Unknown connection for internet + Vista Home by Lisa T
I had internet explorer working but now moved to new location and cannot access the internet. I tried diagnostic & repair and making a new connection and both were unsuccessful. I attached another notebook and internet is working. Is there a way to detect a new network or create a new network from home on the Vista computer?
December 27th 07 08:53 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 112
graphics card upgrade to GeForce 8800 GT - mce won't work by asphaltsally
I have Vista Ultimate with AM2 Socket, AMD 4400+ dual core processor. I recently upgraded my graphics card from NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS to NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT XXX, and now when I try to watch live TV or record TV or watch shows recorded before the upgrade I get this error: "Video error; Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart Windows...
December 27th 07 08:39 PM
by asphaltsally Go to last post
4 165
Move able E:disk Need help by Simen Glømmen Ege
On My Computer it was a program that called Move able E:disk. Where i can start games and that stuff.. Now has it disipeard, and i can't run anny games anymore. Plz help me. Send answere on this e-mail adress :
December 27th 07 07:31 PM
by Simen Glømmen Ege Go to last post
0 118
Ipod and Itunes Problems by ableman2
Windows Vista Home, 30gig harddrive Ipod. If I plug in the IPOD it causes Itunes to freeze (stopped responding). Once I unplug the IPOD everything goes immediately back to normal. Thoughts? Sean
December 27th 07 06:57 PM
by Tony Go to last post
4 139
Computer won't start by Jade
( i am not sure if this is the right place to post this...) i downgraded my Vista to an xp a few days ago( due to compatibility reasons) and now it won't start. ( well, the computer boots, but when it reach this blank screen right before sign in, it just stuck there) i tried with a different booting disk/location, and it still won't work. so, any one with any ideas, just shout it out i ned all...
December 27th 07 05:57 PM
by Mac Go to last post
2 160
Vista freezes/locks up totally by Chocolate Eater
Hi, all. I've been having a problem now since the dawn of my Vista-days. Quite frankly, I'm getting kind of tired... Anyways. Especially during gaming, the computer totally freezes up, garbage is repeating from my speakers and nothing happens. No BSOD. All I can do is reset the hard way. I'm using NVidia 8800 GTS, but since this problem is appearing with all
December 27th 07 05:24 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post
3 129
My JVC GR-DVF 21U Mini-Digital camcordor. Vista won't recognize by ilhsm
I have used the correct cable and went to JVC site which is useless. I tried everything. Windows movie maker,DTI which came with my Acer laptop. no matter what I do My computer will not recognize my video camera for me to transfer video movies. Can anyone please help.IEEE 1394 Firewire Cable is the cable i used. thank you
December 27th 07 04:37 PM
by ilhsm Go to last post
0 89
Vista and SD Card Reader by ShutterMan
Just picked up a 2GB SD card, only to find out that Vista apparently isnt going to read it. It *may* read it from time to time, but normally it just sits there waiting. When I remove it, it stops its waiting process and asks me to insert a removable disk. Thing works fine on a 32MB and a 512MB SD card that I have. Any ideas on this one? A similar problem with Windows Mobile 6.1 - its hit or...
December 27th 07 02:12 PM
by ShutterMan Go to last post
2 160
i can't remove a direct access please help by carlitosmm
i can't remove a direct access it say me this element no longer this located...
December 27th 07 01:31 PM
by Malke Go to last post
1 136
Hardware log by THawk
Is there any log of hardware changes made on a machine, changing of CPU for instance?
December 27th 07 11:38 AM
by THawk Go to last post
0 106
OS for xbox 360 by John1018
will microsoft be making a windows XP or Vista for xbox 360 like the ps3 or will it stay as is??
December 27th 07 10:00 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 111
DVD Drive gone! by Inferno[_2_]
Today when i booted up I got a code 39 on my CD/DVD drivers. Where can i find new ones to download? -- Inferno
December 27th 07 01:12 AM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
7 109
How do I use the web cam? by web cam trouble how to start it
I don't know how to start the web cam on my laptop. It is built in, but I don't know how to turn it on. Can someone please help?
December 27th 07 01:00 AM
by web cam trouble how to start it[_2_] Go to last post
2 85
Computer Crashing Issue by samurai047
For sometime now, i have been having crashing issues that mainly arrise during games and the game will either: *freeze and just stay on the frozen image till i reset PC *Go to a "blue screen of death (BSOD)" saying: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA STOP 0x00000050 with the file/driver: "ntfs.sys" identified aswell as this BSOD:
December 26th 07 11:50 PM
by samurai047[_4_] Go to last post
6 111
Random Crashses by s.lledin
Hello all. My problem is that my computer has random crashes, random crashes meaning it can happen everyday at different times or sometimes just once a week. I've tried to see if it's a program (itunes, firefox, etc.) maybe causing the problem but it doesn't seem to be. When it crashes it goes to a blue screen saying it will restart in and it's pretty fast but still it's a problem.
December 26th 07 10:34 PM
by Dag Korsnes Go to last post
3 122
Fast Sleep and Resume by dnr
I am having trouble with Vista going into Fast Sleep unexpectedly. This is the situation: 1. I have an APC Battery Backup 2. It connects to my Vista desktop via USB 3. Sometimes when other USB devices turn on, Vista immediately goes into Fast Sleep mode. 4. This does not ever occur if the USB from the battery back-up is unplugged. 5. This occurs whether the APC drivers are enabled or not. So,...
December 26th 07 09:50 PM
by dnr Go to last post
0 96
Microsoft Basic USB Optical Mouse Problem with Vista Home Premium by tintin
Hi, I recently purchased one Microsoft Basic USB Optical mouse to use with my SONY VAIO VGN-FZ18L which is preloaded with Windows Vista Home Premium. But whenever I plug the mouse to any of the 3 usb ports of the system a dialog box appears saying " new hardware found", but then it looks for the mouse from the microsoft website and nothin happens. Then it asks for the device driver. i've...
December 26th 07 08:42 PM
by chrisd83w Go to last post
2 149
dell dimension e520 vista wont recognize drivers can you help by just me
spicificly im talking about a psp and digital camera if you have any solution it would be apreceated
December 26th 07 07:48 PM
by David B.[_2_] Go to last post
1 128
Vista wont recognize my USB device by Dean
For some reason when i plug in my USB dance pad vista tells me it can't recognize it and it shows up in the device manager as unknown device. This device does not come with drivers and does not need any it works fine when i plug it into a pc running Windows xp but it wont work on my Vista computer also i plugged in other usb devices in the same port and they work fine so i know it's not the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 26th 07 07:38 PM
by Dean Go to last post
11 232
Auto Play not working on my new computer by death
Hello, I just got a new computer for christmas: HP pavillion a6220.uk, I am running vista home premium 32bit which came with it. The problem im having is that the autoplay feature doesnt seem to be working, I insert my disc but the autoplay doesn't pop up, I can acsess the files from doing it manually (going to my computer etc) but I dont really like having to do this all the time. So if you know...
December 26th 07 05:35 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post

From The