver would be a nice bonus, if at all possible. Thanks for any help, in advance!!! -Lance
October 4th 06 06:52 PM
by Mario Go to last post
1 195
Drivers for Soundblaster Live! Gamer in Vista by voowe2
Have you been able to get the sound to work in Vista Beta (RC1)? I too have installed Vista (RC1), and am very impressed with it. However, I have no sound. I have visited Creatives web site, and Soundblaster, but they have indicated on their web site that they will not provide driver support for Beta Vista before it final release. I had sound within the other Vista Beta I tested, using...
October 4th 06 06:58 PM
by Mario Go to last post
1 233
Windows Mobile device center by Frettfreak
Ok, just recently upgraded (fresh install) from beta 2 to RC1. Now when I try to setup a sync partnership with my PDA (a XV6700 WM5), it is only allowing me to setup a media player sync not my normal device sync. PLEASE HELP!!!
October 4th 06 07:05 PM
by Frettfreak Go to last post
3 162
Hard drive capacity keeps dropping by Vince
Help..Has anyone else noticed that your hard drive capactiy keeps dropping? I check it in computer and I drop .1 gigabytes every half hour or so. Any ideas?
October 4th 06 07:07 PM
by Mario Go to last post
3 152
iPod Sync by Ben
Anyone else having an issue went connecting their iPod. It will pop up a window everytime asking me to "scan and fix" the device. The first time, I allowed it. But it keeps doing it so I choose "continue without scanning." If I choose nothing, it keeps popping up windows until there are literally dozens. After finally syncing, it unconnects itself and I have to unplug and replug it to...
October 4th 06 07:40 PM
by Ben Go to last post
0 142
Cannot find Drive by Bruce Kay
I’ve been running RC1 since its release a few weeks ago. I’ve had no significant problems. Suddenly my system is not recognizing my 2nd Hard Drive (D:). It does not show up in My Computer, yet Device Manager indicates that it is there and working properly and the BIOS says it is there upon Boot-Up. I’ve tried rebooting and restoring to an earlier Restore Point, but I cannot get to...
October 4th 06 10:01 PM
by Bruce Kay Go to last post
0 154
Cannot Find Drive by Bruce Kay
I’ve been running RC1 since its release a few weeks ago. I’ve had no significant problems. Suddenly my system is not recognizing my 2nd Hard Drive (D:). It does not show up in My Computer, yet Device Manager indicates that it is there and working properly and the BIOS says it is there upon Boot-Up. I’ve tried rebooting and restoring to an earlier Restore Point, but I cannot get to...
October 4th 06 10:04 PM
by Bruce Kay Go to last post
0 144
Sandisk MP3 player driver problem by jim_from_il
Does anyone know how to install a workable driver for the Sandisk M230 MP3 player? This device worked properly in Beta-2, but is not recognized in RC1. Any help appreciated.
October 4th 06 10:15 PM
by jim_from_il Go to last post
0 150
No sound by jackmorrisiii
Hello I have a Sony desktop with Soundmax intergrated digital audio. I get no sound after upgrading from Vista beta 2 toRelease Candidate 1. It worked well before. In the device manager I get an error code and message that states This device cannot stare (code 10). Thanks in advance.
October 4th 06 10:22 PM
by Mike Go to last post
3 160
Windows Mobile device driver cannot start by Larry
I'm in the same boat if anyone finds anything pls update us. I miss syncing to my desktop. "Kimco Tech" wrote: I have a Samsung I700 and have the same problem. I thought the update for the Beta was going to fix it but it did not. Sure would like to be able to access this again. --
October 4th 06 10:25 PM
by Larry Go to last post
0 130
Windows Mobile device driver cannot start by Larry
mine brings up windows media player. I need to synce my outlook etc... "Kimco Tech" wrote: I have a Samsung I700 and have the same problem. I thought the update for the Beta was going to fix it but it did not. Sure would like to be able to access this again. -- Kimco Tech
October 4th 06 10:30 PM
by Larry Go to last post
0 142
Cannot find Drive by Bruce Kay
I’ve been running RC1 since its release a few weeks ago. I’ve had no significant problems. Suddenly my system is not recognizing my 2nd Hard Drive (D:). It does not show up in My Computer, yet Device Manager indicates that it is there and working properly and the BIOS says it is there upon Boot-Up. I’ve tried rebooting and restoring to an earlier Restore Point, but I cannot get to...
October 4th 06 10:58 PM
by Bruce Kay Go to last post
0 156
NVidia 96.33 beta driver by dev
In the release notes it is states "This driver does not support the SDI (serial digital interface)." Is SDI synonymous with a DVI connection to the monitor - vs. VGA - in this case? If that is the case, it may explain why the NVidia Control Panel here is devoid of many settings.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 06 11:11 PM
by Eric Furness Go to last post

From The