Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Driver for Realtek HD Audio by zanderqin
Might help to put the link here (sbt) http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlhd-2.aspx?lineid=2004052&famid=2004052&series=2004061&Software=True "zanderqin" wrote: My usage of Vista has now increased: I have audio! Realtek has released a beta driver for Vista. Codec Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC861, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC260, ALC262, ALC268. It works in my HP...
November 18th 06 05:07 AM
by Triel Go to last post
7 530
422 chroma support by JO''H
The new beta for Vista (build 5600) seems to support 420 chroma MPEG2, but not 422. This is a shame as it prevents using broadcast quality MPEGs directly in both the player and the DVD burner. It would be very good if this could be fixed as it represents a jump on Quicktime. -- JO''H
September 19th 06 06:46 AM
by JO''H Go to last post
0 530
vista 5536 mce No TV signal by Chris
hey i got build 5536 installed today and thought i might try the TV part of the new vista media center. alls fine in the setup until i get to setting up the tv signal, it just cant find any channels. i know there avaliable because it works in XP on the same machine. it also appears to have downloaded the guide fine to. any suggestions? chris
September 16th 06 01:24 PM
by Richard Truran Go to last post
3 529
How do you record songs in Vista by BobThompson
On my old XP machine I could go into the "sound" option, select recording options and check the "stereo mix" box, then play a song in Windows Media Player and record in Roxio or another sound recording application. This was a useful way to convert song files from one format to another (for example, from wmf to mp3, or from some proprietary iTunes or Rhapsody format to mp3). This option...
December 25th 09 02:54 PM
by PapaJohn Go to last post
7 529
Drivers by Plop
M-Audio does not support rpc1 drivers. is there support for ' asio ' ? when will support for professional musicians occur ?
September 29th 06 05:04 AM
by Plop Go to last post
0 529
Audio CDs Vista RC1 by scooteroz
Hi there anybody else having problems with Audio CDs in Vista RC1? I don't think I had the same problem in Beta 2. Basically all my audio CDs wont play all files on the CDs are shown as being 1k insize. When I try to play via Itunes the file plays for a second and then skips to the next file and then so on. When I try to play via media center or media player the files also wont play. All...
September 17th 06 01:03 AM
by scooteroz Go to last post
1 529
"Gameplay Stinks with RTM Vista and Current Drivers" by EU XP user
The well-respected Tomeshardware has an elobarate 11 page tech review of current drivers for Vista http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/17/gameplay-only-gets-worse-with-vista/page11.html His conclusion: "Gameplay Stinks with RTM Vista and Current Drivers" Stick with XP?
February 22nd 07 04:21 PM
by thm92630 Go to last post
6 528
Can't drag clips to timeline/storyboard - Movie Maker by Trevor[_7_]
I am trying to edit a video file as I have done hundreds of times before using movie maker, but I can't drag clips to the timeline/storyboard any more. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
May 4th 10 08:07 PM
by Trevor[_7_] Go to last post
0 528
Missing Pictures Foldere by James
Me too - I effectively changed the Pictures location by changing a drive letter through Disk Management. Now the options for Music and Pictures have disappeared from the Start Menu list of customisations, and the links themselves do nothing. I think this might be a bug in build 5536. "balefire" wrote: I have this problem as well. It used to be there, but when I changed the default...
September 4th 06 08:44 PM
by James Go to last post
0 528
Pictures by melizabeth
All of the pictures in my 'Picture' file have recently displayed small blue boxes with two in them. I have no idea how the little blue boxes got there. Can anyone tell me? Thank you.
March 23rd 10 12:05 AM
by John Inzer[_2_] Go to last post
2 527
wmp11 crashing in rc1 by A*
Windows Media Player 11 in Vista RC1 (5600) keeps crashing, randomly... in the middle of a song! It is very annoying... Does anyone have a fix? This didn't happen in Beta 2.
September 11th 06 02:05 AM
by A* Go to last post
0 527
ATI Drivers by Ben
The current beta driver for my ATI product (Radeon x800 xl) is terrible! And they are offering no support. My frames per second have gone from 50-60 to 5-10. Hoping this gets corrected soon.
October 7th 06 03:55 PM
by George Valkov Go to last post
3 527
music players by Julio
I'm getting crazy, I have try every single most popular music players and none will work, they work fine untill the second song for some reason the program freezes, i have to say that the worst one is wmp11, just to mention the ones that i have try, winamp, musicmatch, nero show time, itunes. does anyone has a solution to this problem? thanks -- julian
September 25th 06 01:28 PM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
1 525
Vista RC1 MCE by carawan
Why in Media Center (build 5600) in libraries no added DVD movies from a hard disk? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...
September 10th 06 11:45 AM
by carawan Go to last post
0 525
"error 0xc00d0bb8" Cannot edit/save ID3 info by CJ
I have this problem with only one mp3 file. I only need to fill in album information. The file is not in use elsewhere, isn't open, plays fine when I run it, but I would like to be able to keep my mp3 collection organized properly. "error 0xc00d0bb8" Non-descriptive error that tells me nothing and provides no clue to resolution. Computing at its finest.
March 11th 10 05:42 PM
by CJ Go to last post
0 525
Is there a Windows Media Player for Vista ? by Tony Rogan
When I go looking for Media Player downloads, I cannot find any specifically for Vista. When I try to load down the XP version, it rejects the download because I am running Vista (same with Internet Explorer 7). -- mxplxxx1
September 7th 06 04:59 AM
by Tony Rogan Go to last post
4 524
printing multiple pictures on one page by willi
I am trying to print several pictures on a large sheet of picture print paper and I dont know how to select the pictures that i want to print. I dont know how to get started with the print gallery. I am trying to make a colage of pictures.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 21st 08 03:47 PM
by mia Go to last post
17 521
Replacements for Vista Media Centre ?? by Synapse Syndrome
I've had enough of Media Centre in Vista. It's very buggy, and doesn't feel very good. The interface is awful, especially when using a mouse. It would be nice if Windows Media Player could play TV from BDA drivers, as I like the interface a lot better. Well, I was wondering what other PVR programs people know of that run in Vista using BDA drivers? Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 11th 07 01:16 AM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
32 521
Windows Media Player and DivX/Xvid/Mpeg4 playback issues. by Barath
hi, I m testing on Windows Vista RC1 - build 5600. My system Config AMD Athlon 2600+, 1 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce FX5200 (128MB DDR) I have divX encoded movies which is running perfectly well in windows XP. I
September 25th 06 02:47 AM
by Barath Go to last post
0 521
Vista RC1 Media Center will not playback many video files... by BJones
Does anyone else find it odd that even after installing all required codecs enabling playback of various video formats in Media Player 11, that Media Center still refuses to play back the same files and complains of missing codecs? Doesn't Media Center use the Media Player components for playback? Isn't there any built in functionality in Media Center to download codecs as required? I'm...
September 15th 06 06:16 AM
by Just Bob Go to last post

From The