  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
resources by Banjaxster
I just build a new system for Vista amd athalon 64x2 3800, 1 gig pc6400 ddr2 ram ,msi k9nu neo motherboard seagate 120 gig hd & 160 seagate sata hd,ati x1300 video card. I have vista rc2 installed . first it won't see the sata 160 gig hd,it does the ata 120 hd It runs very slow and the netcard,video card both say there are not enough resources to run so i cant get online. I have installed the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 06 02:35 AM
by Banjaxster Go to last post
10 355
choosing booting in partitioned HDD by phatali
Hey, im new here so firstly i would like to say hello :) and second i hope someone can help me with a problem. Basically im running Vista 32 bit on my hp notebook but i have some programs that are not compatible with it yet, so i decided to partition my hardrive and have xp on one of the partitions. so now C: is vista D: is xp and i think F: is recovery but it was D::confused:
April 25th 09 11:54 AM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 355
MS mouse and keyboard - Windows keeps wanting to install drivers by 13th_Panther[_12_]
it sounds to me like windows still is tring to install the mouse and key board . it might not be compatible with your system . also you can go into windows update and on the left side click where it reads restore hidden updates or hide updates . then you can remove them from the list in the updates .
March 12th 10 11:09 PM
by Andrew Murray[_8_] Go to last post
1 355
Mouse alignment by Please help!
I am having a problem with my mouse pointer. When I move the pointer/arrow over an "X" I have noticed that if I try to click on the "X" (or whatever the button may be for that matter) I have to actually move the pointer so that it is above what I want to select. The odd thing is though, that this is not always the case. Sometimes the poiner works just fine. I have noticed that this does...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 08 12:12 PM
by Robert mcMonagle Go to last post
14 355
poss solution to generic volume and usb drive problems by GDS
was having a hell of a time trying to get my Vista x64 system to recognize all of my card readers and my usb hubs. For the USB hubs it would recognize 2gig or less flash drives but nothing over that and when I opened "my computer" I didn't see the typical list of all the 'virtual drives' I was used to seeing. I tried redoing the INFCACHE.1 trick, and edited my registry to point to system32...
November 4th 08 01:05 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 354
USB Mouse Freezes Fix and Windows 7 by Commander Blaize
Method 1 *For Microsoft Windows Vista (and windows 7) Click Start, and type device manager in the Start Search box. Click Device Manager in the Programs list. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue. In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Right-click USB Root Hub and then click Properties. In...
December 6th 09 01:09 PM
by david41 Go to last post
2 354
HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing drivers by Tom
Since previous week I have a smartphone HTC Touc Pro 2, previous I had a Nokia 6021 which connects via your bluetooth stack to my desktop. With this device I have no problems seen. Communication works perfect. Now there are problems when I want to connect the smartphone device to my PC via Bluetooth. Installing the drivers gives me an error. I have Windows Vista x86 SP2 installed. I do the...
June 21st 09 08:19 PM
by Tom Go to last post
3 354
Getting Programs to Work Using Old Hard Drive by Jim in Spokane
I have a new eMachine D620-5133, Model No. MS2257, which is made by Acer. The operating system is Window Vista Home Basic SP-1 and it has a 32-bit operating system. I connected the hard drive from my old Dell with Windows 98 to my new computer. I used an Airlink101 3.5” USB 2.0 SATA/IDE HDD Enclosure, Model AEN-U35SE to make the connection. I am able to access the files on the old...
May 27th 09 05:45 PM
by Battman540 Go to last post
8 354
Having trouble adding IDE hard drive to SATA setup. by obobgurubob
As the title suggests, I am having trouble getting Vista to recognize the IDE hard drive I am trying to add. I have Vista Home Basic running off of my SATA HD and want to add IDE as extra storage. I have it all hooked up, IDE hard drive is set to master on same controller as my DVD drive, but windows isn't recognizing the HD properly, it recognizes it as a new drive, but it is coming up as a...
May 14th 09 09:25 PM
by obobgurubob Go to last post
7 354
Memorex 4GB travelmate incompatible with ReadyBoost by Lakesidezx
Just in case anyone else feels like taking advantage of the sale at staples for the Memorex 4GB travelmate usb flash drive to use for ReadyBoost. Don't bother, it isn't compatible. It's still a good price at $54.00 if you have a need for a 4GB flash drive but according to vista it's too slow to use for readyboost unfortunately.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 07 04:19 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
12 354
External Hard Drive Buffalo Drivestation Vista will not pick it up by Sue
Hi There I have Vista Premium. I purchased a Buffalo Drivestation (500gb) Buffalo say it is Vista Compatible but my computer does not recognize it. Plugged it into my XP machine and that was fine. Anyone know what I am doing wrong vista picks up my other external drives ok. Any help would be appreciated as I have tried everywhere for a drive but to no avail. Sue
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 08 09:47 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
18 354
Remote Desktop Vista Mouse Not Working by [email protected]
Hello, I have a dual monitor setup at home. I've enabled remote desktop on it so that I cannot connect to it from elsewhere. The dual monitors have different resolutions, one is an LCD, the other is a CRT. Whenever I remote desktop in, only a single screen is available, which is fine. The problem is, none of my mouse clicks register on the windows. I can use the keyboard to navigate windows...
October 28th 08 02:13 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 354
Nvidia Drivers by Phil
Why are the Nvidia graphic card drivers on windows update older than on the Nvidia website & yet windows update always recommends the older one they have?, I don't know which one to use, Phil.
September 28th 08 06:36 AM
by Phil Go to last post
9 354
GeForce 6200SE by rmarvin
Audio /Video out of sync. Have tried various drivers. 9746,0064,9752. Drivers with XP were nv4_mini.sys and I experienced no problems. Anyone else? Solution? -- Bob
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 07 10:25 AM
by rmarvin Go to last post
12 353
USB drive Initialization error by GMZ
::I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit version. :: ::I have an external USB drive – Maxtor OneTouch 2 that is working on my old XP Pro. Computer.:: ::Device Manager does recognize the drive and it also is seen in the BIOS. Disk Management does show my external USB drive as an unknown and not initialized.:: ::When I try to initialize the drive I get an error message “Incorrect...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 5th 09 04:02 AM
by GMZ Go to last post
10 353
Tremendous Display Issues, BSOD/etc by u4ea
Hello, Ever since roughly 2 weeks after I bought my Gateway FX laptop, I've been getting several different FRUSTRATING display issues. I'm running Vista Home Premium 64bit, I have a 9800M GTS, 4GB of DDR3, and a 2.26GHZ DuoCore. Where to begin, lets see... I constantly get the BSOD blaming nvlddmkm.sys, my computer constantly freezes up on games, we're talking full-blown freeze, not just a CTD, I...
May 22nd 09 06:11 AM
by Steve McGarrett Go to last post
4 353
Vista collapsed, reason given a probable error with audio device by H. Akhtar
event properties given as fault bucket 0xCE_BAD_IP_RTKVHDA+11e5c1, type 0 hav reloaded the sound drivers....audio device is misbehaving, system recognizes it randomly.
October 12th 08 11:40 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 353
Device Driver by Bellaar
Hi i Have Vista Home Basic 32bit windows sometimes tries to find Device Driver but cant find, it tells me to look for the manufactures web site. Where do i find the manufacture? Computer is going ok. i was told if going ok dont worry:confused: Had computer for 10mths ok, new with tech stuff. -- Bellaar ------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 27th 08 01:12 AM
by Andrew Murray[_6_] Go to last post
2 353
64bit Alps Pointing Device Driver by Doomz
Is there such a thing out there? *points to topic* I seem to have to beable to have the driver to disable the touchpad since the windows one won't disable on the laptop.. its a sony VGNFZ180E model if you need that info.. -- Doomz
November 11th 08 03:28 AM
by Milhouse Van Houten Go to last post
1 353
USB hardware not recognised warnings - when theres no USB devices by Ben G
I have been using Vista for almost 8 months now and have never had any problems until I turned on my PC earlier this evening and noticed that none of the USB ports worked at all. Windows keeps showing me the "USB device not recognised" warning dialogue box and is randomly playing the sounds it does when you plug in and un-plug a USB device. Boggled, I have unplugged ALL my USB devices, but...
November 27th 08 02:51 AM
by Nigma Go to last post

From The