CD / DVD Rom drive is not working by wfroadrunner
Dont know what the heck is going on. My CD/DVD rom is not showing up and when I place a disc of any form its not reading or loading up. I use Vista Home Premium and everything has been cool up to this point. Would greatly appreciate anyone's assistance. When I go to my computer, all the drives show up, just not the D drive. I dont use Itunes, however I do use Napster.
July 18th 07 05:48 PM
by freddy Go to last post
8 161
Intel 950GMA drivers in RC1 ?? by wgd
In article , says... Hi, Did any one hear about it? Do you know if Vista RC1 will have native drivers for this integrated graphics? I just spend 45 minutes playing hide and seek with "Desktop Properties" to make "Intel Lakepod driver" change my resolution back to maximum, so I can see anything on the...
August 27th 06 08:29 PM
by wgd Go to last post
0 753
Tip of Pen Right-Clicks instead of Clicking by [email protected]
I need help sorting out some wierd interaction between these suspects: my trackball, pen/tablet, Vista Home Premium (which includes the tablet PC component), and ??? I'm having troublewith pen settings for my Wacom Intuos 2 graphics tablet. I want the tip of the pen to 'click', but it insists on invoking 'right click' despite the fact that the 'Wacom Tablet Properties' utility shows that the...
June 12th 07 02:47 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 269
Tip of Pen Right-Clicks instead of Clicking by [email protected]
I need help sorting out some wierd interaction between these suspects: my trackball, pen/tablet, Vista Home Premium (which includes the tablet PC component), and ??? I'm having troublewith pen settings for my Wacom Intuos 2 graphics tablet. I want the tip of the pen to 'click', but it insists on invoking 'right click' despite the fact that the 'Wacom Tablet Properties' utility shows that the...
June 10th 07 07:23 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 174
help tell me why by wheelman
i bought vista home premium,i figure maybe 2007 microsoft,fianlly made one that works right.not!!!! it want let me install my sprint cell phone soft ware..so i can get on line.is this ever going to end,cant bill gates hire people to finally get one right.not one os that works or does not have bugs.i cant stand much more of this crap
June 13th 07 03:28 AM
by Jason Knutson Go to last post
7 247
Zoom 5510 Usb Adsl Modem Problem by wheniwaschild
I have installed Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and then i'm trying install Zoom 5510 Usb Adsl Modem but I don't connect 10.0.0.2. I don't resolve problem :(
March 3rd 07 10:33 PM
by sevinc Go to last post
2 221
CD-ROM-unit, corrupt config info in register (code 19) by WhiplashInfo.se
Hi, I just upgraded from XP to Vista Enterprice and has faced a lot of problems. One of them is that the Vista does find the CD-ROM unit, but rapport a error message: " A driver was found but a error occurred when the driver should install. The config info in the regsiter is either incompled or corrupt. (Code 19)" I then run and bought a brand new CD-ROM, installed the hardware and started...
February 22nd 07 12:06 PM
by WhiplashInfo.se Go to last post
2 270
Utopia brand keyboard problem on boot/start by Whiskey7
OK this has been bugging me for a whille and I've tried a few thing to no joy, wonder if you can assist? I have a Utopia brand keyboard and mouse. Other specs as in sig... The problem is that about 50% of the time after boot and Vista (64) loading my keyboard isn't working. (Mouse always fine btw)
April 23rd 08 09:35 AM
by Whiskey7 Go to last post
0 147
Nvidia Go 7400 drivers by White-Orbital
hi. i used to download this driver using windows update. yesterday i format my computer and done the updates but i couldn't find 7400go updates in windows update section. nvidia's website is not supporting, and the drivers from sony's website is not giving me the perfomance i need. this is my...
February 15th 08 04:24 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 136
vista version by Whiteflokati
I am a bit confused now, lol. I have an AMD 64 machine but I installed Beta 2x86.... If i try the Beta 2x64 disc it says wrong version. Anyway, my nvidia drivers don't work well on it and I wish I could uninstall it now but it seems impossible without major work... "Rick" wrote: The x86 designation is taken from the Intel line
September 1st 06 07:54 AM
by Whiteflokati Go to last post
0 526
digital speakers and analogue headphones at the same time in vista by whiterabbit
my computer has a realtek alc 882 hd audio. i have speakers connected via optical output - my speakers can decode dolby digital. i also have headphones plugged into the headphone socket. in windows xp if i wanted to be quiet i can turn the speakers off and hear everything from the headphones. for films with dolby digital the sound would be output by sp/dif and the speakers would decode - the...
May 22nd 08 01:09 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
1 134
Microphone Sound by WhiTeSnaK
I have Vista Ultimate. I cannot get the MIC to work. I go thru the Creative SB X-Fi program on the Taskbar, go thru the procedure. but nothing works. Anyone got any ideas? ThanksWS
January 4th 10 03:43 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
7 272
The Dangers of RAID and Vista by whiwo
Two weeks ago, I purchased two WD Black Caviar 1TB drives after the third (count them) Maxtor external drive gave out on me within a 1 1/2 year period; this time wiping out all of my work, music, pictures, documents, etc. I managed to regain 2/3 of it back by using a restoration software I purchased. I moved the restored files onto one of the newly purchased drives that I had setup using...
March 5th 09 07:58 PM
by DL Go to last post
6 203
DVD/CD Burner Driver Issues by whiwo
I installed Vista without a hitch. Yeah, there a couple of minor issues that I can deal with until new drivers come out...with the exception of one thing. Vista no longer recognizes my Plextor DVD Burner nor my Backup Sony CDR Burner. Nothing wrong with them, the BIOS has no problems and the Device Manager list them properly. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and reboot but Vista...
February 19th 07 05:53 PM
by John Monahan Go to last post
8 188
How To Resolve Issues With Your DVD/CD Burner in Vista by whiwo
Spent $59.00 for this answer since I have OEM. Free support is only for retail. Go to article kb 314060 in the windows database and it will provide you with instructions to have Vista recognize your Drives again. Good Luck!
February 18th 07 03:11 PM
by whiwo Go to last post
0 210
Vista 64 & Asus A8N-SLI delux + SI 3114 raid problem by Who am I
I'm trying to make a clean install of Vista 64 business. I downloaded several 64bit Sil drivers from the site of SI and AMD (only the XP 64 version, vista not present). I put it all on an usb-key in started the installation. I searched the USB during the installation and the Driver from AMD was compatible. After that, installation of the files is allmost instantaneous (suspect) and the...
August 26th 07 11:08 PM
by sparkinark Go to last post
5 181
Extend Volume is greyed by whs[_8_]
With disk management you cannot extend to the left. Use 'Partition Wizard Home Edition.' (http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html) Just move the slider. -- whs
May 2nd 10 07:48 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
0 560
Interpretation of ReadyBoost drive activity by whturner
I have a new Gateway cpu i7 920 Desktop with Vista 64 and 3G Ram. When I borrow my FAST flashdrive from my portable and use it in my desktop, ReadyBoost recommends reserving 3830 Mb for optimum speed. It is apparently useful, as the access light on the Flash Drive shows a fair amount of activity. My questions a 1) Does that activity prove I should increase Ram? I am not a gamer, but I do...
March 12th 09 09:46 PM
by whturner Go to last post
2 204
An odd fix to the Vista 64 Esata problem by whturner
I have been through all the problems and attempted fixes for my Simpletech Pro 1000 Gb external drive to try to use Esata with my new Gateway and Vista Home premium, including swapping the drive for a replacement. No luck - it still would lock up the computer at times, even after being recognized in My Computer, Disk Manager, Device Manager et al. It worked with usb, firewire, and, with Vista...
October 13th 09 04:53 AM
by whturner Go to last post
0 139
DVD drive problem by WhyHelloThere
I have here an Optiarc DVD AD-7200A drive but it can't seem to run anything other than CDs. Device Manager says there's nothing wrong with it, and updating drivers doesn't help. Is there a way to fix this or will I need to get it replaced? Thanks in advance. --
June 1st 09 11:41 PM
by Travis Bickle Go to last post

From The