Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Playing DVDs on Vista - HOW? by news.microsoft.com[_10_]
I have Vista Home Premium which is supposed to play DVD Videos. How is this done? Someone gave me several movies on DVD but nothing happens when I insert them in the DVD/CD recorder/burner tray. I don't even know where to look for the information I need. :(
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 09 11:16 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post
11 561
Someone change Da Jerk Count by power 3
measekite wrote: I went to see my parole officer this morning and when I came back, I looked at my whiteboard. The whiteboard has Da Jerk count on it. Someone erased Da Jerk count. What do I do now?
January 23rd 09 10:59 PM
by power 3 Go to last post
2 280
why by power 3
Grand_Poohbah wrote: why For reaction there is an action. You see the result of something but taking into account the dimension of time, things become clearer. You ask why about something you observe. This did not come into existence by total chance, there was an equal and opposite force non locally that may have created that.
January 23rd 09 10:54 PM
by power 3 Go to last post
0 328
I was in the store yesterday by power 3
measekite wrote: And someone said there is a 64bit version of Vista and a 32bit version of Vista. That is really amazing that they have two versions of Vista, and I can't use either one. I installed Vista and have had trouble with Vista ever since. The icon's are confusing and the monitor is scary. Hell, I wouldn't even know what to do with Vista anyway. All I do is post. ...
January 23rd 09 10:50 PM
by measekite Go to last post
1 303
Ordering 64-bit media for Vista by [email protected]
I wish to order 64-bit media for Vista. I'm at the ordermedia website but it is unclear if 64-bit Vista is included with the 32-bit DVD (for a price of $13 given a valid product key). If I go ahead and order the 32-bit DVD will I be pleased to find that it includes 64-bit setup or will I be disappointed. I have 64-bit Windows 7 installed so installation of 64-bit Vista should be trivial. Should...
January 23rd 09 10:27 PM
by Clark[_4_] Go to last post
2 259
Program Menu by news.microsoft.com[_10_]
Can someone tell me how I can get my programs on the program menu so I don't have to have shortcuts all over my desktop? Dragging and dropping them on the start button or Programs list doesn't get them there. I asked this before but can't find the post or replies here. Thanks
January 23rd 09 10:11 PM
by measekite's psychiatrist[_5_] Go to last post
4 343
Burning across multiple DVD's by Best
Is there a way to burn a set of files, if it is larger than the size of one DVD? I have been unable to do this: it gives the answer - to big for one DVD, please remove some files, and try again.
January 23rd 09 09:46 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
4 431
Computer Locks after restart by marksimpson884
After I restart and log in my computer immediately locks the account and I need to log in again. After I do it once it's fine until I restart again. I have no idea what's doing this. I checked my startup applications with msconfig but I don't see anything out of place. I have Vista Home Premium SP 1. -- marksimpson884
January 23rd 09 09:26 PM
by marksimpson884 Go to last post
1 283
Where are my programs by news.microsoft.com[_10_]
I have Vista Home Premium. Why aren't half the programs I have on my PC on the Programs list? I shouldn't have to have shortcuts all over my desktop for these programs. Dragging and dropping the shortcuts on the Start/Programs menu doesn't work. How do I get them there? TIA.
January 23rd 09 09:12 PM
by news.microsoft.com[_10_] Go to last post
3 390
VISTA (does not boot) get a BLUE SCREEN by PirateKing
I have a situation where VISTA does not boot up and I receive a BLUE Screen with an ERROR. Yesterday, upon starting my computer I got a blue screen that says: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fis the problem: 1. Insert the Windows installation disc and restart your computer. 2. Choose your language settings, then click "next." 3. Click...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 09 08:44 PM
by L4d Go to last post
17 2,128
Can't delete folder by desgnr[_3_]
I want to delete my Documents folder. I get message User account control won't let me delete it. I turned User account control OFF Now i get the message Destination folder access denied when i try to delete the folder. How can i delete this folder ? -- Dell Inspiron Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz
January 23rd 09 08:01 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 314
Vista keyboard shortcuts?? by Kickin' Ass & Takin' Names
Back in the day when I ran Win XP Home Edition, when I wanted to shut off the computer I did this: -- Hit the Windows symbol key (bottom left between CTRL and ALT) -- Hit U (tUrn off) -- HIt R (Restart) or U (tUrn off) In Vista, when I hit the Windows symbol key, the start menu comes up but I don'd find any way to use the keyboard to shut down -- instead, I have to use the mouse:
January 23rd 09 06:32 PM
by Zaphod Beeblebrox Go to last post
1 297
DEP is driving me nuts; please help! by Flyerfan27
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have a Gateway MX8734 Notebook computer. It has Vista Home Premium Sp1 and I keep it fully updated to the best of my knowledge. I have 83 GB of free hard drive space and 2 GB of RAM. Most of the time my Notebook uses around 39% to 46% of the RAM. I came to this group to find away to disable the Data Execution Protection, which I did thanks to Joe...
January 23rd 09 06:31 PM
by James[_10_] Go to last post
8 380
Help with Vista 64 Bit Defender by Ross Moody
HP PC with Windows Vista 64 bit OS Pops up window announcing "You haven't scanned your PC in 3 Days. Recommend you schedule MS Defender to Scan Daily". I have the following settings since (DOP) 12/20/2008 : Options: Frequency=Daily; Time 2 AM; Type=Full Sys Scan. PC is never shut down at night , only placed in sleep mode. What gives? Help? Ross Moody
January 23rd 09 05:55 PM
by Ross Moody Go to last post
0 267
why by Billy Buddusky[_2_]
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:47:31 -0500, Grand_Poohbah wrote: why plonk
January 23rd 09 04:32 PM
by Billy Buddusky[_2_] Go to last post
0 340
HttpEvent ID 15016 by Donaldo
Unable to initialize the security package kerberos for server side authentication. Windows Vista Home Edition - SP1 -
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 09 03:22 PM
by Sinclair Go to last post
11 510
why by Tyro[_2_]
Because it is what it is; just accept it. "Grand_Poohbah" wrote in message ... why
January 23rd 09 02:48 PM
by David[_29_] Go to last post
1 334
Deleting old folder from System Volume Information folder by Art
When I installed Vista, some WinXP restore points were retained in the System Volume Information folder. They are in a folder named "_restore{3A579F61-.....]", which contains dozens of subfolders named "RP3", "RP4", "RP5", etc. Altogether these junk files are occupying about 5GB, which I am trying to recover. I have assumed full ownership of all these folders (through Properties / Security...
January 23rd 09 02:44 PM
by Art Go to last post
5 386
Windows Mail background sound by Art
When Outlook Express was used, and background sound was added to a message, you could hear the sound while composing the message. Now, using Windows Mail on Vista, I can add background sound, and recipients hear it okay, but I cannot hear it during composition ...so I'm always unsure that it's there, and it's the sound I want. I've looked high and low, but cannot find a solution. (In WinXP,...
January 23rd 09 02:13 PM
by Steve Cochran Go to last post
3 293
wmi vista x64 by ddm
hi, is this correct for win32reg in vista x64 ? i cant using it to query the wow6432Note registry
January 23rd 09 11:53 AM
by Jim[_49_] Go to last post

From The