Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
BioShock sound on Vista by Алексей Зарубин
I have Bioshock, in game he have bad sound (sorry i bad speak english), in movies sound is good. Help me please!! System Pentium 1.6 hHz 1024 gBytes RAM Radeon x1550 AGP 256 mBytes sound: C-Media CMI8738
March 14th 08 04:20 PM
by Алексей Зарубин Go to last post
0 303
Games choppy after Vista patches by Fandango
After downloading and installing the 3 patches that was released on 12/3 I've noticed that my games have become very laggy. I've tried scanning for viruses and such but nothing was found. Anyone else experienced this?
March 14th 08 02:27 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 322
Games run choppy by Jack_Kevlar
I just upgraded a few computer parts lately as well as my version of Windows. I used to have: Vista Business 32 bit edition asus A8R-MVP motherboard AMD Athlon 3700 processor ATI Radeon 1900 Graphics Card 2 GB DDR RAM I Upgraded to Vista Business 64 bit edition, an ASUS M2N-VM DVI motherboard, a AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 6000+ and 4 GB OCZ DDR2 RAM.
March 14th 08 12:45 AM
by Mike M.[_2_] Go to last post
2 282
help by The5thBeatle
I recently purchased a new game: test drive unlimited. my computer is way over all the minimum requirements except for video ram. system specs: toshiba a215 s4747 AMD turion 64 x2 ati radeon x1200 graphics card 128mb video ram, 256mb needed for test drive windows vista home premium 1GB RAM, 4GB virtual RAM nothing in the bios about changing size of RAM, no bios update available
March 13th 08 10:44 PM
by The5thBeatle Go to last post
5 388
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 by Simplicity
I have tried installing RCT3 several times, however, I cannot get it to run correctly. If I put too much into a park, it slows down. When the game goes into night mode, everything slows way down. It seems to be a memory problem, but I have 1 Gb of SDRAM. So what's the problem? I really miss playing.
March 13th 08 04:37 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 421
Uru complete chronicles by phypps
I bought the boxed set expecting to find 3 disks - Uru, to D'ni, and path of the shell To D'ni was missing. No problem, maybe its on the path of the shell disk. Installed Uru then Path of the Shell Still no to D'ni. Official download link no longer valid. Finally managed to download from GamersHell Installed To D'ni which promptly uninstalled Uru and altered the Path of the
March 13th 08 02:33 PM
by phypps Go to last post
0 302
Enemy Territory Quake wars by Richard
Enemy Territory Quake wars, So far I have found this game to really suck so does anyone know how to put this game in GOD mode?
March 12th 08 06:02 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
4 360
Sometimes Microsoft Mail will not display "send button" on some emails by Charles[_6_]
Using Vista home edition on Accer 5315-2153 Lap Top with 2GB memory. Using Norton Symantec End Point protection AV SW. This 2nd laptop was purchased from WallMart Nov 07 as special deal during the holidays. It works great except for that problem. ISP is Verizon and used in wireless and LAN modes. PROBLEM: Sometimes when attempting to send out an email, the "SEND" field disappear and message...
March 12th 08 05:28 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 308
frontlines fuel of war by jhon
every time when i start the game it just stops and an icon pops up and says windows will close the program, what can i do?
March 11th 08 09:49 PM
by RonSS Go to last post
2 331
America's Amry installation. by Eric
Whenever I attempt to install the full version of America's Army 2.8.3 I am informed that that the ISKernel failed to install and that I should make sure i have authorization on this machine. I am already set as the computer administrator. Any suggestions?
March 11th 08 05:24 PM
by VRG Scotty Go to last post
7 311
installing games by travisimo16
i am trying to install a new game (on vista) i got called frontlines fuel of war and every time i put in the installation disc a window pops up and says "application cannot be found" i have no idea whats wrong so can someone please help.
March 11th 08 03:22 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 310
Moving Links From Games Explorer by niagara94
Hi - Is there a way to copy all of the games links from the Games Explorer and move them to a different folder on the desktop? I tried to select all then copy and past but when I went to paste, the paste option wasn't available. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go folder by folder through the Games folder on the hard drive to send all of the links to the desktop. ...
March 11th 08 01:46 PM
by niagara94 Go to last post
3 301
Spider by gcowansr
Can anyone tell me why when I save a game and come back to it later my statistics credit me with losses? Sometimes it will credit me with as many as 3 losses.
March 11th 08 11:18 AM
by gcowansr Go to last post
0 294
Need Help by LarryM
I can not get Neverwinter Nights 2 to install from DVD. I formated my hard drive now it will not install I have played it on this computer and with Vista Any help Thanks LarryM
March 10th 08 06:32 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
5 319
saving games by pccook
I am new to the vistas program and have seen that there is a file to save game progress. One example is the game Settlers rise of an empire. When I save the game it saves it in my Documents file. When I try to move this to My saved games file the game does not recognize any saved games. Any Ideas how I can keep my saved games in saved games folder that I can keep my Documents file cleaned up?
March 10th 08 03:50 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 269
Sims 2 and Civ IV graphic problems on Vista by Lol
These both run (albeit slowly) on my very basic 2 year old Dell XP machine. Have installed them on my sons brand new laptop - which far exceeds the recommended spec for both games - even taking into account Vista's hungry appitite - and they don't run well: Sims 2 has a pink flashing background in the neighbourhood view - which is what it did on my very old, under spec, Windows 98...
March 10th 08 03:05 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
6 322
Black Border Around All My Games, HELP! by Kurei Nori
Whenever I try playing my older games(Starcraft), The game screen is very small and the rest of my moniter is filled in with a black border! Please, can anyone help?
March 10th 08 02:59 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 379
Guild Wars by Someone Else
Does anyone know of any problems with vista and Guild Wars?
March 10th 08 02:56 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 287
Installing Starcraft and vista problems by Peter
I am trying to install starcraft on my new computer which is more than what the game requires and I keep getting the same "ERROR" message "No program start menu found." I don't know what to do to get it installed.
March 10th 08 02:01 PM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie Go to last post
1 356
problem downloading games by sherry
Hi, I have a new computer and new to windows vista, I can search the web no problem but it will not let me download any games or videos. when I click Allow the download for the security after the download it will just dissapear, won't let anything download. Is there a secret I don't know or do I need software to allow me to download games. -- Thank you for your help, sherry
March 10th 08 01:05 PM
by Gamesraider Go to last post

From The