  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Auto zooming after connecting to a projector by Mary
I'm sure there is a simple fix for this, but I just can't figure it out. I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I connected to a projector for the first time today and now anytime I go into IE or Word the display automatically zooms out as far as it can go. Plus the icons on my desktop are very large and when I click on the option to view them in classic size they go down to classic size then...
February 22nd 08 01:14 AM
by Mary Go to last post
0 188
Auto zooming after connecting to a projector by Mary
I'm sure there is a simple fix for this, but I just can't figure it out. I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I connected to a projector for the first time today and now anytime I go into IE or Word the display automatically zooms out as far as it can go. Plus the icons on my desktop are very large and when I click on the option to view them in classic size they go down to classic size then...
February 22nd 08 01:14 AM
by Mary Go to last post
0 101
auto-load color profile on startup by Man-wai Chang
How could I auto-load the gamma setting of my Nvidia card during Vi$ta start-up? -- iTech Consulting Services Limited Expert of ePOS solutions Website: http://www.itech.com.hk (IE only) Tel: (852)2325 3883 Fax: (852)2325 8288
April 12th 07 05:41 AM
by Man-wai Chang Go to last post
2 175
Automatic Device Backup by CiarĂ¡n McK
Is there any utility that will automatically backup an external device, such as a usb flash drive, to the hard drive.... perhaps as an autoplay option? Because that might relieve my constant paranoia that swathes of some gigantic essay I'm working on will be mercilessly obliterated before I remember to save. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to...
December 18th 07 02:04 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
1 135
automatic update drivers by Squibbly
how do i stop vista forcing the installation of its crummy wddm on my graphics card, i have tried numerous times to stop it, and now its getting on my goat of annoyance
February 11th 07 12:49 PM
by Byron Hinson Go to last post
5 162
Automatically Duplicate 2 Internal Drives by Don Cohen[_2_]
Hi, I am about to purchase a new Dell Vista 64-bit system. I originally intended to have a pair of 500gb to 640gb hard drives in a Raid 1 configuration, so I would have automatic duplication of both OS and data files. If one drive failed, I could just swap in the other, and be good to go. The particular system I'm looking at doesn't offer a Raid 1 configuration, only Raid 0. The system...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 13th 08 12:34 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
12 575
Automatically start a program at startup problem by Art
I am running Vista Home Premium. I have placed a shortcut to Outlook in the startup folder but Outlook does not automatically start when the computer is booted. Please help.
March 26th 07 04:47 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 109
AutoPlay by Kevin Arthur[_2_]
Hi, When I insert a new device (a flash drive, SD card, CD/DVD, etc.), Windows detects and installs the device, but doesn't display any AutoPlay window. I've checked the AutoPlay settings in the Control Panel, but AutoPlay is enabled and everything is set to the default. I tried setting a couple to specific actions, but still, nothing happened when I inserted the device. Any ideas? --...
January 20th 08 04:12 AM
by Kevin Arthur[_2_] Go to last post
0 126
Autoplay does not present CD burn dialog box by DWillett
Vista Home Premium - I place blank media in the CD/DVD drive - but I do not get the dialog box with the burn options. I get nothing. Same for blank CD and DVD. Even from the drive, selecting the "Open Autoplay" option I get nothing - no response at all. The media type is recognized - a "CD-R" symbol representing the media I am using shows up on the drive image.
March 3rd 07 07:09 AM
by housetrained Go to last post
1 226
AutoPlay Feature--Disable by rhyde
Is there a way, in Windows Vista, to disable the autoplay feature so that windows explorer does not open up displaying the contents of the external hard drive after each boot up.
March 7th 07 12:23 AM
by Ward Taylor Go to last post
6 181
Autoplay for Portable Devices by k1190
Autoplay for all devices was working perfectly fine on my first Vista install. A couple of days ago i decided to reformat and reinstall vista. Straight away when that finished i started applying SP1 and all other necessary updates. Autoplay still working fine. I connected my Zen MP3 and its autoplay dialougue opened as normal. Then a few days later, i tried connecting my camera to import. I...
January 3rd 09 07:59 AM
by atkinja88 Go to last post
3 217
Autoplay not working by tanuj_chadha[_8_]
Hi All, I am using windows vista home premium SP1. And whenever i put in a CD or a DVD in the DVD +/- rw. The auto play window would not longer appear. And the issue started 5 days ago when I re-installed windows (again). I have not installed any anti-virus software or anti spyware. Or any burning software. Its frustrating to open the disc through computer. I have checked the registry entries,...
September 9th 08 04:00 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 229
Autoplay-Broken for My Camera by y0himba
Hi! I am very impressed with the forums here so I thought I would risk public ridicule by asking about a problem I can't seem to fix. I have a Kodak Easyshare C643 Camera. It shows up in Autoplay as "C643 Zoom Digital Camera" and I have it set to "Ask Every Time". I have tried setting it to others in the drop down list, but no matter what I do, it will not autoplay. If I remove the SD card...
August 15th 08 01:32 AM
by y0himba[_3_] Go to last post
4 220
autorun by Windows media player stops win. explorer[_2_]
Hello!! When I put my removable device in the computer, the autorun doesn't work. This problem start recently. My OS is windows vista home premium. I've been change to "1" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom (regedit) but even so doesn't work. Please help me!!!
2 181
Autorun by pyroneil
I am working on a simply backup solution on a new dell with vista, I made a batch script that would simply use ROBOCOPY to automatically back up certain folders. I made an autorun.inf file that works fine on another computer to call this batch script, and the batch itself runs fine when called manually, but autorun refuses to work. I have tried many things to fix it. Additionally, when I...
July 10th 08 05:09 AM
by pyroneil Go to last post
1 136
Autorun dropdown options went missing by webdigr
Hi, I face a weird issue with my Vista Enterprise edition. Sometime back suddenly one day all the autorun settings disappeared from my system. When I checked the autorun defaults setting from the control panel I see that that dropdowns have gone blank completely. All the default options like "Open folder..", "Take no action", "Ask me everytime", etc. are simply wiped off... No more there!...
October 29th 09 02:03 AM
by webdigr Go to last post
0 127
Autorun not working for pendrive by xCaveman
Hi! everyone. I have this problem. Recently I installed VMWARE Workstation. I know that VMWARE disable the autorun feature for pen drive so I wasn't much concerned about it. But now I have uninstalled VMWARE but still the autorun for pen drive is not working:cry:. To resolve the problem I Disabled the Turn off autorun in Group Policy and enabled autorun in the control panel but still no luck....
May 27th 09 05:12 PM
by xCaveman Go to last post
0 279
autorun.inf no longer launches programs by Gene[_7_]
We have Vista Business 32-bit on a Dell Dimension E521. Autorun.inf files used to launch programs on CDs and a USB flash drive we use. One day this stopped working and I have not been able to figure out why. The Autoplay applet in Control Panel appears to be set correctly (Software and games = Install or run program). The same CDs and USB drive that do not work on the Vista desktop will...
May 8th 08 04:32 PM
by Gene[_7_] Go to last post
0 155
Avast - has anyone else experienced this? by Richard Urban
FOOD FOR THOUGHT I was talking to Western Digital today and they gave me an RMA to return a "defective" 1 gig hard drive that sounded like a garbage truck for the past 4-5 days. I could hear the drive in the next room while watching television. I'm glad to say I don't have to return the drive. Today I downloaded the beta of Microsoft Security Essentials for testing purposes. I uninstalled...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 09 01:57 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
21 699
avast antivirus..help please!! by Gui..
hi u guys!! huuhh first of all my windows isnt vista,is't XP,but i didnt find the right community for it so i decided to post here..if somebody knows,please answer me,it's important for me and my pc...READ IT I IMPLORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! today i was seeing some photos on google images..everyone know that on google the images are little,then we gotta click the photos to enlarge them... well i...
April 20th 08 07:39 PM
by RJB Go to last post

From The