Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
add office assistants after installing office 2000 pro using Vista by Billythegolfer
receive insufficent memory when clicking on Gallery tab. What have I done wrong -- golfer
March 1st 08 05:01 PM
by Billythegolfer Go to last post
0 204
ACPi Bios does not contain an IRQ device for the device in PCI slo by ropman76
hi this error keeps restarting my computer. Only thing i have ever done with a pci slot was put in a graphics card and just installed the latest drivers. so how do i get this to stop? here is the full meal deal- Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event" - System Provider Name="ACPI" / EventID Qualifiers="49157"6/EventID Level2/Level ...
March 1st 08 04:50 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
1 174
Vista Home Installation error on setup by gspetrick
Trying to install VISTA premium 64 bit. On setup it starts loading Windows and the a blue screen appears Halting installation. Getting Stop:0X0000007E(0XFFFFFFFF0000005,0XFFFFF8000105E251,0XFFFFF98000E0EB98,0XFFFFF98000E0E570). Can any help eplain this error? Have installed Windows XP 64bit and Vista Premium 32 Bit on this system with no problems. Computer is a Dell E521, AMD 64 X2 6400+, 4...
March 1st 08 04:47 PM
by Holz[_2_] Go to last post
1 170
down to basic from ultimate by Andy G
i installed a dodgy copy of vista ultimate that i thought i would try out on my pc to see if it ran vista goo, im happy with vista and want to purchase it but theres no way i can afford to pay the high price tag, now I want to buy vista basic 64 bit, can i use the windows marketplace download to install it over the top of ultimate?
March 1st 08 03:15 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 179
Safety warnings Ultimate by Manfred
Hello, Can someone tell me how to Disable al the safety warnings of Vista Ultimate. every time i do something, there is a warning if i know it for sure to do this things I hope some one can help me i get wierd of it. Grtz Manfred
March 1st 08 03:04 PM
by ~~GC~~[_2_] Go to last post
1 176
Vista Home Premium OEM stopped and prompted for driver disk by DH
Hi all, The process stucked on the prompt for driver disk. Detials step as follow 1. boot from OEM DVD 2. Vista loading itself to memory 3. Language selection screen shown up, select the language 4. Install screen applied, click "Install Now" 5. The window run for a while, and pop up a window and the message that, driver not found, and prompted for driver disk. 6. insert the driver CD from the...
March 1st 08 11:35 AM
by Ciro Go to last post
3 219
about an error by krimou
After downloading and installing afree software i got a message;a window saying: time-error'55' file already open.What does that mean? Can anyone help to resolve the probleme thank you My best regards
March 1st 08 09:31 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 189
no sound from live tv by tastring
hooked old monitor to new system with vista ultimate and have external speakers. I can not get live tv sound while all else is working fine. How do I get sound while watching live tv?
March 1st 08 05:35 AM
by RichMun Go to last post
3 184
RC1 on Toshiba Tectra A4 (and others?) Solution by David Weemys
Have been searching the forum for months trying to find a solution to the halting installation, usually thought to have been associated with crcdisk.sys. The problem is in fact caused by pcmcia.sys files! To get round this, you need to delete or rename two files, but this can't be done from the safe mode command prompt, due to permissions. Instead, reboot from the install dvd and go to...
March 1st 08 03:56 AM
by Saffi Go to last post
8 189
Vista Troubles by DaveTomneyUK
Hi, I tested my new build this morning using Windows Vista Premium using these items. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131173 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131950 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130429 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/118268 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/116522
March 1st 08 03:40 AM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
2 530
Repartition HDisk - reinstall vista by The Pianist
I am going to reinstall my OS in a few days (Vista Home Basic) and I want to merge the two partitions I have now (C and D) together. They each have approx. 38GB of space. Is this possible? Isn't it when you install using Boot-from-CD and you just select "remove" the D:\ partition and the remaining space gets transferred to C:\? Or do you have to do something else? FYI: I'm going to perform...
March 1st 08 03:35 AM
by Gary Mount Go to last post
2 208
sorry by family4602
sorry to all who i upset because of my double post. I did not mean to I'm new at this so please give me a break.
March 1st 08 03:19 AM
by Holz[_2_] Go to last post
2 274
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE TO VISTA by Holz[_2_]
This manual will save you some aggravation. http://www.conejonetwork.com/upg.pdf -- Live & let live, or leave. :-)
March 1st 08 03:17 AM
by Holz[_2_] Go to last post
0 217
reinstall on new machine by alexgarcia55
Hi, If I understand correctly, if I purchase a retail version of Vista Ultimate I can move it to a new machine 1 time. But I have also read that I can only activate either the 32-bit or 64-bit version if I purchase a retail copy that has both in it. I would like to install it on my 32-bit laptop this year and build a new 64-bit machine next year when I can afford it better.
March 1st 08 01:14 AM
by Hobo Go to last post
2 183
Network Set-Up by Deacon
I have a desktop (running on XP) which connects to the internet via a wireless router. I have just bought a laptop (Vista) and this successfully connects via the wireless router also. BUT what I can't get to work is the 2 computers to communicate with each other, share files etc.
February 29th 08 11:46 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 187
boot sequence? by Heath
when i restart windows will not open untill i hit F1 and then it will start. It says that floppy is not found. I may have srewed up the boot sequence or factory settings?
February 29th 08 11:44 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 197
Vista, WDS, Sysprep, and WinSIM by [email protected]
Is there a component in winSIM that I can set so that when I produce the answer file, move it to the box I want to sysprep, run sysprep on it, that upon reboot I get the window to enter in the product key? This is my dilemma: I have 7 laptops I need to image Vista Business onto. This is what I've done so far: - Create a standard Vista setup on one of the laptops
February 29th 08 10:27 PM
by x Go to last post
1 213
KB937287 keeps showing up on my 64-bit Vista UE. by Phillip Pi
Hello! Is anyone else having problems installing this speific KB937287 update? I am unable to get it to stop showing up in my 64-bit Vista UE's Windows Update even though it was a success. All other today's updates were fine except one (KB937287 failed) and then rebooted, but now KB937287 keeps showing up even after successful installs. Someone else noticed this too:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 29th 08 09:49 PM
by Harolds[_2_] Go to last post
54 1,210
Existing programs by Vicki
I just purchased Vista Ultimate, but I'm afraid to install it. I have a couple of questions. 1 .Do I need to unistall my XP? 2. Will I lose my old programs, lint Printmaster, Roxio, ect? 3. Will I lose my files? Thank You, Vicki
February 29th 08 09:28 PM
by philo Go to last post
2 217
Strange vista problems... by Adrian Brown
Ive had a strange problem happen twice now. Ive installed Vista on many PC's, but the last two i have done have caused problems. They are new builds with fresh harddrives (SATA). Everything is going fine and Vista installs without problems. When i deliver the pc's to my clients i pop their old HDD and put it either in an external HDD caddy or on an IDE cable. I try and copy some files...
February 29th 08 07:40 PM
by philo Go to last post

From The