Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Wrong estimated time when copying 270GB between drives by Mike
Anyone else noticed this? I copied about 270GB of files from one drive (almost full) to a new 500GB drive. Estimate started at 8 days - which I wasn't surprised at - as usually it starts conservatively and then drops as some data gets transferred. Though as it progressed it grew up to 32 days or so.... even while it was moving at 55MB/sec... and had transferred 50GB or so.
March 17th 07 06:14 AM
by Jack Splat =\(8\) Go to last post
1 170
Creating saved search that lists all categories? by Jason
Is it possible to create a saved search folder that dynamically lists all categories being used in all indexed locations? In other words, I want a top level search called "Categories", and under it I'd like to see a list of all categories. Then I want to click on a category and see all the documents that are using that category. Possible? Jason
March 17th 07 03:07 AM
by Jason Go to last post
0 152
I can't find Outlook Express by Bluesky
After upgrading to Vista, I can no longer get OE to come up at all. It says the item you have requested is no longer available. It might have been removed, renamed...etc. I have looked at the details on the shortcut and cannot find that file, please help.
March 16th 07 09:23 PM
by Dave Go to last post
3 206
No dual pane exploring in Vista? by Per
I must say I am very disapointed that there is no dual pane option in explorer in Vista like freecommander for instance. Especially with the whole widescreen-monitor-for-Vista campaign.
March 16th 07 08:58 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
2 169
Office 2000 by Fred Myers
Is Office 2000 compatible with Vista Home Premium? I keep having trouble when I try to install it.
March 16th 07 08:23 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 166
Offline folders issue. by Stefano
In the server (SBS 2003 R2) I have a folder with several sub-folders and hundreds of files, The entire folder is set to be available offline as they are all the sub-folders and files. The problem is that some of these files are not available when I go offline. What is weird is that in Windows Explorer all the files, including the ones that are not available, are marked with the green round logo...
March 16th 07 04:50 PM
by Jill Zoeller [MSFT] Go to last post
1 177
Multiple File Select and Select All by stockspex
Same stinking problem here with my Vista 32 Home Premium! -- stockspex ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stockspex's Profile: http://www.vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=1786 View this thread: http://www.vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10091
March 16th 07 03:11 PM
by Aleksey Tchekmarev Go to last post
2 152
Searching files by Ming
In Windows XP Pro, when I click on search, it allow me to search for file name & content of the file. e.g, if I want to find the files which named "ABC123.doc", with the content inside contain of the word "testing", but if I have 50 files with the name of "ABC001.doc", "ABC002.doc", "ABC003.doc" & so on, I can type "ABC" in file name, & "testing" in content, it will prompt out that...
March 16th 07 01:54 PM
by Ken Go to last post
7 142
How to label files by color in Explorer.... by Jeff Ingram
Hello, I was wondering if Vista will allow one to label files (file icons, whatever) with a different color in the same way that the Apple Macintosh does. I had searched for a way to do this in XP (never found a way) but was curious if they had added this functionality in Vista. I'd like to be able to do this so that I could mark which (large) files I've backed up to DVD and which ones I...
March 16th 07 08:39 AM
by Steve Thackery Go to last post
2 228
MS Office and Adobe Icons Missing in Explorer Windows by RAR
The Word, Excel, PPT, etc. icons that usually help identify files in Explorer windows are missing. The icons for system programs, music, html, pictures, etc are all present. I also lost the icons and the links broke for the same programs in the start menu. I have recreated shortcuts in the start menu but I can not get the icons in the file views to return. I have already deleted and...
March 16th 07 01:00 AM
by RAR Go to last post
0 143
Data displayed in Explorer by Puppy Breath
Same as before. Click the Views button and choose Details. Make sure that "Remember each folder's view settings" is selected (checked) on the View tab in Folder Options. (Click the Organize button and choose Folder and Search Options). "Michael R. Rojik" wrote in message ... I would like Explorer to display data...
March 15th 07 06:59 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
2 140
Where can i find the clipboard in vista? by Kidd
Hi, I'm able to access clipboard in Windows XP(clipboard.exe), but i'm not able to access clipboard in Windows Vista. Can anyone help, me to sort this out?
March 15th 07 03:53 PM
by JerryM \(ID\) Go to last post
9 155
Windows Vista Photo Gallery & Media Centre by jotaking
Just bought Vista Ultimate, quite impressed, however somewhat confused, spent most of the evening organising my 100's of pictures in photo gallery, inseting tags and ratings etc.. also deleted all tags that weren't used and were irelevant. Very easy to use and got things organised quickly. However after all the organising I then opened media centre to look at slide shows of my pictures and...
March 15th 07 03:39 PM
by Randy S Go to last post
1 125
Managing the Font folder in Vista with Suitcase by Synapse Syndrome
The Vista font folder does not seem to allow you to easily display columns like Date Modified or Attributes. This making it hard for me to know which fonts have just been added by installing some program. I want to remove those fonts and put them in its own folder set in Extensis Suitcase. I have far too many fonts to let them all be in the Fonts folder. But the big problem is that I...
March 15th 07 06:23 AM
by Synapse Syndrome Go to last post
5 184
wordperfect 10 by chazz
i just transfered wordperfect 10 document to vista word, on my new pc, and everything looks like it's in code. Is there anybody out there that can help me thanks.
March 15th 07 06:00 AM
by chazz Go to last post
2 150
Toggling Panes in Explorer by Arthur Dent
Anyone know if there is an easier way to toggle on the additional panes in Explorer, specifically the NavigationPane, instead of going to Organize Layout Navigation Pane? In XP, you could toggle the "Folders" pane on with the click of one button after customizing the toolbar once.
March 14th 07 10:55 PM
by Arthur Dent Go to last post
0 173
"dir" shows different results in cmd vs. 4NT by Keith S.
I'm sure there's some simple explanation for this, but I'm currently stumped. If I open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and type "dir c:\windows\system32" in my Vista Ultimate x64 install, it shows that I have roughly 2300 files there. However, if I open a 4NT window (an alternate command shell by JPSoft Inc.) -- whether it's as myself or when choosing "Run as administrator" -- and type the same...
March 14th 07 07:51 PM
by Jesper Go to last post
9 208
Robocopy broken? by Daniel Erkan
I'd like to use robocopy for some automated file copying. Everything it is supposed to do, is copy my users folder using /MIR. However, everytime it goes crazy with the hidden, localized AppData shortcut folders and goes in a loop, creating infinte of these folders, creating a structure like /appdata/appdata/appdata/appdata/appdata and so on.... until it gets kicked by the filesystem. I could...
March 14th 07 07:16 AM
by Michal Kawecki Go to last post
6 180
Vista - Windows explorer icons corrupted by Trevor Heywood
I've been using Vista Ultimate RTM since release, but all of a sudden the Small Icons in explorer for folders have been corrupted - they show the icon normally associated with 'Computer'. If I change the view to Medium, Large or Extra Large icons or Tiles, these are shown with the default placeholder icon (the one used for a file that has no program association). I have rebooted the PC but...
March 13th 07 10:58 PM
by Trevor Heywood Go to last post
2 186
Uninstalling Program Listing by wk
How do I uninstall a program from the uninstall/change list after windows says the program can't be found? wk
March 13th 07 06:15 PM
by Keith Go to last post

From The