Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
'Edit my profile' button error by DavidT
I get a 'runtime error' when trying to edit my profile from IE7 in vista. Server Error in '/library' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely...
January 31st 07 04:32 PM
by DavidT Go to last post
0 154
'Edit my profile' button error by DavidT
I get a 'runtime error' when trying to edit my profile from IE7 in vista. Server Error in '/library' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely...
January 31st 07 04:34 PM
by DavidT Go to last post
0 141
'Quick Format' versus 'Format' by Jack
When should I choose 'Quick Format' and when 'Format' during repartioning a harddrive? Jack
January 12th 08 08:41 PM
by jorgen[_2_] Go to last post
2 120
'Recent Files' on Start Menu has lost special attributes by JeffG
Most of the items on the right of the Start Menu have special attributes, in that they show an info tooltip on mouseover and have specially tailored right-click menus. My Recent Files item seems to have lost its special attributes and the right-click menu is now just a standard one, with no option to clear the list (if I want to do this, I now have to go to my roaming profile and delete the...
May 9th 08 10:23 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP[_2_] Go to last post
4 219
'Repair' opetion does not show up after upgraded to Vista Ultimate by WishIknow
I upgraded from clean-installed vista Business to Ultimate using a full version of Ultimate but had some problems e.g. some media progrmas can not show video picture, MS Media palyer works fine though. So I ran the Utlimate progrm disk again but it still comes out as 'upgrade', no 'reapir' option. I ran the 'upgrade' optin again anyway but the video program probelmes still persist. Why...
May 23rd 08 11:26 PM
by WishIknow Go to last post
2 220
'Run as administrator' option by Jack
Hello, Why Vista offers me 'Run as Administrator' option when I am already the administrator. What is a difference? Jack
October 5th 08 02:48 AM
by Jack Go to last post
2 279
'Windows Update' disaster - PLS. ADVISE ! by Maverick27
Hi, After a 'Windows Update' a couple of days ago, my laptop with Vista Business now 'crashes' everytime i log in !! I manage to log in successfully, and after a few mins. it, it decides to re-boot to configure the newly installed updates. I then have to use 'System Repair' toolkit to restore the session ! This happens ever since 'Windows Update' installation that happens
January 13th 08 06:10 PM
by John Barnes Go to last post
2 137
(C drive: pq service) Disk full pop up when runing setup please help!!!! by fudge
hello...i reinstalled my vista as i had it rebooting continously..After reinstalling....the c drive shows full....when i check the size of the files seperate itz dont even come up to 10% of the total size.i am very new to this installation thing so i dint do any changes while disk partitioning. but now c drive is named pqservice and also have this d drive named local drive which contains the old...
August 27th 08 03:16 PM
by Boardjunkie Go to last post
1 196
(Re) Activating Vista by MattB[_2_]
Hi all, I bought Vista a few months ago, and all was fine until my motherboard gave out. I replaced the motherboard and processor, but kept the old hard disk drive with Vista already installed. It all runs fine, but Vista is now asking me to activate again, and when I try the product key that came with the software, it tells me that this code is already in use.
August 2nd 07 11:39 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 109
(Reproducable) Crash during installation of Vista 64 Home Premium by IMS
I dont really know any further. My problem: Everytime i try to install Vista on my computer, it crashes. Or to me more exact, in the 2nd stage of the installation progress, after the reboot, it stays about 10 minutes in the last step (i think its "finishing installation"), and then reboots hard. Funny thing is: Directly after that reboot, the SATA disk Vista was installed onto will not be...
February 20th 08 06:29 AM
by elviin[_2_] Go to last post
5 179
* Stop:0x0000005C error by turlisk
ok i’ve been reading through the entire vista threads on this error and yeah didn’t find much i did send a request to my board manufacturer for a new bios for vista (the board is an Epox EP-8RDA3I) my vista upgrade tool says there is nothing wrong but yeah i get the stop error i’m going to try and run the install through windows to see if i get the same error. anyways the reason for this...
February 5th 07 07:25 PM
by turlisk Go to last post
2 181
************ Anyone Help Me With My Previous Post!` by Silentblade®
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Bsodvsodbsod Read My Prev Post And Reply Please -- Silentblade®
May 3rd 07 03:20 PM
by Chad Harris Go to last post
1 118
*.exe files linked to notepad by RustyFord
During a failed attempt to load Acrobat 6 in Vista Business, all exe files are now directed to notepad. How can I redirect exe to become executable again?
March 18th 07 02:30 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
1 110
*Critical* Do you have PerfectDisk 8 installed? by Ronnie Vernon MVP
Greg Hayes from Raxco Software has posted the following information. Raxco has discovered and reported to Microsoft a bug in volsnap.sys that can (if conditions are right) cause corruption and loss of the partition. Raxco has just released PD8 Build 50 (SP4). With Build 50, Raxco has coded around this issue with volsnap.sys. If anybody is running PD8 on Vista, please be sure to update...
February 5th 07 03:09 PM
by rabgary Go to last post
9 222
*Spent Entire Sunday* on this, (User Account Control)-please help :( by xxsassxx31
Hi everyone, I will try to be as brief as possible with this but I want to make sure I explain all the details as I am stuck and not knowing what to do at about 8 PM when tomorrow is a workday :(. Anyways... Windows Platform: 32xVista, Comp: HP 6700 ; To start off, I was an idiot and was installing some program a friend had given to me and it required "New SID" from Microsoft and I did brief...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 13th 09 01:25 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
33 1,075
-- Can not start application -- by Edmundo J. Davila
I just installed Windows Vista SP1. After that everything is working fine, but when I try to start VS 2005 there is a message box with an OK button: "Can not start the application" I uninstalled VS 2005 SP1 and reinstalled it, but the problem persists.
April 1st 08 07:00 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
1 155
---Circle waiting icon; how can we change this [EVERYWHERE]? by ucm
Hi, Every since about the time that Microsoft came out with Windows Vista and IE7 they have been using a spinning circle icon for their waiting cursor. This waiting cursor also appears in IE7's tabs.. Does anybody know of a way we can change that icon in IE7's tabs?
May 1st 09 06:16 PM
by Chad Harris[_8_] Go to last post
4 339
..Windows Vista sound?? by Elliott
hi I´m having problem installing a functional audio controller driver... I have a Creative Audigy Sound card quiet new one.. ....does anyone know What to do? already try with the standard Vista help&suppor, without any luck..
November 19th 06 02:01 PM
by churin Go to last post
1 181
.exe problems by Airborne
Can anyone help please? My son downloaded a dodgy .exe programme from a torrent site and opened it up. It has now completely messed up my vista operating system. It opens my .exe programmes in Microsoft office picture manager. This includes Office (All programmes)and Microsoft Works 9 among others. I cannot use system restore as it opens in picture manager also.
July 17th 08 09:53 PM
by Curious Go to last post
3 165
.EXE.manifest by ms curly
I'm trying to open this kind of file but I can't. I've tried looking on the Web but it keeps coming up with free registry scans etc which I know if I should trust or use. What should I do?
November 5th 07 08:13 AM
by dzomlija[_140_] Go to last post

From The