Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Need Help by Neto25
I cannot open my live mail because it says that a virus scanner program its not allowing it to open.
March 1st 10 04:56 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 321
can't send or receive emails- by sma[_2_]
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Subject 'testing', Account: 'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '250 OK', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 250, Error Number: 0x800CCC7D What can I...
March 1st 10 04:39 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
2 332
can't receive e-mail help by francisco
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
March 1st 10 04:37 AM
by Gary VanderMolen [MVP] Go to last post
1 281
Forgotten email password by Jamie Norton
I am trying to add a new laptop to my Outlook Express mail account that is on my old computer. I got everything in OK, except the password and I can't find it written down anywhere. How can I retrieve my password ?
March 1st 10 04:22 AM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
2 337
Deleted Messages can't be deleted from "Deleted Items" by CVMax
When I try to empty the Deleted Items folder I get an "unknown error has occurred" message. In short, I can't delete items in the Deleted Items folder. When I right-click and chose "empty folder" it deleted one item in the folder but not all. Junk folder works fine. If I select items in the Deleted Items folder and click delete the same error message pops up. Any idea how to fix this?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 1st 10 03:54 AM
by mkxlin Go to last post
93 2,039
i want send these messages absolutly by jacques
Send all my messages, thanks
March 1st 10 03:45 AM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
2 348
email account by tonya kelley
I am having trouble setting this account up. I just don't understand anything about POP3 or POP1 servers. Can you please help
February 28th 10 10:52 PM
by slk759 Go to last post
1 372
Help with opening e mail account by john
Please Help! I am unable to open an e mail account on my new, unused microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail - Windows Mail. I have gone through the open new account many times and I just don't know what little thing or big thing I'm getting wrong. Please Help Me!
February 28th 10 09:32 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 262
deleting emails by jean
My red "X" has disappeared and I am not able to delete emails. Help!
February 28th 10 09:10 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 244
No recieve e-mails by Valérie Julia
I can send e-mail but I cannot recieve e-mails. A window ask me my user name and password. I don't know why? Serveur : 'pop.orange.fr', Protocole : POP3, Réponse du serveur : '-ERR Invalid login/password pair', Port : 110, Sécurisé (SSL) : Non, Erreur de serveur : 0x800CCC90, Numéro d'erreur : 0x800CCC92 I have BitDefender since 1 week. No problem until yesterday. Please help!
February 28th 10 07:00 PM
by Luc Go to last post
1 239
Not receiving e-mails by Dave
I keep getting the following e-mails even though my e-mail box is just about empty. I have also deleted all my sent and deleted e-mails; A message was sent to you that was returned to the sender(bounced) because it would have caused your mailbox quota to be exceeded. The following is the reason that the message was over quota: Quota Type: bytes in the mailbox Quota Available: 5974
February 28th 10 02:41 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 285
The Connection to the server has failed... by Jessica
I just tried to set up windows mail on my laptop to open my school mail account, following the directions on the schools website. However, when I tried to open my mail in windows mail I recieved an error message that said that 'the connection to the server has failed. Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 28th 10 05:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
39 1,009
Can Recieve mail but can not send by Joe P[_2_]
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was...
February 28th 10 02:52 AM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 287
question mark by question mark
Each time I open email or type a document the question mark key gives É. I have tried to change it to the English default but cannot. How to do it? I can press shift and alt to change it but do not want to do each time. M
February 28th 10 02:19 AM
by silvrgrl2029 Go to last post
1 230
my accents over e's has returned! by LauraR
Hi, I had a problem when I typed question marks or apostrophes that it typed out as the french e's with the accents over them. I had some help from Patrick, it worked, now it isn't again. I repeated the process, no luck. Any other ideas or where they can fix it for me? Thanx
February 28th 10 02:18 AM
by silvrgrl2029 Go to last post
2 275
Learning Windows Vista by Pedro Vargas
I'm learning to use windows vista and this is my first Newsgroup posting
February 28th 10 01:55 AM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
5 268
Windows Mail will not open by Cymru
W. Mail sends this message - "This application has requested the run time to terminate in an unusual way. - Please contact the application support team for more information." I have tried everything even going through the laborious Help procedures offered
February 28th 10 01:51 AM
by Sam Hobbs[_2_] Go to last post
4 272
Auto Reply Message to Senders by Bill Brandamore
How do I disable an Auto Reply Message that is beng sent to my senders which says "Please leave a message?" Thanks for anyone's help.
February 27th 10 08:38 PM
by Bruce Hagen[_2_] Go to last post
1 272
WinMail COmpact lost several folders? by intbt
I permitted windows Mail (Vista) to compact and when I restarted the pc all of the folders were in recovered files except for 6 or so folders which are gone. How do Iget these folders back? As a point, windows also downloaded some upgrades last night and installed them and restarted the pc as well, could that have been the problem?
February 27th 10 06:04 PM
by Alex M Jensen Go to last post
1 281
I am not able to send outgoing messages by Shelby
I am recieving this message when i try to send an email: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your...
February 27th 10 12:57 PM
by slk759 Go to last post

From The