No CD-RW or DVD-ROM. How can I reformat without a CD-ROM? by awhatley
My computers has lost the drivers for the CD-RW and the DVD-ROM. This happened after installing vista. I followed the instructions to delete the upper key filters and the lower key filters (which I never found), but nothing has worked. I would like to use my original restore disc to go back to XP, but the computer can't boot from the CD-RW because it doesn't find the driver. I've got my...
June 18th 07 11:52 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 171
CD-RW and DVD-ROM disappeared in Vista Home Premium by awhatley
Intalled Vista Home Premium in January. For a while I could get the two drives to show up again if I restarted the computer. Now they won't show up at all in Device Manager or Computer. Please help. I hate to think I threw my $159 away buying the OS. My next option is to try to get the system to boot from my original XP Home Restore disc, and I don't even know if it will do that with the way...
May 8th 07 12:51 AM
by Don Go to last post
1 131
Wrong USB Drivers by awparran
Hardware setup Acer Aspire 9300-4272 1.5 G Memory 120 GB Harddrive Wireless 17" display Acer OrbiCam Initially the camera was working fine.
September 3rd 07 06:00 PM
by awparran Go to last post
0 170
Can I access mouse feature from keyboard? by Axel07
I have a 64-bit Vista Home Premium system with the wireless Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000, consisting of keyboard plus mouse. The mouse's IntelliPoint driver provides a very useful feature called Instant View, which responds by default to a push on the wheel button, and shows a full-screen display of all apps currently running. This is the best task-switcher I've seen, since it gives a...
November 12th 08 05:33 AM
by Axel07 Go to last post
0 306
Windows Mobile 5 won't Connect to Vista. by Axmainian
Hey. I'm sitting here, with my main Vista Ultimate Desktop, and a Windows XP professional Laptop. When plugging in my Windows Mobile 5 device through the USB port on the laptop, It dings, connects and is all happy and working. When I do the same and plug my device into Vista, with Windows Mobile Device Center Installed, It dings, a New local area network pops up in network connections, the...
March 22nd 07 04:49 PM
by Axmainian Go to last post
3 121
problems using hp dvd writer after installing windows vista by Aydin
I had a problem with my Sony Dru510a DVD-RW. Even Vista showd my the drive, it freez when I put a Disc inside. I solved this proble, after I set up the bios to handle the IDE mode as ATA-100. Now it works fine. "chatty" wrote:
September 16th 06 06:15 PM
by Aydin Go to last post
0 177
problems using hp dvd writer after installing windows vista by Aydin
Check your bios settings. You may change the ATA mode to 100. "chatty" wrote: can anyone help?
September 16th 06 06:17 PM
by Aydin Go to last post
0 192
Sata 1.5 versus sata 3 by Aylen1957
Does anyone know the easy answer to which is faster and is it really noticeable?? Considering upgrading one of my 160gig seagate barracuda's (sata 1.5) to a new barracuda sata 3.. Any responses as always appreciated -- Aylen1957
November 13th 08 08:11 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 304
Delux V-B01 by Ayman Hammad
I have web cam (Delux V-B01) Windows Cannot Install It I have Driver for XP but i recive error when install it "Not enough storage is availble to complete this operation"
January 31st 07 06:20 AM
by Ayman Hammad Go to last post
0 243
FOR SALE:APPLE IPHONE 16gb,Apple iphone 8gb,Nokia n96 For sale by ayomide
We are legitimate and reputable company from Uk,London we have all brands of Mobile Phones,Apple Iphones,Ipods,xbox 360, Sidekicks,Nextels phone,Laptops for sell at cheap and affordable prices. ORDER INFORMATION : Minimum Order : 1-5 units
July 9th 08 10:40 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 168
Vista upgrade advisor by AZ Trashhauler
I have tried unsuccessfully to install and run the upgrade advisor. Is there another site for obtaining the download other than microsoft?
February 21st 08 09:00 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 124
My Book Problems by Az00123
Hi, a few days ago i completed my build and installed vista home prem 64bit Yesterday I tried connecting the my book premium 320gb that i was using with my old computer and it worked, installed all it's own software and was on the go. Today however, i turned my pc on and the mybook wasn't picked up, i've tried restarting numerous times, i've used different usb ports, i've downloaded all the...
April 26th 08 12:17 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 122
Need help please by azarax
Hello, people i am posting this thread for a problem i have been having. This morning i went to listen to some music on my external hard drive and it is not working. this is the first time it has stopped working and i am not sure what to do i thought i would post this thread and find out some info. I am not sure what is going on i do not know if it is broken or anything but i plug the external...
January 22nd 09 03:24 PM
by Max Goldman[_2_] Go to last post
8 185
Memory strangeness by Azin[_2_]
I've just installed another 2 Gig of RAM because Vista ultimate 64bit is quite hungry for memory. In the windows experience index I had a score of 5.6 out of 5.9, with the 2 gig of memory bringing it down to 5.6, the rest of the hardware scoring top at 5.9 I thought that by installing 4 gig in total my memory score would go up to 5.9 too, but can you believe it, it's dropped to 5.5!...
January 16th 08 10:08 PM
by Patrick[_8_] Go to last post
4 132
ess maestro 3i installation problems by Azlan
Vista appears to be incompatible with ess maestro 3i soundcards. Driver does not work properly even in compatibility modes. I can get it to work installing in compatibility for xp or 2000 but then as soon as computer is restarted, the sound card is not functioning once again. Does anybody know of any solutions aside from getting a new sound card. This is the only serious issue with vista...
October 13th 06 02:14 PM
by ldone Go to last post
1 159
WGA Killing Vista by azmudrat
If I install a new harddrive and video card in windows Vista Home Premium will WGA kill my OS? If so, and I have an OEM copy will Microsoft reset it?
February 15th 08 12:50 AM
by TomKo Go to last post
3 224
The 3 GB Question… by AzPhotoGuy
I am new to this group, so I apologize in advance if I am asking a redundant question. I looked, but didn’t see the answer anywhere. I understand that a 32 bit operating system can only see 4 gb of RAM. Windows XP had a switch you could turn on in the boot.ini file that allowed you to use 3 gb RAM to a single program. I am a photographer and utilize Adobe PhotoShop (a huge RAM slut) and...
August 27th 07 09:41 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
6 192
Looking for Video Card Advice by AzPhotoGuy
After upgrading to Vista, I find that was once my state-of-the-art video card (Nvidia FX-2000) won’t run Vista worth a darn. I am a professional phhotographer and live within numerous applications that utilize dual monitor setups. While my existing FX-2000 does OK with single monitor, it is slower than $#*&% with dual monitor use (is actually un-usably slow). I plan on updating to 64 bit...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 16th 07 05:07 PM
by andy Go to last post
11 211
network controller and wireless card driver not found and wont ins by azreal
Hi i recently had a automatic vista home basic update and after it installed i have not been able to access my wireless internet. i get a message saying that the drivers cannot be found. i went to the device manager and it says the same and also that my network controller drivers are missing. so i try to automatcaly reinstall drivers but they are not found and i have tryed the disk that came...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 07 05:16 PM
by freddy Go to last post
15 269
Voda Ireland - USB Modem E220 by A_M_Hanley
It would be interesting to start a thread about download speeds for the Vodafone Ireland E20 USB Modem. To be honest I am unsure of what speeds I should be getting and want to compare with other users in Ireland .... For example : Today I downloaded a 1.5 meg video clip. At the start the download speed was showing at 92K/sec !!!!!! This almost immeadiately dropped by half ... And then continued...
October 14th 07 06:02 PM
by A_M_Hanley Go to last post

From The