Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Ultimate game emulators by Archivist
Which emulators work well with Vista? Nintendo ones, etc?
April 21st 08 12:58 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
7 469
Invisible Cursor and Vista by [email protected]
Invisible Cursor Problem: The cursor is invisible in a number of applications; Media Center, Supreme Commander, and Vangard running on Vista. The cursor is there because I am able to highlight buttons. Setup: Motherboard :eVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68 (Bios: P25) Memory: 2GB - CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400C4 (Not OC, AUTO
April 20th 08 04:39 PM
by Kismitluna Go to last post
5 328
Unable to download game onto Vista...help! by Curly_in_WI
I can't seem to get a game that I have on disc to download onto my PC. The game was designed to work on Windows 98 through XP. This game does work because it was on my old computer, which ran XP. My current PC can read the files and show them to me, but won't do anything w/them. I've tried using the Compatabilty Wizard and running the setup file as an administrator, but nothing seems to...
April 19th 08 05:04 AM
by Curly_in_WI Go to last post
4 398
Games missing from game explorer after moving folder by Defmetal
I am moving a lot of my games out of the Program Files folder into C:\Games so that UAC doesn't ask permission to play most of my games anymore. The problem is that, after I move the game folder, even though the game plays perfectly, it disappears from the Game Explorer and I can't seem to get it added back. The specific game i'm trying with is Lord of the Rings Online. (I moved World of...
April 18th 08 06:30 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
9 463
Battlefield 1942 by Firedog552
Just got Vista (32). Battlefield 1942 expansion installed fine. runs for a second or 2 then crashes. Tried to reinstal, same thing. Came up with ( game failed, game closing) ? Ant idea?. -- Firedog
April 18th 08 01:18 AM
by Firedog552 Go to last post
9 443
Game Crashes (Battlefield1942) again by Firedog552
Have Seanix PC Vista Home Premium, 2.2 Gig Intel Core 2 Duo, 440 gig Hardrive, 2048 secondary mem cache, Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS. All updates as of today. Problem is that the game runs for about 15 to 30 min. then crashes and computer restarts, sumtimes to desktop, and other times to restart, never the same each time. All the ERROR says is (BF1942.exe has stopped working. A problem causes the...
April 18th 08 12:57 AM
by Firedog552 Go to last post
0 324
Halo 2 - installation activation ok, Live says 'invalid key' - ??? by mcp33pants
Game just arrived in the mail yesterday - I've installed it twice now, and reinstalled Live separately as well - type in my key during installation, says the verification server verifies it. Launch the game, try to log into my Live account (WestsideSxE) and they tell me my key is invalid. What the hell? I deleted the local install of my Xbox Live profile and redownloaded it (that was fun,...
April 17th 08 07:51 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
3 352
F/s Nokia N95 8gb........400usd by dj001
We deals in all kIinds of Laptop and mobile phones such as Acer Ferrari,Sony Vaio,Toshiba,Ibm,Dell,Assus etc,they are all brand comes with complete accessories,packaged in original box,working in good condition also with 90 days return policy. Nokia Aeon...600usd Nokia N95 @300usd Nokia N95 8GB @400usd Nokia N93i@210usd Nokia E90 Communicator @400usd
April 17th 08 07:37 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 341
xlive.dll help by tsp2u61
I uninstalled microsoft live since I just play halo2 by myself. Now, when I try to play halo2, it says xlive.dll is missing. I don't want to re-install halo2 and have to start over the whole game. Can someone help me?
April 17th 08 07:32 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 369
could download game demos from the internet now can not by KillerRIP
I used to be able to download those 60 minute game demo's and now I can not I can not even download my IMVU, everything starts out right but then nothing happens after.... I hope this is a little bit more information...... I do have windows vista is that part of the problem? If not help..
April 17th 08 11:45 AM
by Olórin[_2_] Go to last post
2 357
Civilization III by Colin Barnhorst
Civilization III Complete installs fine on both Vista x86 and x64. However when I run the game I get a game error no. 28, Font not Found, and the game exits. I cannot find anything on the Civ forums about this. Anybody hear anything about this? I don't imagine that this is a Vista issue, per se.
April 16th 08 11:53 PM
by Shane Go to last post
5 356
could download internet game demos now I can not. Please Help by KillerRIP
I used to be able to download those internet game demos and now I can not, I have window's vista is that the problem? If not please help...
April 16th 08 03:39 PM
by MGBassace Go to last post
1 342
Friends List for games explorer? by fieseler
could a 'friends' system be included into the vista games explorer? So i could see what games, servers etc my mates r playing on as well as a chat system?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...
April 15th 08 05:44 PM
by Sinistar Go to last post
4 389
Problems w/M.O.H. Pac.Ass. D.Ed. by Lawrence W
Soon after starting gameGame colour goes to two to four shades and takes to definite shapes.such as triangles. At this point game freezes and none of the keys work.What is wrong?
April 15th 08 03:43 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 338
stressing me out! by Grant[_4_]
hi there i have recently installed vista 64bit version onto my pc these are my pc specs: Manufacturer: NVIDIA Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 2046MB RAM Hard Drive: 660 GB Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO Monitor: SyncMaster 226BW(Digital) Sound Card: Speakers (NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio)
April 15th 08 03:39 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
3 444
Compatibility Issues With Call Of Duty @ by Ross28[_2_]
Dear vista heads i am having a problem running the game call of duty 2 on windows vista premium my OS version because i am getting an error that reads and i quote "DirectX(R) encountered an unrecoverable error".Is there anything at all you can do to solve it or even get around around for the game to run i would really appreciate it if you all can get back to me ass soon as possible thank...
April 15th 08 03:35 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
5 418
Getting a new PC by Tom
and I was thinking about just going ahead and getting a high system, but in the 64bit flavor. My question is, can a 64bit system run 32bit games. I know some games are already out that run 64bit, but there are many more 32bit games that I am interested in right now. Is it possible?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 14th 08 06:54 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
24 1,027
Battlefield 2 Special Forces by Hugh Jass
I installed Battlefield 2 Special Forces, and first found out I needed the upgrade before it would run on Vista RTM. Now, I can play regular BF2 quite nicely, but BF2 Special Forces is so choppy, that game play is impossible. I have a 3.0ghz CPU, 2 gigs or ram, and a BFG Geforce 6800GTOC video card. Now this should more than handle the game play, but BF2 Special forces is literally...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 14th 08 06:39 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
12 710
Error message while playing Diablo 2 by Zack Kelly
Often when I play Diablo 2 on my laptop (which meets system requirements) when there is a lot going on on screen, the game freezes. Then when I hit the windows key, there is usually a message that says " unhandled exeption 000000008" and there are also messages such as, some items in the start menu aren't working, or the display driver has failed and has been successfully restored. Any...
April 14th 08 06:33 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 309
Sims 1 and 2 can not work home vista by Marky.[_2_]
Please can someone help my daughter. We can not play either Sims 1 or 2 on our new Dell PC with Home Vista.
April 14th 08 06:26 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post

From The