Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Improvement to printer management. by AnthonyG
This is the only way I can find of even potentially contacting Microsoft for free (Not using a phone incident to report a bug). Situation:- One print server called Server 1 with a printer attached. One copy of vista. Add the Printer as http://server1:631/printers/usb-printer all is well... Server1 is removed from the network and replaced with Server2
November 26th 07 12:38 PM
by AnthonyG Go to last post
0 501
HP F380 printer drivers won't install!! by [email protected]
I am trying to reinstall the printer and the device manager advises: "The drivers for this de3vice are not installed (Code 28). Windows found driver software for your device but encountered anerror while attempting to install it. The rquired section was not found in the INF." It would be great if someone could advise me what to do to install the printer. Ican be contacted at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 07 11:06 AM
by Confused in UK[_2_] Go to last post
12 979
Faxing in Vista Home Complete by DJT[_2_]
Hi, I have a new computer with Vista Home Complete. There appears to be no Fax program in this Version. I send a Fax probably once a year and can see no reason to purchase a Fax program. Are there any recommended Free fax programs that work on Vista Thanks for any suggestions
November 25th 07 09:46 PM
by Andrew Rinaldi Go to last post
2 571
password protect a file in Vista by Van
I would like to password protect several files in Vista. How do I do this. In XP I could only protect an Excel file or use Axcrypt to protect other document files. Any assistance is appreciated.
November 25th 07 05:46 PM
by Van Go to last post
0 447
Vista Hidden Tips, Tools, Tricks and More for New System!! by Russel Pitt
These Hidden tools will help you get maximum performance Inside Vista, The Best of Vista's New Tools,Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista, Using USB keys to improve Vista performance , Networking Vista, and more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
November 25th 07 04:51 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 469
HP6180 Photsmart by Jocko7
Initially installed on Dell desktop running XP. Subsequently installed on toshiba Laptop Satelliet P100. It worked fine, but every time the USB was plugged in, it reloaded the software, and asked to register. On one occasion the printer couldn't be found, and the printer folder showed no HP device. The next time, the software was back. Recently it disappeared, never to be seen again. I...
November 25th 07 04:51 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 419
Can't faxing more than one page with Windows Fax And Scan by רועי
When faxing more than one page, the first page sent OK but the second page get "stuck". I hear the fax sound keep going and it won't finish sending until I press "Disconnect". The second page failed to be sent. It happens every time I send more then one page. If I send one page it's fine. I tried other fax software like MightyFax and it was successful every time. The problem is in Windows Fax...
November 25th 07 02:49 PM
by Chris Cowles Go to last post
2 436
Need to changee Photo Gallery picture size to inches by Adz
Hi Does anyone know how you change the photo print size from centimeters to inches? Photo Gallery currently displays the print options as 9x13cm when I would like it to be inches ie 4 x 6 etc. This is causing the prints to come out too big form my albums This is driving me mad! Thanks Adam
November 25th 07 11:09 AM
by Adz Go to last post
0 393
Can not print from IE7 in Vista by PA Bear
X-post to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup. Have you installed the new version of HP Director? -- ~PA Bear RonM wrote: PA Bear, That is not the solution to this problem. The proper drivers for my
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 07 04:07 PM
by RonM Go to last post
14 981
Printer disconected when not by sil87
I printed a document and then my HP Deskjet F300 series seemed to have a problem. I restarted it, and now when I try to print again, the "documents on queue" window, says that the printer is disconnected, when actually not. I'm sorry for my English. I speak Spanish. Thanks
November 24th 07 04:00 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 417
Can't Print multiple copies by DeAnn in No. California
When I try to print more than one copy of a flyer with 4 photos on it, the printer is only printing out one. This is only a problem on my Vista laptop. My XP laptop prints them fine. Also, on my Vista laptop, if I only have 2 photos on the flyer it prints more than one copy but as soon as I add the third one, it will only print one copy when I ask it to print 5. This was not a problem a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 07 04:00 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
16 757
B&W Laser Photo Printer Recommendation by SF Bay'er
I am about to buy a new inexpensive (hopefully) B & W laser printer. I need one that will produce good quality B & W photos. Most of the reviews I have looked at don't discuss photo print qualities. Anyone have a recommendation? I am replacing a Brother HL 1440 which only does an OK job with photos. Thanks for any ideas. Tom
November 24th 07 03:47 PM
by SF Bay'er[_2_] Go to last post
1 411
Vista looks for a usb printer driver at start up by ilver belletti
My computer runs Windows Vista 32 bit home edition. I installed a multifunction usb printer Brother dcp 115c on it. The printer runs, but when I start the computer, a warning message is shown telling that it is necessary to install a driver. I close the windows message and the system runs. In the opinion of the Brother support it is necessary to switch a Vista option, can someone help me ?...
November 23rd 07 06:17 PM
by ilver belletti Go to last post
0 419
Printing Remotely by Dan
I am using a laptop with vista and connecting to a server using remote desktop connection. I cannot get the server to recognize, or print, to a usb printer connected to my laptop. I used to be able to remote print to a parrarell printer using xp, but vista is giving me a ton of issues. Any suggestions ? I know all the settings in the remote desktop connection are set correctly, Thanks in...
November 23rd 07 04:41 PM
by Dan Go to last post
0 405
HP J 5740 Cant pull of the fax on vista hp solution center by 72
I sent a fax. I'm sure if it was received or not. When I go into the HP Solution center on my vista home-- the fax log will not come up. What do I do.
November 23rd 07 03:24 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 470
HP Scanning Issues by Pam
I have an Officejet 7210 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. I downloaded the HP software from the website and installed on the computer to manager the components. The printer and copier work fine, directly from the computer's HP Solution Center - however, I cannot scan and keep getting the error HP Cue Scanning Flow no responding. I spent 3 hours online with HP this morning and I'm...
November 23rd 07 12:42 PM
by Ford Ladd Go to last post
7 929
Acrobat reader crashes when trying to print by cindywads
I have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall. I have not been able to print a PDF document with Vista. I do not know what the following means but I am hoping someone else does. I have installed 8.1.1 and continue to get the same problem. Oh, by the way...I keep reporting it but Microsoft doesnt have a solution. Any ideas?? roblem signature Problem Event Name: BEX Application...
November 22nd 07 04:41 AM
by cindywads Go to last post
0 1
printing problem by Rmundo
I have a laptop with windows vista home premium set up on a wireless home network. I also have a windows 98 desktop on the network that i am using as the print server. I have successfully installed my HP Photosmart printer and can print fine when logged into my profile on the laptop. When my wife logs on to her profile, she can not print. The printer is visible and selected as the...
November 22nd 07 03:01 AM
by Rmundo Go to last post
0 402
DEP keeps closing Spooler SubSystem App - can't print by Clarkandsandi
I have a HP LaserJet 1020 printer and DEP on my Windows Vista laptop keeps closing the Spooler SubSystem App, so I can't print. I have tried all the "fixes" on here to no avail. I am trying to find out how to turn DEP OFF. I have tried to get into the boot configuration data to do so, but it won't let me in, even when I click "Run as Administrator". Now what? Anybody have a step-by-step...
November 21st 07 11:41 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 3
can't print from wireless laptop to shared printer by drreid
Hey All, If I add a printer from my xp laptop I can print to the shared lexmark printer on my vista desktop over my wireless network. If I reboot the laptop and try to print, I get an error message saying that I don't have permission to access the printer. If I reboot the laptop I have to delete the printer an add it again to print. And when I add the printer the second time it asks for a...
November 21st 07 10:41 PM
by drreid Go to last post

From The