Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
I am Da Jerk and I am counting by measekite's psychiatrist[_3_]
Measekite, Please call the office immediately as we have an opening this afternoon. Your serious mental problems should be addressed as soon as possible. Please don't bring Da Lamb Chop with you because you are not allowed to rub yourself during your session. Those rubbing activities should be done in the privacy of your psyc room.
January 21st 09 03:54 PM
by measekite's psychiatrist[_3_] Go to last post
0 284
Facts behind Microsoft's anti-Linux campaign by power 3
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10145332-16.html Back in 2002, Jim Allchin was co-president of Microsoft's Platforms and Services Division and was, in his own words, "scared" of the momentum behind Linux, as noted in an email sent to several of his direct reports. Why scared? Because Windows was starting to lose to Linux: My conclusion: We are not on a path to win against Linux. We...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 09 03:48 PM
by Bill Yanaire Go to last post
11 427
replacement for gpedit by Daniel Royer
Hi! I need a replacement for gpedit.msc (I'm running vista Home Premium). Any ideas? Daniel --
January 21st 09 03:46 PM
by Daniel Royer Go to last post
5 292
Using Vista, Microsoft Mail/Calendar and HP iPAQ hx2000 Pocket PC by Kit
It it possible to use my iPAQ with MS Mail and Calendar. I'm running Vista Ultimate. If it is possible, what problems might I encounter or where can I find hints on getting it to work right the first time. I tried to use it with my work PC a few years ago, running Win XP and Outlook but the firewalls wouldn't allow it to run sync. Any suggestions? Thanks,
January 21st 09 03:42 PM
by GmaKit Go to last post
2 252
Vista screen saver by Kickin' Ass & Takin' Names
I purchased a new computer -- HP s3700f -- running Vista with SP 1. Replaced a much older HP with WinXP Home SP 2. When I try to personalize the screen saver, I do this: -- right click on screen -- click on Personalize -- click on Screen Saver -- click on Settings
January 21st 09 03:28 PM
by Gareth Erskine-Jones Go to last post
3 287
wdt search box misses data paste under load vista sp2 6002 by pzam
When running lots of drive I/o at times when I paste a keyword into the windows desktop search box it will just show the left most letter of what I entered and a few bits of the next letter like the video id torn and the letter sizes are slightly larger than normal. This sort of looks like directx strangeness. I have to past the data a second time to get it to search for it.
January 21st 09 02:21 PM
by pzam Go to last post
0 294
Vista 64 Home Premium problem by drybones[_3_]
When attempting to change appearance of any image MS Office Picture Manager Takes over proprietary ownership or so it seems. I have utilized Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7.04 for many years and am totally lost on how force Vista to allow me to use the imaging program I have successfully installed in the X86 folder. Nor for the matter will not show PSP is available from any point I could locate...
January 21st 09 12:31 PM
by drybones[_3_] Go to last post
5 316
USB Priority by Lorin[_2_]
Vista Ultimate I am having problems with my USB MS 8000 kbd and mouse and wonder if there is a way to set the USB priority of this interface to the top level? How to do? Where can I see what USB devices are set up?
January 21st 09 12:23 PM
by jtmoderate876 Go to last post
6 297
Can't navigate to Hotmail by ruexperienced
:confused: Recently, I uninstalled a few programs on my laptop. Now, when I go to: MSN.com and try to log into my hotmail account I get a conncetion problem that makes it appear that I am not online.(Can not connect to), but I am online. I can go to yahoo and other sites, even the login page for hotmail. However, after I enter login infor I get a (Can not connect to).... I have it set to accept...
January 21st 09 12:11 PM
by ruexperienced Go to last post
0 230
Windows Update window (explorer.exe) does not respond by Panagiotis Chavariotis
In my Windows Vista Business Edition SP1 installation, when I try to open the Windows Update window, the window freezes and does not respond. I cannot understand what is going wrong. I have already downloaded and installed the latest version of the Windows Update agent from here (x86): http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=91237 but in vain. Please help.
January 21st 09 11:10 AM
by N1K Go to last post
2 261
Macromedia projector by Victoria
When I try to open my anatomy cd a message pops up that says Macromedia projector has stopped working. The cds worked 1 week ago in my old computer with windows xp. How can I fix it?
January 21st 09 10:50 AM
by Synapse Syndrome[_2_] Go to last post
9 309
How to burn recovery discs from downloaded file of SP1 by Maruthi
Hi, please help me for my below question. I have HP DV9000 series which came with Vista Home Premium. Now system has automatically upgraded to Vista SP1 through Windows update. I want to download Vista SP1 from Microsoft website (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791) and write them as recovery discs. Can I burn the exe file (Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe) as recovery discs? Please...
January 21st 09 07:50 AM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
1 254
Protection Mode Off by Willy
For some reason when I try to signon to IGoogle from IE7 I'm getting a message saying: Protection Mode Off . I recently accidentally deleted all Cookies, could that have caused it? This PC has 2 users with me using IGoogle and other user using plain Google and I've no problems signing on there. I've Admin. rights on both users. -- Thanks, Bill Post replies back to News Group
January 21st 09 04:29 AM
by Willy Go to last post
5 217
Strange security popup at boot by Richard in AZ
A friends new Gateway computer pops up a dialog box. The dialog box is basically blank except in the title bar it states "Security Checking" and has the red X for closing Then in the body of the box is a space requesting a password Then below that two buttons "Okay" and "Cancel" The computer has Windows Vista Home Premium. He removed the McAfee software and install the Free AVG and does not...
January 21st 09 03:11 AM
by Danny Krychek Go to last post
1 254
Favorites folder by swalker
Would someone please let me know where the Favorites folder is in Vista?
January 21st 09 02:02 AM
by Alex Clayton Go to last post
8 299
Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) freezes at startup by Brandon Taylor[_3_]
Every time I start or restart Windows, the Windows Explorer process ("explorer.exe") crashes. After I click on the Windows taskbar enough times, Windows tells me that "Windows Explorer is not responding" and gives me the option to restart, close, or wait. I click "Restart the program" and everything works fine the second time around. What's the issue here? Brandon Taylor
January 21st 09 01:28 AM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
2 394
Blasphemy ? by elhombre
I wonder if I am the only apple mac book pro user who finds themselves working almost exclusively in Vista ? It gets an awful lot of bad press but I quite like it and the more I use it the more I am liking it ! I like OS X for the sexy unixy tools you get by default, but I cannot get a driver for my Dell AIO, printer. I have vista loaded as a VM but cannot run FSX in it so I am now finding...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 21st 09 12:52 AM
by +Bob+[_2_] Go to last post
21 675
data safe by Leo Kline[_2_]
My new xps 420 has a feature called data safe. I have one hard drive installed. The control panel shows another drive called "recovery" and data safe assure me that if a drive fails, the recovery device will allow me to recover lost data. If a disk crashes, doesnt this destroy all the data? Essentially I just dont understand haow "data safe " works. can some one enlighten me?
January 21st 09 12:33 AM
by dinesh Go to last post
2 307
Windows Defender Scan - $Recycle.Bin by DLPolson
Whenever I run the scan, I notice files listed in $Recycle.Bin - I found the file but nothing appeared to be in it. I would like to view/delete these files, is there a way to do so? Thank you. -- DLPolson
January 20th 09 11:47 PM
by Tyro[_2_] Go to last post
1 232
Windows Explorer and columns... by Øyvind Granberg
Hi... Can't find a NG committed to Windows Explorer i particular, so if this is the wrong MG, please redirect me.... How do I change the columns in Windows Explorer to a set of columns of my own choice permanently? --
January 20th 09 11:13 PM
by PerkyPat Go to last post

From The