Mapping Desktop Drive on Laptop Problem by Charliec
My setup is to Map the "E" drive on my desktop to "Z" on my laptop so I can share the E drive with my laptop; (with 3 partitions on the desktop drive); I am running WinXP with all latest updates on desktop (no SP3), and am running Vista on the laptop (no SP1). I have NIS 2008 running on both machines. I have been running this setup for quite some time with no problem. Recently, I had to...
May 9th 08 03:40 AM
by Charliec Go to last post
0 151
Netgear wg311v3 on a dell system This device cannot start. (Code by mybarts
Hi please help thanks trying to install on a new dell E520 (with clean vista install) i am geting lots of problems instaling device drivers for a wg311 card it will only install in safe mode , then when i reboot i get back to a code 10 i have the latest vista driver for it. it works ok on my other system with vista on it ok.
May 9th 08 03:39 AM
by Rayrox Go to last post
2 257
isa tap adator by drycleanerlady[_2_]
I was checking out the reliablity&performance monitor and came across a problem,device not working properly, cause: a device has a confirguration problem that prevents it from working properly,the error is tv-config mgr err 31, I tried to update it said it was updated, help please running vista home prem, on a gateway laptop
May 9th 08 01:56 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 203
DVD drives suddenly don't work by RobB
I came home today and found that the 2 Sony optical drives in my computer are no longer working. I have an old computer with Vista on it. In device manager, both drives' icons have an exclamation point on them; checking their properties reveals an error code 39 (driver not loaded or corrupted). When I try to update the drivers, Vista tells me the drivers are already up to date. The Nvidia...
May 9th 08 01:22 AM
by wheelman Go to last post
3 201
Mouse schemes for Vista Ultimate by G. L. Heaton
I was running Vista Business Upgrade over XP upgrades. The hardware is a Microsoft Trackball Optical 5 button mouse. I had a mouse scheme that was ACTUALLY a MOUSE. On my new computer running Vista ultimate, I can't load this scheme from the Intellepoint driver disk. I get a "version incompatible" error messege and have to load the Vista drivers from the web site. These driver no longer...
May 9th 08 12:41 AM
by G. L. Heaton Go to last post
0 162
AKTMDRHT by ceebezee[_2_]
Hi, any one come across this AKTMDRHT IDE drive. I have reinstalled Vista back and forth from 64 to 32 bit. Now in the device manager i have this yellow flag along side the above controller. What does it do ? To whom does it belong to ?
May 8th 08 11:26 PM
by ceebezee[_2_] Go to last post
0 195
How can i use dv, with a Samsung camera in Windows vista? by Francisco[_2_]
Hi, i have a SC-D372 NSTC Samsung camera, but when i try to conect it to my computer, windows vista says that is a problem in de BUS 13886, shows an error code 10. I couldn't make it works.
May 8th 08 08:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 145
mouse pointer has disappeared! by Jim Robin
Hi, Can anyone help with a missing mouse pointer? It's on a Gateway laptop (notebook) and the default finger tablet shows no mousepointer and if I plug a USB mouse in, there is still nothing. Has something become corrupted? I have a dual boot on this laptop and can boot up win 2000 successfully with the mouse pointer working perfectly so at least I know that it is not a hardware...
May 8th 08 06:32 PM
by JerryM Go to last post
4 170
MAGICBRIDGE Vista driver ?? by masterbowl
magicbridge - external connector for hdd's, dvd drives etc ... bought this a year or so ago, worked fine with XP pc but not with Vista (dtected, but failed to install) Needed to xfer gigabytes of data from old XP pc hdd to Vista Home Premium pc. CD manual says no driver needed for XP, but fails to give a website for support, nor can I find it on Google. HELP please? nb - as recommended in...
May 8th 08 05:54 PM
by Peter Go to last post
3 188
autorun.inf no longer launches programs by Gene[_7_]
We have Vista Business 32-bit on a Dell Dimension E521. Autorun.inf files used to launch programs on CDs and a USB flash drive we use. One day this stopped working and I have not been able to figure out why. The Autoplay applet in Control Panel appears to be set correctly (Software and games = Install or run program). The same CDs and USB drive that do not work on the Vista desktop will...
May 8th 08 04:32 PM
by Gene[_7_] Go to last post
0 155
Microsoft wireless 7000 Bluetooth by _Mark_
I have managed to break the bluetooth dongle that came with this keyboard/mouse and have tried 3 different brands of dongles with no success. My question is does Microsoft replace the dongles with this Mouse/Keyboard set...
May 8th 08 02:31 PM
by _Mark_ Go to last post
4 163
External Hard Drive Goes Missing by husky86
I have an external 1 TB Lacie Big Disk Extreme drive that goes missing from time to time. Getting it back requires a full restart. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1). The device is still listed under Device Manager when it goes missing. There is a yellow exclamation point next to the drive. Double-clicking on the drive brings up a window that informs me that Error Code 43...
May 8th 08 07:05 AM
by husky86 Go to last post
2 127
Reliable fast external HDD needed by pbl
Hi - I have a brand new and fast laptop with a 7200 RPM internal drive. Having just irreparably crashed my old external drive I am on the hunt for a new one. I'd like to partition it and make it dual use - storage in a 100 GB partitian and direct write for recording multichanel music in real time in the other. For recording, I need something that is really fast, reliable and upwards of 400...
May 8th 08 05:23 AM
by Chuydela Go to last post
3 136
apple ipod by cruisecontrol50
why wont windows media center reqconize my apple ipod device
May 8th 08 03:24 AM
by troy Go to last post
1 173
Microsoft Wireless Entertainment 7000 by _Mark_[_2_]
I have a small problem since installing the Microsoft wireless entertainment 7000. This the bluetooth version and that is the problem. I can install the mouse and keyboard fine from Vista. My problem is when I want to go into BIOS I cannot use the keyboard. I would have to plug in another keyboard to be able to change things in BIOS. My brother has the same combo and the keyboard works...
May 8th 08 02:31 AM
by _Mark_[_2_] Go to last post
1 133
Microphone isn't recognized by McCray
I have a logitech microphone that used to work on vista. Everytime I hooked it up, vista would give me a pop up asking me how I wanted to use it. I would choose the microphone option and be done with it. One day I clicked the "Do not show this message again." box and the pop up stopped coming up. Since then my microphone won't work. My system has Sigmatel High Definition CODEC. How do I get...
May 8th 08 02:14 AM
by McCray Go to last post
0 143
Processor Bus? by solidsnake204
I saw this Dell PC on Tesco direct which I thought was good specs for it's price. I sent the page to my friend, who also said it was also very good, but the "low" processor bus will mean the PC wont be as fast as I thought it would be. It's processor bus is 800mhz. Is this low? Full system specs: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-4621.aspx
May 7th 08 08:58 PM
by solidsnake204 Go to last post
2 209
HP Scanjet 8300 Device Not Detected by themose69
I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and had my scanner working fine a month ago. It has gradually stopped working to the point where it isn't even detecting it. I've tried downloading drivers, updates, from Microsoft and HP with no luck. Any advice? Thank you. -- themose69
May 7th 08 07:52 PM
by themose69 Go to last post
4 156
Installing a USB device by Reynaldos
I have recently started again with my computer having formatted it and have installed Windows Vista. For some strange reason my USB devices are not installing. I know these work on Vista as they worked before the format. When I plug in a device a message comes up saying New device found and windows starts searching for the device. It doesnt seem to find the driver and asks for you to enter...
May 7th 08 04:48 PM
by Arvind Murching [MSFT] Go to last post
2 201
Removing Quick Launch buttons by ...[_2_]
Hi, I have HP Compaq 6710b Vista. I am trying to remove Quick Launch buttons, because they annoy me. Have tried everything, including uninstalling the QLB software. Update: I have tried searching the registry for anything QLB-related, but only found following two locations: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Software
May 7th 08 03:03 PM
by IkidUnot Go to last post

From The