Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Using Yahoo for Windows mail ? by Hilltop Cycle ATV
How do I setup a Yahoo mail account for Windows mail ? I don't know what to type in when I get to the pop3 server page and incoming server . What do I have to type in ? Thanks, Raz
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 08 08:27 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
12 618
Does anyone know the answer???????????? by Cowgirl
I don't use this new Windows Mail much, however it's the only program I have with my new Vista computer that will download messages in newsgroups. I went to a newsgroup that has mp3s posted in multiple files. I selected all the files, joined them but then nothing happens. It looks like it's joining then when it's done, I still see all 10 messages there. In my old newsgroup program (Forte Agent),...
April 5th 08 08:01 PM
by Gordon Go to last post
3 337
Missing Incoming Mail by Brian Lock
Have 2 clients, both running Vista and using built in mail program. Both are experiencing days at a time when they are not receiving mail although they know emails are being sent. In addition they receive "phantom messages", which seem to be received in normal way but have no information in header except date and time received. Upon opening message there are no details except date and...
April 5th 08 07:56 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 294
email going into web mail and not into my windows mail by Carol W
I have received my emails always into my windows mail until I logged onto web mail when I was at work. Now all my emails go to the web mail and not my windows mail. I checked my 'account' and looked at the options in tool but not sure how to change back? I hope someone can help me solve -- CW
April 5th 08 07:23 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
1 344
how do you make music continuous throughout web site? by Ralph[_3_]
I have developed a complex web and would like to have one mp3 (or other type) piece play throughout the various pages of the site without restarting the music anew when the page changes. Is this possible? If so, how? -- Ralph
April 5th 08 06:34 PM
by Gordon Go to last post
1 345
Cannot reply in some news servers with windows mail + vista.....is it possible? by Shan[_2_]
I can post / reply newsgroup in microsoft news group with my new system (WM + vista), just as exactly this one does. But, I couldn't do so in my university's news group, it only worked fine with my system installed with XP + OE !!! Is it possible for some news servers do not accept posting / reply from WM / vista (*however, i can't read the newsgroup without any problem...)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 08 06:22 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
11 625
Can not sign in on windows mail by PolioPiper
I have set up my account exactly like I did on a different computer that has outlook 2003 on it, but whenever I try to sign in, I keep getting another sign in window after each attempt to sign in.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 5th 08 05:56 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
13 712
Problems completing senders names by Becky
When I type the name of a person in my address book, Windows Mail doesn't automatically complete the name. It completes some of the names, some of the time. I do have the box checked that allows for this. Any advice is appreciated. -- Thanks, Becky
April 5th 08 05:21 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 360
cannot send emails by Francisco Prieto
I can´t send emails also. But, I discoverd that still can be done using the submenus under the arrow at the right side of the "send and receive" menu. Just force it to do it.
April 5th 08 04:39 PM
by winstonscamp Go to last post
2 336
Mails im Postausgang werden nicht gesendet by Ripley
Hallo Ich hab Mails im Postausgang, trotz des Betätigen des Buttons "Senden/empfangen", werden sie nicht gesendet. Empfangen funktioniert wunderbar. Bitte um Hilfe, lg Ripley
April 5th 08 02:21 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
1 320
connection windowsMail by pierre.taruffi
a quoi correspond l'erreur 0x800CCC0D
April 5th 08 02:21 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
1 307
symbols on folders by Southern exile[_2_]
My junk e-mail folder has a red 'no entry' sign on the top right hand corner. I did not put it there to my knowledge, what does this mean. I placed two folders in there to come back to later. They have disappeared but I didn't delete them. Where could they have gone to? They were not in the deleted folder either. Mail still comes through to the junk folder and only disappears when I...
April 5th 08 02:20 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
1 312
Problem with word attachments by katherine
Hi, I use word 2007 and have recently installed Vista. Since doing this people can't open my word attachments. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks for any help you can give, Katherine
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 5th 08 12:12 PM
by katherine Go to last post
23 1,006
Vista office 2007 outlook syn 2 computers by Andy
I need to keep two vista machines in sync with regard to e-mail and other Office 2007 files. With regard to E-mail can I just copy the PST file to and fro? How do I stop e-mail that are not on a given machine downlowding again even if the current pst file has been copied and all e-mails are up to date. I don't want a zilloin duplictions each time I copy a pst file from on pc to an...
April 5th 08 10:57 AM
by Gordon Go to last post
3 304
Confused About Server Name by Jessica
When I used to use Outlook (back in my VERY HAPPY XP days) I was able to view each e-mail account seperatly on the main screen (it would usually show up underneath the entire "Local Folders" folder.) Now I can't seem to figure out how to view the account I added (it is a G-Mail account) so I can see it on that main screen. The account does apparently updating correctly since I get no...
April 5th 08 08:45 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 302
converting "msg" files to Windows Mail by Tyaddy
I just bought a new computer and have Windows Mail now...I saved all my old e-mails from the old computer (Outlook). How do I open the .msg files in Windows Mail??
April 5th 08 08:23 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 298
How Do I Add Yahoo Mail by GiGi
Trying to add yahoo mail to windows mail account. Please help. Thxs GiGi
April 5th 08 03:12 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 355
Can't receive nor send e-mails by Futurist[_2_]
I've been using windows mail for a couble of weeks, but yesterday all of a sudden I couldn't receive nor send e-mails. These are the error messages that appear everytime. Account: 'My Mail', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.de', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Account: 'My Mail 2',...
April 5th 08 03:07 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
8 347
Missing Panel by CarlP
I don't know what I accidentally hit, but I am now missing the left panel with the Inbox, Sent, Deleted and all the other folders and sub-folders I have. I have tried every option and right click I can think of to bring it back, to no avail. Ideas Please. Using Vista Mail in Home Premium --
April 5th 08 03:06 AM
by Bob Go to last post
4 354
Cannot send mail by Lee
Working fine till the other day. I can receive mail but not send. Help?!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 5th 08 02:59 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
38 1,310