Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Where did my faxes go? No sent items? by Jerry
I do remember this was an issue when I switched from XP to Vista. I solved it then, but don't remember the solution. Now I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 Standard and the issue is there again. All my received faxes are in My Documents/Fax/Inbox and those that I sent are in My Documents/Fax/SentItems. When I run the Windows Fax and Scan app, I can see all the faxes...
October 25th 09 03:03 PM
by Jerry Go to last post
0 348
HP printer error or busy by Alison
My problem now is trying to install a wireless print server to my laptop. I have a HP3940 which I can use through USB port. However, when I try to print to it through the print server it won't work. I am 99% certain that I have set everything up correctly, I can ping it, it says that it is ready and the IP config page says that it has printed 8 pages successfully, is up and running and is...
June 18th 08 06:04 PM
by Alison Go to last post
0 348
Error message 0x000003e3 by PM
I have a base computer in my network that is attached to a Brother MFC-7420 printer, but now I'm trying to add a laptop to network so that I can share the printer. When I try to add the printer, I have to do it manually by browsing and finding the printer icon in my base computer. When I connect to it, it tells me I must download a driver but when I tell it to download the driver I get an...
February 25th 08 10:44 AM
by Beyer Didier Go to last post
6 348
Print to fax (Vista Home Premium) by Carol
I just purchased an HP all-in-one. The fax portion of the unit appears as a printer option whan I want to print a documant. However, when the fax is selected, sometimes I get the fax info promt and othere times, nothing happens. What causes this and how can I fix it. Has anyone determined how to send/receive faxes throught their computer without having to print a hard copy? I used to...
March 4th 08 04:37 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 348
notepad by elladave
Keep getting "parameters incorrect" when trying to print from note pad. Am running Vista and using Epson C60 with latest driver update
June 27th 08 07:35 AM
by elladave Go to last post
0 348
Problem with Lexmark x2480 scanner by reggepole
I think it is ridiculous to have a thread for each printer in view that the problems appear to be similar or even the same. But what do I have to do? I have two computers connected within a home network through the router. Everything worked fine though one works under Windows XP Home with ZoneAlarm firewall and second works under Windows Vista x64 Home Premium with Windows firewall. Then I tried...
April 12th 09 09:53 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 347
Vista 64 fax drivers by supplysider
I have a setup where we have been using windows server 2003 small business(32bit) as our faxing sollution over the netowrk.. we recently upgraded our clients to vista 64 ultimate edition and our fax driver can't be intalled. the install driver command comes up.. but when it is clicked nothing happens the screen disappears.
July 2nd 09 11:44 PM
by supplysider Go to last post
6 347
Lexmark 4500 series printer solution by Hecman
*-Hi to all new Lemark installations. I just want to share my experience. I purchased a X4560 Wireless Printer, great printer for my needs. There was a sticker on the box that said...."10 minutes to install" which was true if you hook up a usb connector...but I wanted a wireless hook-up....well it took me a phone call to Lexmark Support (overseas..no help), a lot of cussing, trial and error and a...
September 24th 08 02:44 AM
by Hecman Go to last post
0 347
Printing from Vista32 to Vista64 OS maching by Gayle
I have a new Vista64 bit operating system machine with two HP printers installed. I can print from the direct connected machine just fine. However the two networked machines, one is Vista32 bit and the other is Windows XPpro, will not print. They will send the job and you can see the job on the Vista64 machine but it will not print the job. Any ideas?
July 29th 08 07:54 PM
by Extensa Go to last post
2 347
Web Page Prints Out as Computer Code (html) in Internet Explorer 7 by Eva
When I will Show Print and Print from Internet Explorer 7.0, it is all in html. I have tried to reset IE 7.0, but it does not help.
July 11th 08 12:50 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 347
Fax server not storing a copy in its inbox by adityasharma
Hi I am using fax server to route all the faxes from a vista client machine onto a fax. But the fax does not gets stored locally on the server's inbox. It just gets sent to the fax server. Is there anything that I can do in order to get this feature. I am using Windows server 2008 for the fax server. Thanks Aditya Sharma
July 30th 09 01:43 PM
by adityasharma Go to last post
0 347
June 19th 08 01:44 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
1 347
A solution for extremely slow printing in Vista by fpbear
This extremely slow printing in Vista x64 droze me crazy for a year and I found a fix. The Epson R800 creates an audit file called EPAUDF01.AUD in C:\ProgramData\Epson\Printer. Delete this file. After deleting this file, printing is fast. It makes an incredible difference.
June 12th 08 09:54 AM
by brentwherry Go to last post
2 347
HP PhotoSmart 1000 PLUS TWO-SIDED PRINTING with Vista by [email protected]
Hi, I have managed to get my HP Photosmart 1000 printer to work with my new Vista-running PC thanks to help from online users. Using the built-in HP DeskJet 930c/932c/935c Driver did the trick. Unfortunately, this driver does not seem to have the the two-sided- printing option which was available with the Millennium driver for this printer. Does anyone know of a driver which will let me...
April 21st 08 05:51 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 347
Full Screen (Multiple Window) capture in Dual Monitor Mode by kdlunde62
I need to do some screen captures that include ALL open windows on my second monitor in a dual-monitor configuration. Alt-Print Screen only captures the active window and Ctrl-Print Screen (or just Print Screen) captures all windows on BOTH monitors. I know I can just use tools to crop down, but I'm just wondering if there is a key combination or some other 'quick' solution that will...
November 6th 07 01:20 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 347
Error in Vista Windows Fax by Enerplex
I have a new PC which came with Windows Vista pre-loaded and Windows Fax worked fine. After a few weeks I flattened the HDD and reinstalled Vista Business which came with MAPS and now fax does not work - I get an error message under Status of "Retries Exceeded" and under Extended Status "Fatal Error". I have tried removing the Windows Fax & Scan in Printers and reinstalling - but I still get...
June 22nd 08 05:39 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 346
Samsung ML-1210: Haven't seen this problem before by SAM
My wife has a new Compaq Presario F756NR running Vista Home Premium. She has a Samsung ML-1210 laser printer that worked find under XP. I installed the Vista Driver and when the install reached "Do you want to print a test page?" I answered "yes." The printer "awoke" and the data light on the printer began to flash but nothing printed. I tried to print a Word document, the data light on the...
March 31st 08 05:50 PM
by SAM Go to last post
1 346
Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista by Monty Meyer
Help Please Someone! Every time I try and install my HP Photo smart 73500 printer on my PC with Vista Home Basic it shows that it has added my printer but only will print what I tried to print during the last attempt to download the software to the printer. After which it shows "Error" and won't print anymore. I have installed and uninstalled several times and nothing works. All the...
November 10th 07 02:42 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
4 346
adding network printer = error 866 by P.Schuman
you would think this stuff should all just work .... HAH - ok - new Vista laptop in the house, everything else is running XP with an old Win98se server - has large disk + 2 printers - tried Adding Printer - point to same workgroup (which is different than in XP) and can see all the other computers and the Win98se server... Point to the server - then point to HP4P laser and click Next -...
October 21st 07 02:38 AM
by Paul in Montreal Go to last post
7 346
Purchasing a Printer that operates on Vista by SJA
Our system currently runs on Windows XP but we are considering purchasing a printer that runs on Vista. Is the printer compatiable to our Windows XP operating system?
May 1st 07 05:35 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post

From The