Sidewinder Strategic Commander problems

Old March 20th 09, 10:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mrmanic

Default Sidewinder Strategic Commander problems

Hi again,

has really noone a solution for this problem?:

mrmanic;913910 Wrote:
Hi folks,

well...i use the MSC for egoshooters like BF2 and BF2142. (Don't
wonder...crazy germans...)

it works very fine under windows XP, but now under vista ultimate x64 i
have problems. i use this awsome software (thanx btw.) in the last
version 1.3, but it will sometimes work under BF2, sometimes not. this
means that the controller is found by the software and i can configure
everything, but when i start the game i have no ingame function. when it
works, everything is fine like under xp. a possible problem is maybe a
conflict, when i join a game over the xfire function. i'm testting on
it.

the bigger problem is that it doesn't works under BF2142!:cry:

any ideas???

marc

p.s.: great forum here!

--
mrmanic
Old March 21st 09, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hank J.[_2_]

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:40:40 -0500, mrmanic
wrote:

Hi again,

has really noone a solution for this problem?:

Check back in another three months.

Old April 27th 09, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bandare

mrmanic;997372 Wrote:
Hi again,

has really noone a solution for this problem?:

Ok, I have a solution for getting it to work in Vista Home Premium
64bit (including the lights!)

- I plugged in the device and it said installed but didn't do
anything
- when I checked the device manager I had one device not recognised.
I right clicked and selected update drivers
- then selected look on internet for recommended driver.
- Weirdly, it found a driver and installed it. the driver is *ATK0110
ACPI Utility* that was installed and it now shows in the System
Devices.
- I then installed the bodyprint software
http://www.bodyphatt.com/cold-incisi...cSetupv1.3.exe
- Worked and installed like a charm
All the lights work too

--
Bandare
Old May 27th 09, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andersenman.ini

when looking for the devices you will want to go for the ones that read
VID_045E&PID_0033
in the details.
Old July 17th 09, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vtowers

Has anyone still got the app to upload again as the link is dead sadly

Thanks a lot

--
vtowers
Old August 18th 09, 03:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
banjoe669

I seem to be having the same problem others are having. I got this
wonderfull software for my strategic commander working on vista 64, but
it does not work when I play World of Warcraft. Any ideas? This seems
to be a common problem with 3rd person type games.

--
banjoe669
Old August 18th 09, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
banjoe669

OK, I fixed my own problem. It is built right into the software. You
just have to press start engine to make it work! Thanks again for great
software!!

--
banjoe669
Old August 30th 09, 12:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
noahsam

banjoe669;1538526 Wrote:
OK, I fixed my own problem. It is built right into the software. You
just have to press start engine to make it work! Thanks again for
great
software!!

--
banjoe669

Hi everyone - Sadly I'm still having issues with getting the Commander
inputs to register inside of my game app. I'm playing Champions Online
on Windows 7 64-bit (RC v. 7100)... the Strategic Engine App loads and
registers the device, and I can execute the key commands into native
apps like wordpad, but it is not registering within the game.

I don't have any particular drivers installed for the device, but I
can't quite tell if they are needed... any suggestions?

And a super shout out to Philip for setting this up; so glad to have
found others who still think the Commander is still the best gaming
device out there!

--
noahsam

Old September 3rd 09, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LtComDATA

Hello!
Is it be possible to use the "+" and "-" buttons on the strategic
commander as "7" and "8"?

Would be very usefull in Warcraft3, Company of Heroes and other
Strategy games

'[image:
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5521/sidewinderstrategiccomm.th.jpg]'
(http://img512.imageshack.us/i/sidewi...tegiccomm.jpg/)

#edit#:
Imageshack = Buggyshack

direct link
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5...ategiccomm.jpg

--
LtComDATA
Old September 30th 09, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
wildlaurel

where did you get this software.. can you send me the link for the software..

by the way does anyone have the drivers/software for SC for win xp 32bit..
care to share?