Sidewinder Strategic Commander problems

Old October 20th 07, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kryten.[_2_]

Default Sidewinder Strategic Commander problems

Lucas;468885 Wrote:
Help me... =\ I tried to do all the steps, but it didn't work here.
Windows Ultimate X64, I disabled the UAC, did al the steps, but in the
Device Manager, I couldn't find the driver for Strategic Commander,
only for
other stuff.
"Select the device driver that you wish to install for this hardwa"
"USB Human Interface Device" and if I uncheck the box: "Show compatible
driver"
A lot of another drivers will appear, but not Strategic Commander.
In my Device Manager, I found
+Humand Interface Device
|_4: Humand Interface Device USB
|_3: HID-compliant consumer control device
|_2: HID-compliant device
Any help ??

This is all i can get too,and i've tried all three suggestions to the
letter(been at it all afternoon) i don't understand why mine wont work
and others do?

--
Kryten.
Old October 20th 07, 07:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kryten.[_3_]

Has anyone got a SC running on 64 bit vista? if so please help i'm dying
to play games but cant get the damn thing to work.

--
Kryten.
Old November 1st 07, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
LastSon

Where all the people who got the SC to work on their Vista running the
32bit version? If so, I'm either going to downgrade to Vista 32bit, or
upgrade to Windows XP. The small advantages that Vista provides are
SIGNIFICANTLY outweighed by the SC advatages.

--
LastSon
Old November 4th 07, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kryten.[_4_]

I'm going to get another sata drive and install 32 bit xp on it and use
that for SC games and i'll use the other drive with vista for my other
PC needs.It's the only way i can see to keep using my SC.

--
Kryten.
Old December 8th 07, 12:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Flinty

hmm.. really handy listing, thanks, however I hit upon a snag when following
the instructions.

When I install the driver it seems to install fine and doesn't ask about
exiting the install. Then when I go to the device manager I get the HID
devices listed but when I try to install new drivers the Strategic Commander
drivers don't come up as an option for either of the HID selections.

If i try to start up the software after installing the driver it comes up
with the following error:

"Critical system files are missing or corrupted"

and stops the thing from running.

Does your method only work on the 32 bit version of Vista? I am running the
64 bit version. Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

regards, Graeme
Old January 14th 08, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ladislao

Dear Turbotoes:

When I receive my new PC, if I have any issues will you be able to
still help me if something doesn't work? Thank you in advance for future
help...

Ladislao...

--
Ladislao
Old March 27th 08, 12:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
derek_bartram

*The drivers will definatly NOT work on any 64bit operating system*

Two reasons;

- The inf files do not referance 64bit platforms; easily fixed,
google around I posted the fix for that
- The driver binaries do not run under 64bit platforms; virtually
impossible to fix without source code

--
derek_bartram
Old March 27th 08, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BODYPRINT

*I'm NOT using the drivers !!*

I'm creating my own engine by reading the HID direct.
I already have it working on my system. In fact I'll put up a little
demonstration of it's potential probably within 24 hours.

Trust me, this *WILL* work.

--
BODYPRINT
Old March 27th 08, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
derek_bartram[_2_]

BODYPRINT;663588 Wrote:
*I'm NOT using the drivers !!*

I'm creating my own engine by reading the HID direct.
I already have it working on my system. In fact I'll put up a little
demonstration of it's potential probably within 24 hours.

Trust me, this *WILL* work.

I applogies, i'm not sure what happened there. When I clicked 'reply'
to the alert email that someone had posted a reply, the last message I
said was someone asking about people getting the drivers working on x64
systems.

I look forward to seeing your drivers (I really hope they work). I'm a
c# .NET developer so if you need a configuration utility written let me
knowthe interface specification ).

--
derek_bartram
Old March 29th 08, 04:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BODYPRINT[_2_]

OK, here is a little test version of the engine to see if it's detecting
everyones controllers and to test that I have done the setup correctly

I think it will work on all versions of windows.

Currently all it does is assigns the X and Y axis to WASD keys and the
6 top buttons to the numbers the 1 to 6 keys above the letters (not the
numberpad keys).

I know it's a bit ugly at the moment. The next stage should make it all
better.

Please let me know if there are any problems/requests.

Thanks, Phil.

|Filename: setup.zip |
|Download: http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3250|

BODYPRINT