Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Adding fax modem to printers list by MarciaBrady
My fax modem doesn't show up automatically in my list of printers when I go into the Print dialogue. How do I add it? I tried the normal "add printer" but I was mystified when I had to choose a port and then never saw any options for fax modems.
October 18th 07 07:00 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 191
2 parallel printers on a PC without LPT ports by Marco Pizzamiglio
My PC (MB Asus P5B deluxe) comes without parallel ports. It runs windows Vista. I've got 2 printers with parallel port only: HP Deskjet 1220 and HP Laserjet 2200dt Vista drivers for that printers are available on HP web site. Which is the best way to connect the printers? I've found the D-link DP-300U ethernet print server (2 LPT + 1 USB), but Vista is not listed in the supported OS, i don't...
July 23rd 07 09:20 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
5 191
Why I can't modify printer preferences by Marcos Orozco
My sistem is: Windows Vista with update up tu date. and I can't modify the printer preferences for any printer (numbre of copies, color or black&withe, orientation paper, typo of paper, etc.). not inside Ofiice or another app. not in printer configuration, and my user have all rigth as administrator. Wath coan I do?
July 30th 08 07:55 PM
by susanz Go to last post
2 336
Some printer properties grayed out by Marcus
A strange things is happening: A Kyocera Mita MF printer is running attached to a Windows 2003 server. Due to the infamous slow-access bug in Vista (still not fixed in SP1) I had to tweak the workstations assuming the printer was local, changing the port to \\servername\printername. Now the problem - while one workstation can access all the printer features within its proprietary control...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 09 02:24 AM
by Heather8001[_5_] Go to last post
10 562
Shared Fax server unavailable by Marcus
I have Vista Business on a new machine. I am able to Install the Shared Fax from my netowrk search of printers. But, I am unable to access the SharedFax accounts or use the Shared Fax Wizard present on my XP machines, or on my Windows 2000 machines. The server is a Windows Small Business Edition 2000. When the Windows Fax and Scan program appears, it says the Fax accounts are unavailable....
August 14th 07 08:36 AM
by DAar Go to last post
9 263
Standard user cannot print in Vista by Margo[_2_]
Hi, We have installed vista, with a standard printer connected via the USB port 1. the administrator can print, the guest user can print, but the standard user cannot print, although the printer is shown as default printer in the configuration screen for printers. What can be the reason? Tx, Margo
August 1st 08 05:02 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 352
caoon 4200 printer for default by marian
When I added a new printer that is an all in one, it grabs the photos that I want printed in my canon photo printer, How do I make the canon the default printer. It works in pictures but not in my picasa program. Hope you can help. Thanks
April 2nd 08 11:02 PM
by marian Go to last post
0 190
Tiny print by Marian Hill
I have an HP photosmart c4240 printer and Windows Vista and no matter what I print the words are extremely small. I've tried direct chat with HP and they gave me a link to go to but it turned out to be info only not directions to change whatever settings were involved to fix the problem. So fortunately I've found your community hoping for a solution. I've heard that Vista has it's problems...
November 8th 07 10:44 PM
by Marian Hill Go to last post
5 6
HP DESKJET 710C by Maribox
Printer HP 710c doesn't work under windows vista 64 and windows 7 64. Does anyone have a solution? I did everything HP's website says to do and it didn't work.
November 15th 09 10:14 PM
by RichardM Go to last post
7 601
HP DESKJET 710C by Maribox
Printer HP 710c doesn't work under windows vista 64 and windows 7 64. Does anyone have a solution? I did everything HP's website says to do and it didn't work.
September 21st 09 08:30 PM
by Maribox Go to last post
0 259
Printer problem... by Marilyn
I want to set up windows mail. I have a message that says "UIDLL." It blocks me from printing. How do I fix it?
June 19th 08 06:03 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 373
Does your Vista FREEZE and not let you right click? and have to re by Mario
Hi, I purchase a new comp with preloaded Vista home premium but now and again, more now...as i am working i cannot right click on a page or documents or even open a file?? my friend says he has the same problem when he got Vista.. Is this a general problem or am i missing some thing as have to re-start each time and is frustrating and thinking of going back to XP... Please help.....
September 16th 07 01:01 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 193
Help to delete a document in print queue by Mario
Hi, I have a HP psc 2200 all in one printer and have tried to delete a document in the print queue and will not delete and will not allow me to print anything until this has been deleted? I have tried to delete printer but will not delete? I am running Vista home premium Any ideas would be great
January 22nd 14 08:47 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 1,774
Printer Problem - Panasonic KX P7100 by Mark
I take the point that we are reliant on manufacturers to improve the drivers and iron out any incompatabilities with Vista. However, I am mystified how, when I plugged my Panasonic in for the first time, Vista recognised it, asked for the CD it came with, installed the drivers and I successfully printed from it. And then, the next day (having installed Office 2003, which may or may not be...
September 25th 09 03:03 PM
by tdcbob Go to last post
7 453
Can't print to networked HP Photosmart 7700 by Mark
Hello all. After many, many hours, I have finally setup my Vista to be networked with my XP and 98SE via my netgear router. I use a HP photoshop 7700 printer on the network. I can see the printer by going to Add printer - network printer - Dell (my XP desktop) - HP but when I try and connect to it, it says it can't find the right printer monitor. I have heard I can use a deskjet 5600...
June 25th 07 03:22 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 197
Lexmark z615 by Mark
Even with the most recent Windows Vista print driver downloaded from Lexmark website my Lexmark Z615 printer will not print more than the first 2 paper pages of any pdf. It then seems to feel it has completed the print job. Any ideas?
April 11th 08 11:40 PM
by kateyg Go to last post
2 235
HP Photosmart 7180 by Mark
Hello. I purchased a laptop with Vista on it for my son. We loaded the Vista driver for the printer. It works fine right away, but then goes off line. I'm unable to bring the print driver back on line and the only way I've been able to get around it is to delete the offline driver and reinstall the printer. Why is this going on and how do you bring the printer on the pc back on line. I...
November 4th 07 02:36 PM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
3 337
Code is displayed / printed when previewing / printing a web page. by Mark
Hi, Code is displayed / printed when previewing / printing a web page. I am trying to resolve a problem on ie7 - Vista Home Premium, Version 6 (build 6000) when print previewing a normal web page e.g. Google, all I see is code. Using a web email package (Noteworthy) print preview displays a blank page instead of text. (with just a line for the htm file location at the bottom of the page)
November 21st 08 03:18 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 239
Network Printer Problems by Mark
I recently purchased an HP F380 all-in-one printer. It connects to the network through a print server. Everything works fine from the XP Laptop and XP desktop, but both of the Vista laptops cannot print correctly. In both cases the print gets 90% done then stops until eventually an error message is displayed in the print queue. I have downloaded the latest driver from HP but this makes no...
November 19th 07 10:43 PM
by Arjen Meijer Go to last post
4 344
How do I install a scanner driver for a printer? by Mark
Hi Everyone, I've got an HP Laserjet 1220 with the scanner attachment. It installs fine in Vista Enterprise RTM as a printer, but not as a scanner. However, I noticed that there is also a Vista scanner driver for the 1220 that includes both the printer and scanner drivers for the 1220. Is there any way that I can force the printer to use the scanner version of the Vista driver when the...
January 26th 07 02:13 PM
by Jerry P Go to last post

From The