Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Error by aktivate Vista by KMS by Robert
Hello, following error code: 0xc004f035 if run following task you will get the error message C:\Windows\system32slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004f035 It's a new Computer delivered with no operating system(Dell Precision 490). First i installed vista. That was no Problem. Then i added the kms adress (slmgr.vbs -skms ip:port). Then i did slmgr.vbs -ato. Now i got the error
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 07 12:27 PM
by Robert Go to last post
10 279
Which version to buy? Upgrade or Full by Kim
I've had the Vista Beta on my computer and have NEVER been able to get it stable. I'm hoping that if I purchase the released version it will help. I did a completely clean install on the Beta, but I have a Full Home Version of XP that was purchased. Do I have to have XP ON the computer to use the upgrade version or just provide the disc and the serial number. The $150 price difference is...
March 21st 07 12:20 PM
by HEMI-Powered Go to last post
6 208
Tasks don't stay running during screensaver by 2cpus4me
Vista Ultimate Retail. Clean Install. Intel Xeon dual motherboard with 3.0G ram My tasks don't continue to run after the screensaver activates. When I get up in the morning the email has stopped coming in, newreader has not updated, web security cameras do not receive data. Its kind of a problem when a security camera only works if I'm sitting at the computer. Is the network going to...
March 21st 07 11:55 AM
by 2cpus4me Go to last post
0 183
Vist Default User Profile by CoCUser
In the past with Windows XP we installed all of the applications required, configured the computer the way we wanted, copied the working profile to the default user profile and then ran sysprep before creating our image. It looks like the default profile is located in "c:\users\default" Is this correct? I've tried copying the working profile to the default user profile in the advanced...
March 21st 07 10:16 AM
by JP Go to last post
3 255
Vista Sysprep Unattend Bugs? by mazman
Hi All, I would generally like to know how many people out there are experiencing issues with Vista's sysprep, and unattend installs. The 2 main issues I'm experiencing a 1. I get a "Trust relationship failed" after I join the domain with vista. This occurs when I manually enter the computer name during windows welcome. I belive this is a bug, but when will there be a fix?????
March 21st 07 09:42 AM
by JP Go to last post
1 250
Windows Vista install problem through XP by Mosco
I have 2 hard drives and 3 partitions and want to install vista on one and keep XP on my other two. When I install vista via XP it gets through it ok but then it bums out after its done Expanding files, and gives this error: Windows installer can not reset window's. please reinstall Thats not the exact phrasing but pretty close. Is this a problem with XP, BIOS, or Installer ?
March 21st 07 07:12 AM
by Libor T. Go to last post
4 241
problem with upgrading by Libor T.
Hi, I have this problem with upgrade from XP pro to Vista business. When installation expanding files (22%), it stops on error message: Installation can't preprare computer to reboot. I try to removel Nero 7 premium and disable antivirus NOD32. I have latest upgrades from Lenovo site for bios and drivers. When I look to installation log files I see this error: 2007-03-21 01:37:10, Info ...
March 21st 07 06:58 AM
by Libor T. Go to last post
0 175
Power on problems by Nigel Molesworth
Sometimes, after my PC has been asleep for a while, I have a problem turning it back on. The power comes on, the fan starts, but then it goes off again after a few seconds. This cycle repeats until I do a full power-down, a reset does not work. Any thoughts? -- Nigel M
March 21st 07 03:33 AM
by w_tom Go to last post
3 362
0x8007000B immediatly after Install Now by Robb
I give up. Immediatly after "Install Now" I receive a "Windows was unable to create a required installation folder" message, Error code 0x8007000B. I am attempting this on a T60P with Sonic DLA, Power Management Driver, Lenovo Rescue and Discovery un-installed per the Lenovo site. I also disable McAfee Virus protection. I have no idea on what directory it thinks that it cannot create. I...
March 21st 07 02:48 AM
by Ian Cheung [MSFT] Go to last post
1 180
What were you guys thinking? System Builder Gripe! by rabbit101
Ok, A $400 Full Version Vista Business Ultimate/NEW OS that stops 30 minutes in and asks "Please insert the driver disc" Which driver I ask myself, wow....any given motherboard may have upwards of 20 different drivers (Not including Video card, TV Card etc.) depending on how hard the manufacturer worked on compatibility? So I have an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Windows Vista Certified motherboard in...
March 21st 07 02:19 AM
by Darrell Gorter[MSFT] Go to last post
1 246
does anyone have problems in using cygwin and network simulator? by odla
dear microsoft, i`ve buy new notebook to work on my thesis. so i bought notebook with vista bussiness on it. why does cygwin run abnormally? one of the abnormal one is my mouse seems blur.... and if i use a syntax startx (this syntax used to open bash shell ) it just open several times, and the problems doesnt stop there, when i try to instal ns-allinone-2.29 with a command ./install, the...
March 20th 07 11:55 PM
by odla Go to last post
0 236
My computer does not start automatically. by Mackey
After installing Windows Vista (upgrade version), my computer no longer starts on its own. I now have to start it if I wane it to start before the 30 second time limit. It gives me three options: (1. Earlier Version of Windows 2. Windows Vista 3. Recover Earlier Version of Windows).
March 20th 07 11:52 PM
by pete Go to last post
1 218
Windows Upgrade Advisor: 3 "Device" questions by Rod
Hi in preparation for upgrading to Vista Ultimate from Win XP Pro SP2, I ran Upgrade Advisor and got No Compatability Data for: 1. Intel System Management Bios Driver. I have downloaded a BIOS revision for my Intel D865PERL motherboard. I have NOT run this 2005 update as yet. 2. Compaq NC 3120 Fast Ethernet NIC. This is a network card I got from a 3 yr old Server. It's not my original....
March 20th 07 11:45 PM
by Mike Moore Go to last post
1 254
Upgrade troubles. by Mike
Bought a new emachine about 3 weeks ago and it came with vista basic, I liked the way it looked so decided to get ultimate. The upgrade advisor just recommends upgrading my video card after I upgrade. I get almost to the end of the install (the final part) and get a blue screen. It goes so fast I can't read what it says but it won't let me upgrade to the new version, keeps doing the rollback...
March 20th 07 11:05 PM
by Mike Go to last post
2 258
Move Vista from current drive to RAID drives? by xiowan
Hi All: I currently have Vista installed on a Sata drive and want to move it to 2 new SataII drives in a Raid0 array. I used an F6 floppy to install the Intel Raid drivers during the Vista installation and then loaded the Matrix storage manager. I know I can use the current Sata drive and add 1 or two and migrate the O.S. to a RAID format. However, I don't want to use the current Sata...
March 20th 07 08:52 PM
by xiowan Go to last post
0 157
VPN by jtdickie
Hello, I'm planning on installing Vista Business full version on my computer. I VPN to work every day. Are there connection problems using Vista? Thanks, Jim
March 20th 07 07:55 PM
by just bob Go to last post
3 354
Can Vista be installed on top of itsself? by Jeff Ingram
Hello, Can Vista be installed on top of itsself? I was wondering if I were possible to reinstall XP onto a different drive and then reinstall Vista over top of the current install without wiping everything out. Thanks, Jeff
March 20th 07 07:48 PM
by Jeff Ingram Go to last post
5 301
My computer doesn't start automatically by Mackey
My computer no longer starts automatically since upgrading to Windows Vista. It now gives me three options, one of them that tkes me to Windows Vista.
March 20th 07 07:41 PM
by BobS Go to last post
1 298
Dual boot XP/Vista sharing common installed applications and data? by Andrew Fiddian-Green
I have a machine running XP with a full gamut of installed applications (e.g. MS Office, iTunes, BDS2006, and many more). This is a test and development machine, so I need to keep the XP environment and all running application, but I want to also add Vista as a dual boot. My question is whether it is possible for the Vista install to leave the XP environment unchanged but copy the XP...
March 20th 07 07:37 PM
by BobS Go to last post
5 153
Vista Ultimate Upgrade - error 0x8007001F at expanding files by Rav
Hi All.. Despite many attempts I cant get to install the retial as a upgrade of my RC2 installation: just wanted to seek advice before going clean install. Basically the upgrade warns that some programs wont work after install, but that these wont effect the installation itself. It then copies the files, then gathers the files to 100%. Immediately it changes to expanding files 0% I get an...
March 20th 07 07:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The