Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
file sharing win 7 and win xp by ZenMasta[_2_]
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup... I didn't see one for 7. I have 2 computers on the same workgroup/lan Desktop with XP Pro Laptop with 7 HP I have lots of folders shared on windows xp but I can't see them/access them in win7. Initial web searches suggested turning off or on simple file sharing in XP
December 20th 09 12:08 AM
by ZenMasta[_2_] Go to last post
0 284
file sharing win 7 and win xp by ZenMasta[_2_]
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup... I didn't see one for 7. I have 2 computers on the same workgroup/lan Desktop with XP Pro Laptop with 7 HP I have lots of folders shared on windows xp but I can't see them/access them in win7. Initial web searches suggested turning off or on simple file sharing in XP
December 27th 09 09:05 PM
by ZenMasta[_2_] Go to last post
6 984
2 networks, can't dhcp on one. by ZenMasta
Hi I don't use vista but I'm trying to fix my nephews friends laptop. Besides some adware that's on it, it doesn't connect to the network/internet like a non spyware infested pc usually does. I've got limited experience with vista. My dad has a laptop with home premium but it was plug and play to get it on the web and do file sharing with winxp computers. So that's why I'm confused about...
January 20th 08 11:13 PM
by ZenMasta Go to last post
3 241
Network computer login and permissions by ZeldaFreak
Hello, I am a fairly experienced windows user and am in charge of maintaining a home network of a little more than half a dozen computers. Being the administrator, I'd like to be able to share large portions of a person's harddrive and allow me to connect to it remotely. I'm having a problem with logging into a person's computer. Some of them I have already logged into with their user...
September 25th 07 01:30 AM
by ZeldaFreak Go to last post
2 156
XP to Vista Networking Issue by Zeke
Im sure this has been brought up 100's of times but I cannot find anything matching my problem. I can see my XP Drives from Vista, and I can even see my Vista Drive from XP but when I try to network it (goes slow) it takes but when I try to access my Drive from XP via network It "Not accessible" Access is denied. Anyone have any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 1st 07 03:41 PM
by plh Go to last post
10 335
compaq R4000 wireless by zeifers
vista found the built in wireless card and installed its drivers, i can see networks but it can not connect, it tells me i have low wireless signal quality problems. xp worked fine and my xbox 360 works on my network, i get the same problem if i try to connect to any other wireless networks. any idea on whats going on?
February 4th 07 06:07 AM
by zeifers Go to last post
0 196
Why won't they share? by Zeffy
Hello, The situation is that one computer has Windows 2000 and one has Windows Vista. They can share the internet and can supposedly see each other but there is no file sharing. Is it simply because they have such different OS or is this something else?
March 7th 07 02:23 PM
by Kim [MS] Go to last post
2 216
Where to find the WIRELESS NETWORKS option in WIN VISTA ??? by Zeeshan...
Hi everyone ! i have a problem regarding wireless in win vista... when i connect a wireless device in win xp...i can see the preferred networks in the network connection properties, but in vista...there is no wireless connection option after connecting... there are LAN, broadband and Dial-up options under "manage network connection" but i cant seem to find any wireless connection in...
December 1st 07 09:32 AM
by Axel Göller[_2_] Go to last post
1 151
Vista notebook cannot print on XP Shared printer by Zeeman Ng[_2_]
Dear All, I am very frustrated in setting up my new Vista notebook printing function. Could anybody help me?? My situation is : I have a home network with one desktop running XP Home, attached to a wireless router by CAT5 cable and a local Epson printer. The Epson printer was shared as a network printer.
April 4th 08 02:41 AM
by jed Go to last post
7 280
Vista laptop cannot access other XP PC & Shared printer by Zeeman Ng
Hello, I had purchased a new laptop running Vista Business edition, with Norton Internet Security. There are 1 desktop & 1 laptop running XP Home on the network. I had installed the LLTD Responder into my XP Desktop and laptop already. The XP Destop & laptop can see my Vista laptop in the network. In the Vista laptop, both XP Desktop and laptop can be shown on the network
August 29th 07 10:10 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
1 151
Trying to network two XP computers - help needed. by zeebop
(Please advise if there is a more appropriate group for this question) I have 2 computers that I am trying to connect to eachother. (They can both connect to the Internet) The error I get when trying to click through in the microsoft network browser is: "\\abc is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
August 3rd 08 01:07 PM
by Tom Allen Go to last post
5 316
Backing up to another network computer by zductman
Everytime i try to use the backup feature to another computer on my network. It keeps coming back access denied. But I have total access to destination computer. Anyone else having this problem? And I cant get system restore to work it has failed everytime. I have a full version of windows vista. Its like half the features dont even work. About the only good about windows vista is the visual...
February 19th 07 09:31 PM
by Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\) Go to last post
5 295
Connected, No Internet by Zayniac
Hi, I've seen similar questions, but they've mostly been for x64 systems, and also unanswered... At home, I use my wireless router to access the internet on my my Windows Vista, Home Premium laptop, with Intel PRO/Wireless 3495 network card. However, when I bring it to work, I can connect to the network fine, and my work has this site pop up from Nextel, when I open IE, asking me to log in...
November 29th 08 01:11 AM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1231_] Go to last post
1 231
Telnet server by zarralad
I have turned on both Telnet server and Telnet Client features but when I try to telnet to the Vista machine from another machine on the LAN I get : Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed. Do I have to do anything else on the Vista machine in order to get this working? I port forward the port 23 on the router to the Vista machine, but I do not think that...
March 6th 07 01:30 AM
by zarralad Go to last post
2 214
Desktop Icons scambled using Remote Desktop by zarbiker
Hi, When I use Vista on one of my networked PC's to remote into another one of my Vista PC's using Remote Desktop the desktop Icons of the remote PC are rearranged/scrambled after the session ends. There are quite a number of Icons arranged for easy access to frequently accessed programs, URLs, disk locations, etc. Having them scrambled each time I connect with RDC is quite a time...
October 2nd 08 10:28 AM
by Sooner Al [MVP] Go to last post
1 305
Question about IP address by Zar
Now my OS is Vista Ultimate, and I get IP from dhcp server to connect Internet I mean my IP is like 10.x.x.x When I was using XP, If I use ipconfig/release & ipconfig/renew, then I can get a new IP from dhcp. But now, the method above can't refresh my dynamic IP address If I want to change my IP address, I must first set a static IP and connect to gateway then disable my ethernet adapter,...
March 16th 08 05:18 PM
by Steve Winograd Go to last post
5 293
No longer able to access Network & Sharing pages by ZapTheSheep
I don't know if there was an update that wiped this ability. I have tried several things to be able to get to the pages under Network & Sharing but the pages either open blank windows that never show information or the pages open up windows that show information and links but, nothing on the page works (i.e., page is frozen). Also, my wireless network icon at the bottom right portion of...
January 21st 08 04:40 PM
by MH Go to last post
6 249
Sharing printers with a pc on xp - so frustrating! by Zapcat
I currently have a pc on xp and a laptop on vista home premium and I want to share the printer, connected to the pc via usb. This is what I have managed to do so far: Both machines can read each others drives and move files around. They are connected via a wireless router, though the pc is hard wired to it. How do I share the printer so the laptop can see it and print on it. Hope you can...
July 16th 07 04:55 PM
by Tim Go to last post
1 204
Vista doesnt connect to Linksys wireless network by Zap
ugh! All of a suden my kid's Vista Dell laptop can not connect to our home network. It used to work fine. It wouldn't connect, we recycled the router a number of times and all of a sudden it connected. It won't connect this morning again. Here's the details. Please help...ed Laptop connects fine to her school wireless network Linksys WR54GS router Router firmware updated to latest...
September 30th 08 12:44 PM
by Zap Go to last post
6 321
Need help configuring static IP for printer by Zan[_2_]
Hi -- My printer was beautifully configured as a network printer until I bought a new computer with Vista and a new router. Now I can't seem to replicate my settings and it is necessary to reinstall the printer every time I want to print. The Netopia 3347 router has a DHCP range of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.253. The "supposedly" static IP address of the printer is 192.168.1.95. This was...
December 1st 08 12:28 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post

From The