Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Driver for Realtek HD Audio by zanderqin
Might help to put the link here (sbt) http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlhd-2.aspx?lineid=2004052&famid=2004052&series=2004061&Software=True "zanderqin" wrote: My usage of Vista has now increased: I have audio! Realtek has released a beta driver for Vista. Codec Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC861, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC260, ALC262, ALC268. It works in my HP...
November 18th 06 05:07 AM
by Triel Go to last post
7 530
WMP11 Icon-can you say UGLY? by Jeff
Just a comment. O.K. So WMP11 is new; but WHAT THE HECK is that icon? Ya think MSFT media coulda come up with anything UGLIER? Is the lead icon guy color bind? or was that an inside joke? on all of us. That orange on blue THING makes me wanna vomit. Jeff
November 19th 06 07:03 PM
by Micheal Go to last post
4 271
Windows Photo Gallery by Viktor
Just installed Vista x86 RTM on my computer today. totally new experience... just some questions about wpg. Why cant i delete all tags from the nav pane? i dont want to see all sample pictures and their tags. why must the gallery be auto? i want to choose a folder to view my pictures from not all others like public photo folder and my other picture folders inside my "My Photos" folder. its...
November 18th 06 11:46 AM
by Viktor Go to last post
0 247
Mediaplayer in vista by wjohnsons
I checked out the vista rc2 and found some errors in it. when you try to listen to a song in a folder you get a error message in microsoft media player. if you try to play it in the media center you get a simular error. it would be strange if it was a codec that was missing because the songs are MP3 files. I hope this problem will be fixed.
November 18th 06 03:42 PM
by wjohnsons Go to last post
0 234
Double layer DVD Support? by Johannes Kantelberg
Will Vista DVD Maker support DVD burners that can write to double layer DVD disks? Thanks, Johannes van Vuren. Cambridge UK.
November 20th 06 09:33 AM
by ByronHinson Go to last post
1 296
WMP11 and Vista: Some Observations by msnews.microsoft.com
Been playing with WMP11 on XP for a while and now onto Vista RTM: 1) No support for multiple audio streams in an AVI, it just plays them all at once 2) No VOB support, have to rename as mpg and hope for the best 3) Can't define your own file extensions for the library, .flac, .ogg, etc. (Luckily there's WMPTSE and it works on Vista) 4) No support for hardware DD 5.1 decoding (e.g. Creative...
November 19th 06 11:15 PM
by msnews.microsoft.com Go to last post
0 223
No sound: Multimedia audio controller - not configured correctly by Mcnez
Yesterday we deleted temporary files that were taking up too much memory. We also "defragged" the computer (well, it wasn't me; I have no idea what "defragging" does). Our antivirus software also found a potential virus, but it seems as if it prevented the virus from ruining anything. However, now there is no sound. We can play Windows Media Player and iTunes, but the volume can't be used...
November 20th 06 02:38 AM
by Mcnez Go to last post
0 257
Bypass decoder timebomb with an Xbox 360 by Ted Howard
Yet another reason to buy an Xbox 360 this holiday season. I, like many others, just got hit by my Vista RC1 MCE box losing the ability to play TV. It gives the dreaded "Decoder Error" message. Once I learned that it was doing this due to a timebomb on the decoders for the RCx's, I realized that my Xbox 360 should be unaffected because of the way the MCX transport works! Sure enough, I can...
November 20th 06 01:16 PM
by JW Go to last post
1 250
No Sound by bigpop
I just loaded Vista system this morning and I have no sound on my laptop. HP dv1000. I have done an auto search on the internet and the message states the 'the best drivers are already installed'. Any ideas? JB
November 20th 06 03:16 AM
by bigpop Go to last post
0 282
Driver for Realtek HD Audio by Triel
Newest drivers are out 11/16/2006 http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false "zanderqin" wrote: My usage of Vista has now increased: I have audio! Realtek has released a beta driver for Vista. Codec Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC888, ALC861, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC260, ALC262, ALC268.
November 18th 06 05:10 AM
by Triel Go to last post
0 275
!!VISTA RC2!! Audio capturing while Video capturing by Triel
I use FRAPS to create video of games and have found it to fail dramaticlly since it will not record the sound. I have tried using Audacity and the Vista sound recorder, nothing! They will record my voice when using a mic but will not record the "WAVE" or output of any application.
November 19th 06 01:01 AM
by Triel Go to last post
1 291
Color Management Applet in Control Panel by Carol Steele
In Windows XP one could use the Color Control applet to organise monitor and printer profiles and place a shortcut in the Start Up group to load the monitor profiles at when you booted into Windows. How does the new color management system work in Vista and can you do the same trick to load the monitor profiles at boot?? Any help and advice in using the new color management tools would be...
November 17th 06 06:28 AM
by Matt Beals Go to last post
1 234
Codec works in media player not in media center by Herschel
I'm using xvid (and divx) video codecs in RC1 media player with no problem. However Media Center refuses to recognize the codecs that are installed and working in media player. I've seen this issue posted before with no resolution - any other ideas?
November 19th 06 09:53 AM
by arosado Go to last post
7 282
WMP 11 Library won't compile by encee
When accessing the WMP 11 library tab, it displays the following message ' There are no items in this library yet - the Player is searching for digital media files in the background.' However, despite having circa 15,000 ripped tracks on the HDD, it does not seem to ever find anything. Any ideas why not?
November 15th 06 11:33 AM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
5 271
MCE issue with decoder by Darren Mar-Elia \(MVP\)
I've been using Media Center just fine on Vista RC1 until today. Something I installed yesterday seems to be interfering with MCE's detection of proper codecs to play recorded and live TV. Whenever I try to do it, I get an error. I can play the recorded files just fine using the Divx player but both MCE and WMP choke on it. Any ideas on where to start looking? -- Darren...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 06 02:31 AM
by Robert Lansing Go to last post
12 513
Using Advanced Tag Editor to edit more than one file by Joner39
With WMP 10, i was able to have a handful of files in the "Now Playing" list and edit them AS ONE ie: 5 tracks that had no Album info could be done in one hit byt selecting them all and right clicking, choosing "Advanced Tag Editor" and then just edit the Album Field and ALL would be populated with the Album name and would then no longer show up under the "Unknown" list. However, ,with...
November 15th 06 11:32 AM
by Mike Williams Go to last post
2 236
Pitch by hartley
hello there my computer seems to have a pitch problem, all the sounds, music is a pitch higher than what it should be.. how could i sholve this problem? ta
November 15th 06 10:22 PM
by hartley Go to last post
0 371
WMV files play choppy only on Windows Media Player 11 by RubberChicken
After upgrading to Windows Vista Ultimate RTM from the MSDN site, I've found that WMV files play horribly on the Windows Media Player 11 that ships with Vista. This problem didn't happen with Media Player 11 on Windows XP and the problem doesn't happen when I view the file in Real Player. The video is extremely choppy but the sound appears to be okay. I've tried setting hardware...
November 18th 06 10:37 PM
by DRW Go to last post
1 273
DVD Maker - Writeable disk bug? by Aaron Stipkovich
I am running RC1. Runs perfectly with all my major programs. I stumbled onto Windows DVD Maker. Sleek, clean, fast. Nice job!!... until I actually tried to burn my video DVD. I keep getting a "Please insert a writeable DVD Disc" error, even though my burner works correctly, and there IS a writeable, blank, new, proper DVD in the drive. Any suggestions? H e l l l p !
November 17th 06 06:29 PM
by Aaron Stipkovich Go to last post
0 252
Video by NoobieW1
Two days ago I have installed Vista. My system: Athlon 64 3500+, 1024 mb memory, SLI EN6600GT Asus, 160 GB HD S-Ata. When trying to play movies I frequently get the message "internet explorer has stopped working. Windows is trying to find and answer".. or something like it. Furthermore movies take a hell of a time to play and when moving the playing
November 20th 06 06:48 PM
by NoobieW1 Go to last post

From The