Automatic Device Backup by CiarĂ¡n McK
Is there any utility that will automatically backup an external device, such as a usb flash drive, to the hard drive.... perhaps as an autoplay option? Because that might relieve my constant paranoia that swathes of some gigantic essay I'm working on will be mercilessly obliterated before I remember to save. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to...
December 18th 07 03:04 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
1 130
Port for Graphics Card by Cicero
How do I find out whether my graphics card is connected to a PCI, PCI express, or PCI x16 or whatever?
June 20th 08 06:54 AM
by Bender Go to last post
2 154
my cd/dvd drive is messed up by cimm
it won't play cd's or dvds. i checked the device manager and it said "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" what do i have to do? i have a hp pavilion entertainment pc laptop if that helps -- cimm
April 19th 07 01:40 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
8 158
Western Digital 1TB World Book - Vista Ultimate x64 Issues by cincoe
::Okay guys. I've read and read and asked and asked and now I am looking to the experts. Got a good one for you. Here's the deal...:: :::: ::I have four computers running off of a wireless secure lynksys router (connected to DSL) and all four connected to an HP Printer (wirelessly). 2 computers running WindowsXP and 2 Running Windows Vista x64 / one with Home Premium and the other Ultimate...
April 17th 09 05:09 AM
by cincoe Go to last post
0 219
Palm Treo 700P and Documents To Go by Cindy O
I installed my Palm software and had it working no problem. I made the mistake of installing the Documents To Go software b4 I checked comptability. After locking up the computer on hot sync, I uninstalled it. but now when ever I reboot I get this error: The Notifier file 'C:\Program Files\Documents To Go\SyncDlgN20.dll' Was not found. Notifiers are used by hotsync manager to inform other...
March 15th 07 12:04 AM
by Cindy O Go to last post
0 136
reboot loop not with updates by cindydorfsmith
I am not sure what happend to my computer but it is stuck in a reboot loop. I just received my computer on September 30th from dell. I am running Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium Edition. here are some additional specs Inspiron 518, Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz, 2x4MB) 3GB DDR2 SDRAM,800MHZ- 2X512MB,2X1GB,DIM,M Radeon HD 2400 Pro Graphics Media Card 500GB Serial ATA II Hard...
October 30th 08 01:44 PM
by MGBassace Go to last post
3 316
Philips Funcam (DMVC 300k) by Cinna
Yes. I get that too - is there annnnnyyy person out there with vista compatible drivers? -- Cinna
April 27th 07 03:58 PM
by Cinna Go to last post
0 111
Problem With New Walkman by citizen 0
I'm trying to set up my girlfriends new Walkman (NWD-B103) and a number of odd things keep happening. Firstly, when I connect it, Vista searches for the driver, but cannot find it (it's supposed to be automatic), so I download it from the Sony homepage. But when I click the Auto Transfer exe. an error message appears saying "Application was not launched from removable drive" I'm confused....
January 27th 08 09:59 AM
by mozinnka Go to last post
1 132
Backing Up PRoblem by Citric_Acid
I am running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and I have a small problem. I am trying to use the built-in backup program in the Backup and Restore Center, but I am running into this error message when I attempt to use it: --------------------------- Windows Backup --------------------------- Windows could not find backup devices on your computer. The following information might explain why this...
September 26th 07 06:17 AM
by Citric_Acid Go to last post
0 116
Laptop screen goes blank after recovery from Sleep Mode by civ2ru
First off, it's a SONY VAIO VGN-FZ180E and I'm running Vista 32-bit. In the last couple of months, I've started encountering an error - the screen goes blank upon recovery from Sleep Mode. Don't remember exactly when it started, and couldn't use System Recovery to roll back that far anyway. The only workaround I've found is either restarting or closing/re-opening the lid. The "Turn off...
November 17th 08 04:22 PM
by civ2ru Go to last post
0 275
Unmounting a USB external drive issues by civ2ru
Hey there! First off, I run Vista Home Premium. I'm having problems unmounting a USB external hard drive - when I try to use "Safely Remove Hardware" (whether through system tray icon or through "Computer"), the system ALWAYS tells me it's still in use, even though I've shut down all programs using it and I'm not writing to it at the time. When I go to "Device Properties" - "Policies", the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 19th 07 11:07 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
10 180
LCD screen of laptop needs to "warm up"? by civ2ru
In the last couple of months, I've started encountering an error - the laptop LCD screen is blank upon recovery from Sleep Mode or upon boot. After rebooting or closing/reopening the lid (or sometimes just waiting a few minutes does the trick), it starts working and after that works consistently, it's just the initial "warm up" period from off or sleep state. Any ideas on how to fix it or...
November 21st 08 02:26 PM
by civ2ru Go to last post
9 452
external hardive by cj
I recently bought a medion notebook and connected a Freecom external drive that I had previously used with my old laptop. No problems , it was recognised and I could access files till the other night when it said it was empty. However Properties is showing 134gb used and 105gb free as it should be. Anybody know how I can access these files ?
July 31st 07 06:38 PM
by cj Go to last post
0 89
Nvidia Cards on Vista x64 (RTM) by CJM
I've just build myself a new high-end PC including a 7900GTO gfx card. I dabbled with XP Pro but had a few graphical problems so I thought I'd install Vista (rtm) instead, whcih I did. At first, everything looked OK, but when I started using more demanding applications (i.e. 3D games) I encountered some artifacting and distortion. Particularly in Battlefield 2, Civililzation IV, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 06 01:56 AM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
18 413
Changing boot drive by CJM[_2_]
I've upgraded my machine at some point in the last year, where I added a new 500GB drive and moved my C: partition across to it. The previous 250GB drive was left in for additional storage. Just recently (while upgrading my BIOS) I realised that my system was still booting from the 250GB drive even though Windows was on the other disk. There is a fair possibility in the not too distant...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 08 09:33 AM
by CJM[_2_] Go to last post
18 775
Battery Meter by CJP89
My battery meter shows the remaining power only as a percentage and not as a specific time (which is my preferred option). I am running Vista on a Toshiba laptop. Is there a way to fix this in Vista or is it part of the laptops design?
August 23rd 07 08:34 PM
by CJP89 Go to last post
2 156
Vista Cd DVD burn? by CJSM
After a week I still can't get Vista or Media Player to burn a data CD or DVD. I have tried removing in resedit #929461 & removing driver. However, I did burn both a CD & DVD using ImgBurn! So how do I get Vista & Media Player to work?? Any ideas? Thanks!
June 21st 07 03:31 AM
by CJSM Go to last post
3 199
Burn DVD? by CJSM
I'm reaing the related questions as I have upgraded from XP to Vista Business. RecordNow! ver7 does not get along with Vista & ver9 crashed the hard drive inXP, so what do I use to burn DVD? I tried to burn a DVD in Vista so I could use it on other computers about 350Gb on a 4.7 Gb disk. Vista said 1 day & 16 hours!!!! I left it to burn & after 5 hours the programs "hung" then crashed...
June 8th 07 11:05 PM
by CJSM Go to last post
2 157
How can I automate sound device selection? (speakers vs. dock) by CJSnet
Hi, I have a VAIO laptop which has 2 sound devices shown: 1. Speakers / Headphones (SigmaTel HD Audio CODEC) 2. Digital Output Device S/PDIF (SigmaTel HD Audio CODEC) This is pretty simple - when the laptop is undocked I want it to use its spakers (1). When it is docked I want it to use the docking station's S/PDIF (2). Yet at the moment I have to manually go into Control Panel Sound,...
May 29th 07 02:55 PM
by CJSnet Go to last post
3 190
Screen goes blank after login by ck
I've upgraded my Dell Precision notebook to Vista with an external monitor and everytime I boot it up, I get to the login screen, put in the password, the Windows desktop displays for a second or so and then the screen goes blank and the monitor comes up with a message that it can't display this mode. The only way to get this back is to unplug the VGA connection to the monitor and then...
March 18th 07 06:09 AM
by ck Go to last post

From The