Windows Vista - Need a USB to serial port cable... by dkhyland
I am lloking for a USB to serial port cable to work with Vista. I bought a Radio Shack cable and there are no drivers for Vista. Any suggestions? Brands? Thanks.
December 24th 07 08:04 PM
by HelenJohn Go to last post
4 130
Volume control by Kali
Greetings I have Windows Vista 32-bit. I also have a TV tuner Leadtek TV2000 XP, a keyboard A4tech KB(S)-8 and a sound card Creative Audigy SE. I have installed the latest drivers for all of these components. The problem I have is that the volume buttons on the Leadtek PVR program and the volume buttons on the keyboard do not work. That is, they have no effect. The sound card works fine in my...
December 24th 07 06:28 PM
by Kali Go to last post
0 116
Is my processor not enought powerfull? by Americo
Hi I have a processor intel p4 3,00 Ghz modell intel(r) 945 Express and I got an 2,2 as score in windows vista home basic. Can this be true? i have seen other computer with slower processors with the same Vista version and they get a higher score. And because of that I can't run Aero. What is wrogn with my processor?
December 24th 07 06:25 PM
by John S Go to last post
3 116
firewire card installation by sclement
Hi I have a 3 port firewire card based on the VIA Technologies VT6306 chip. I inserted into an isa slot and Vista x64 picked it up and installed the drivers. Unfortunately I am no longer able to boot up my PC, it just hangs on startup. So i went and removed the card and it all booted up ok. I'm pretty sure the firewire card is not at fault as I tried a Belkin one and that did not work...
December 24th 07 03:48 PM
by sclement Go to last post
1 110
Certified for Windows Vista my a.. by Bionk
Hi there, I came home from the store today having bought a USB network adapter from Linksys (WUSB300N). I had specificly looked for the "Certified for Windows Vista" to ensure that I wouldn't find myself... writing here at least. Now. The installation of the product worked fine and I found the network to be ok to begin with. The fact was that it wasn't and after a while it shut down...
December 24th 07 02:40 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
4 155
Vista fails to start after instalilng a sata drive by LJB
Hopeing someone can help me before things realy go dire!!! Okay first things first computer spec. Ausus Motherboard M2V 2 Gig Ram AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5200
December 24th 07 12:58 PM
by Patrick[_8_] Go to last post
2 140
king for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board by JoeP
Hi All, Looking for a Heat Sink for the Maximus Formula Mother Board. Here is the link for the MB: http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=572&l4=0&model=1850&mo delmenu=2 The problem is that there are heat sinks within the CPU socket, so the heat sink with the fan needs to be elevated. I tried and none worked. I was told that Zalman CNPS9500A LED should work but I get mixed...
December 24th 07 09:40 AM
by Patrick[_8_] Go to last post
6 157
When in doubt with hardware, try the XP driver...... by Puppy Breath
I used XP drivers often throughout the beta period, and many of them worked perfectly. "Someone" wrote in message ... Under Vista, it detected it as a PCI modem but, could not find drivers. As for the drivers for this modem, it worked under XP with out any issues (CID didn't work and still does...
December 24th 07 04:07 AM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
7 112
Prob. w/bluetooth stack on new Toshiba A135-S4487 running Vista Ho by alison
Hi. I just bought this new system last night. Upon set-up there was a .txt about bluetooth stack installation guide. It stated "Bluetooth Stack Installation Guide This document guides users to install or upgrade the Bluetooth Stack on Windows Vista." So i followed the directions and uninstalled the previous version and downloaded in the new version. Unfortunately upon installing, I keep...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 07 03:45 AM
by warmonger[_2_] Go to last post
10 168
When can we expect FireWire compatibility for Vista? by grilledweasel
I have used XP for years to process mini-dv hom movies for relatives and add to our own video collection. I thought I was upgrading when I purchased a new Dell Inspiron with Vista. This is a brand-new machine. It recognizes my Western Digital outboard firewire drive just fine, but it will NOT recognize either of my two firewire cameras. One is a Panasonic and one is a Canon. The...
December 24th 07 02:26 AM
by SimRacer Go to last post
2 136
Conflict in assigned drive letters by Dave T.[_2_]
I am trying to get my MP3 player (Sansa m230) to work in vista, and I have made a lot of headway, but... When in normal use (moving music in or out, and playing) it seems to work fine. In windows explorer it shows up as drive "J". When I switch the device internally to "MSC" mode (required to update firmware) it shows up in explorer as drive "K" and I get an error message- "Exception...
December 24th 07 02:06 AM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
0 108
Windows vista cannot read SD card by Macha
When I plug in the SD card, the device driver cannot be found, and the card cannot be read. I tried to install the KB936825, but at the end of the installation process it says "the update does not apply to your system". How can I solve the problem of having a card-reader that cannot read my SD card? Thank you, Macha
December 24th 07 01:37 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 138
Vista Generic USB storage devices not recognised by Frazer Jolly Goodfellow
Several USB storage devices (3 flash drives and 2 external disk drives) that were recognised automatically by Windows XP have failed to be recognised by Vista. Vista requests a driver from the manufacturer's CD which, of course, doesn't exist. I can work around it thus: Tell Vista to look for a driver in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore, Vista installs a driver for a USB mass storage device....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 07 12:48 AM
by user245470 Go to last post
16 234
Problem with Mic by Popshadow
So I got a headset a while ago and it worked fine. All suonds came through my headset, not including my own voice. Though now Ive reinstalled my mic, the sound of my voice can also be heard through my mic speakers which can get VERY annoying hearing every breath I take. Is there a way in-game or in the OS that I can change this back to what it was before (before, my own voice was probably...
December 24th 07 12:41 AM
by Popshadow Go to last post
0 122
Cannot Read D Drive by Joe
Hi, I used Vista for the 30 days trial period. Currently, I am operating with the reduced functionality mode. I am trying to reformat my hard drive to windows xp, however my d drive is unable to read any discs, including my reinstallation disc. How can I enable my d drive to read discs so that I can use my reinstallation disc to reformat my computer? Thanks, Joe
December 24th 07 12:38 AM
by Malke Go to last post
3 109
Screen refresh rate configuration by Andrew Pontes
I got a LCD Monitor DVI Asus VW222U. I have installed the correct driver from ASUS. I got a problem with a flickering screen. I have tried to adjust the screen refresh rate, but I am only given two option: 59Hz and 60 Hz. I tried the monitor menu as well, but no sucess. The monitor guide advises to adjust the clock rate under the Focus menu, but there is no such option in the menu. It follows...
December 23rd 07 11:34 PM
by Andrew Pontes Go to last post
4 150
SATA + AGP Ati = constant crushing by VistaUser
My specs is: Pentium 4HT 3.0/Intel D865PERL motherboard/1Gb 2x512 (kingston+hynix)/320 G Western Digital WD3200JS SATA/ 128M Radeon 9500/Audigy SE/Dualscreen. After i changed old-ATA drive to new SATA which im using now, my PC became crushing constantly (every 5-10 min or so on display switching off and only reboot helps. In 1 of 5 cases im just getting empty BSOD). That time my OS was...
December 23rd 07 11:23 PM
by roy69[_124_] Go to last post
1 87
device detector by Phil 12345
when vista is booting up,I get the message ''device detector is not working'' .. Windows cannot find a solution to the problem.Any ideas?
December 23rd 07 10:38 PM
by drmayeda Go to last post
4 121
HDD Upgrade of C: Drive - How to claim additional space... by Phil Smith[_2_]
Hi, I installed a new 500GB Samsung SATA drive to replace my 250GB Maxtor SATA. I used Norton Ghost 12 to image copy the original disk to the new Samsung and then swapped them over physically. The new disk works fine but I obviously chose the wrong options when creating the image backup since Vista thinks the new disk is a Maxtor and only 250GB in size.
December 23rd 07 09:01 PM
by PurdueEngr[_2_] Go to last post
4 135
Cd drive & recovery disc by Tosh
Sorry, I can't find my old post of a few days ago. Laptop 3 1/2 months old, Vista premium. Its been having trouble ripping or playing cd's, only does part of them then stalls. It will play DVD movies, AND this morning I tried to rip one of my own cd's, did it fine, all 13 songs in normal quick time. The cd's I"m trying to rip are from the public library and have the security strips on them...
December 23rd 07 05:10 PM
by Tosh Go to last post

From The