Threads in Forum : General Vista Help and Support Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Curser hovers and opens files by Chas[_4_]
New to Vista. When the mouse curser hovers over an icon or button, it opens the file without me clicking the mouse. How can I stop this happening? Thanks
November 21st 08 08:55 PM
by barman58 Go to last post
1 350
legacy program by Rick Wolfe
Thanks for trying Andre but I got the same result about having to remove the legacy program before I can remove McAffee from my computer. -- Rick Wolfe Malaspina Coach Lines
November 21st 08 07:26 PM
by Rick Wolfe Go to last post
0 271
iPix crashes using Vista OS by tscruggs
When I visit a page that has an iPix viewer it crashes Internet Explorer. Does anyone know why this is happening?
November 21st 08 07:10 PM
by Msradell[_2_] Go to last post
2 295
File "Open With" Association. Need to Revert or Fix by vu64bit
I tried to associate my VOB chapter files with WinDVD 7 on Vista 64 bit. I used to drag them into the WinDVD player window to play them. These files were associated with Windows Shell Common Dll for the "Open With" command. I did what I did to cut one step out in regards to playing them, and now they wont play! I preformed this "Open With" change not more than 10 minutes ago... Please help. How...
November 21st 08 06:36 PM
by Justin[_5_] Go to last post
6 340
legacy program by Rick Wolfe
I want to uninstall the McAffee Security program that came with my computer. When I try to do this I am told that I have to change the legacy program prior to uninstall. How do I do that? -- Rick Wolfe Malaspina Coach Lines
November 21st 08 05:58 PM
by Andre Da Costa Go to last post
1 288
Mail merge - labels by ddinahg
Does anyone have a tip for printing off labels mail merged in Vista so that blank fields are closed up? -- ddinahg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ddinahg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ddinahg.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1075600.htm
November 21st 08 05:05 PM
by Andre Da Costa Go to last post
2 311
Trapped by MS Security by Maurice
Working with Vista Ultimate. Worked exceptionally well until this day. Noticed a red security alert icon on the tray. From that point on I could click on nothing witout generating access denials. No apps, Internet, etc. Logged out of my standard account for the administrator and find virtually the same access denials. Apparently, I do not even have the right to shut down/restart. ...
November 21st 08 04:20 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
5 444
Windows Vista and GW Basic by Lisa Casey
Hi, We have been running Windows XP for awhile. We recently replaced one of these with a vista computer. My manager has a program he wrote using gwbasic that runs ok on the XP computers. On the vista computer, we get the message "you can not SHELL to BASIC". It seems like we used to get that when we first got the xp computers but were able to get past that problem, I just don't recall...
November 21st 08 04:19 PM
by gorlich6 Go to last post
3 325
What Alias really means by Sackboy
"Alias" wrote in message ... Open your favorite browser. Got to the on line encyclopedia of your choice and search for "ad hominem argument". Get bent...silly weirdo.
November 21st 08 04:15 PM
by Sackboy Go to last post
0 290
bluescreen issue by ArsenalF1
I have a Toshiba Satellite P305D-S8818 that runs Vista Home Premium and when ever I log on using a normal boot-up it will go to bluescreen, and ask to reboot in safe mode. When I reboot in safe mode it will give me a message saying that windows has recovered from a serious error and it gives me the following information about said error: Problem Event: bluescreen OS Version:...
November 21st 08 04:03 PM
by GTS Go to last post
2 408
Desktop icons by azraq
Hello all.. is it possible to have desktop icons without their names underneath each icon?? i want just all my icons without names appear on my desktop..i think it'll be more nice-looking..:) anybody has the tips?
November 21st 08 03:58 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 325
Favorite Folders by Ed Sowell
How do I set a Favorite Folder in Vista? In XP it was easy, but can't find it at all in Vista. Is it possible? TIA Ed
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 08 02:24 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
18 586
Shut down screen? (Vista Home 64) by Justin[_5_]
On Vista Home 64 bit, how can I set the shut down prompt to default to shut down, and not sleep? J
November 21st 08 01:38 PM
by Justin[_5_] Go to last post
7 369
Remote administration of Vista by Bob
Remote administration of Vista Does Vista have remote administration? I would like to access my home (Vista) computer from work or library to change settings in software. The software needs admin access. No one would be at or using my home computer when I would do this. Vista help talks about remote desktop and remote assistance but does not describe it enough for me to know if that is...
November 21st 08 12:03 PM
by Zaphod Beeblebrox Go to last post
2 336
Vista windows blinking Explorer problems by drDre
After some windows update the windows now blink, throb. After some point you cannot even type in a windows the throbing takes over and blanks out what you have typed. I can not even click on the Start --All programs -- some program group because the window flashes. The video driver is a NVIDIA from 8/07, on a Sony Viao T5450. The problem gets progressively worse as you use the machine....
November 21st 08 11:48 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 323
CAN'T EXTRACT ISO FILE by locoeng
Even if you already have Nero, please give Imgburn a try...it's much easier to use and carries a smaller footprint and free as well. 'The Official ImgBurn Website' (http://www.imgburn.com) Burning and image (ISO) ~ 'How to write an image file to a disc with ImgBurn - ImgBurn Support Forum' (http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 08 11:37 AM
by ATHMB[_2_] Go to last post
12 530
Computer crashes when playing COD4 by TBD
Hi! Got a problem. My computer gets shut down from time to time when I am playing COD4 for no visible reason. I checked the logbook and found out several errors that occured almost at the same time (see timestamp): Error 2008-11-20 21:58:50 Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider 7026 None
November 21st 08 11:18 AM
by Ticaw Go to last post
5 395
OK, new Vista machine is finsihed indexing, but hard drive still being access continuouksly by Chippy[_2_]
OK, so how do I find out what is reading my drive continuously, for as long as the machine is on, and stop it? This happens even when no programs are running and it's just the desktop. This is going to kill my drive. C
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 21st 08 11:14 AM
by illjilli Go to last post
28 791
BSOD suspect nvidia and Dreamscene by Gerald Fay
Downloaded Dreamscene preview along with bitlocker updates. Several minutes later downloaded Windows Live Onecare. 1 minute into installing OneCare the dreaded BSOD occured. Restored a backup from True Image made just 1 hour earlier. This time installed Windows Live Onecare with no BSOD. Suspected nvidia video driver and Dreamscene conflict. What a bummer. Will Nvidia ever get their...
November 21st 08 10:35 AM
by SeanBond Go to last post
8 356
pbm with default icon replaced by generic icon by Daniel[_16_]
Hi everybody, (I posted a similar message on a Word NG, but I now feel it could be a pbm with Vista. for some reason my Word shortcut icon has gone and has been replaced with the Windows generic icon. I tried to suppress this shortcut and recreate another one, to no avail. To do this I did Start Programs Microsot Office MS Word 2007 Right click Send to Desktop (Create a...
November 21st 08 09:35 AM
by Daniel[_16_] Go to last post

From The