Plantronics 320 BT Headset by Shrink
Hi folks - I just paired my Plantronics BT headset with my laptop running vista ultimate and was asked for a driver. As far as I know, there is no driver needed for this headset and Plantronics doesn't offer any driver downloads. Even without the driver, a pairing was created but I am unable to use the headset as microphone in any applications and it is not recognized as an audio device in...
March 9th 07 10:58 PM
by Shrink Go to last post
2 161
IDE ATA/ATAPI controler included in Vista and Harddrive in HP by GT
HP PC, P4 2.8ghz HT, 1.5gb pc2700, 160GB IDE hard drive 7200 RPM, ATI 9550 256mb agp 8x ATA Channel Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controlers -24D1 Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controlers -24DB Vista included driver on this controlers is causing my harddrive to make some annoying sounds. I reinstalled XP and the annoying sound is gone. This
March 9th 07 10:21 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
5 157
problem with connect my old hard drive to new comp w/ vista by Joseph
time back when i have my xp w/ sp2 my WD hard drive works fine, able to just plug it in and works and now im trying to connect it to my new comp it doesnt seems going to work plz help me out or mayb some possible problem will be helpful too thx
March 9th 07 08:35 PM
by David B. Go to last post
1 164
Do USB Flash Drives have to be safely removed in Vista? by Michael
Somewhere along the line (probably XP SP2) windows made it possible to quickly remove USB flash drives without actually requiring to click on the "Safely Remove Hardware" Icon. Does this still exist in Vista? Because when I just pull out my flash drive, next time I plug it in, it asks me to scan for errors. It never finds any, but it is quite annoying.
March 9th 07 07:25 PM
by Michael Go to last post
0 177
Vista Likes to turn off internal hard drive by Hating Vista Already
Vista keeps liking to lose my other internal hard drive it will be there, then the next minute it will disappear of it's not being accessed. Any ideas? This is my last straw with this. If no help with my 26 of 26 problem this time, I'm going back to XP. I never had this many problems since windows 95.
March 9th 07 06:47 PM
by CPU Killer Go to last post
3 160
FAT to NTFS not working in Vista by Mykal
I try to run the conversion program in the command prompt to convert my hard drive from FAT to NTFS and it tells me the drive is already an NTFS partitioned hard drive. The western digital progrma I have which analyzes my hard drive tells me its in FAT 16, and it makes sense since Vista won't let me access it at all. I need some advice, The info on the drive is important. Somebody please.....
March 9th 07 04:24 PM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
8 160
ATA Channel 0 problem by yurymetelski
After I installed recommended (!) update of NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller yesterday I do not have any devices listed under ATA Channel 0 and the DMA is not enabled anymore (the checkbox isn't even there). It used to shows DMA enabled with Ultra DMA Mode 5. What does it mean? Why is my harddrive not listed there and not showing DMA enabled? What implications does it have for my...
March 9th 07 03:01 PM
by koze Go to last post
4 154
3D Flip by Grant
Hello Group, I just installed Vista business on a new Dell with a Radeon X1300 w/256mem. 3d window flip is not working. Anyone have this issue and if so.. How do I turn it on? Thanks Grant
March 9th 07 01:39 PM
by David Creelman Go to last post
5 154
Sigmatel HD Audio--mic isn't detected--V Ultimate by Carol in GA
Intel's troubleshooting isn't updated for Vista so I'm trying here. Rebuilt my computer last year for Vista using a D945Pvs motherboard that has onboard Sigmatel HD audio. the speakers work just fine, but it's not detecting the microphone at all. So far, I had to uninstall the sound and installed the driver from Intel for it instead of the one that Vista offers. Note that Intel's site said...
March 9th 07 12:35 PM
by Carol in GA Go to last post
0 140
ATI ALL IN WONDER ISSUES by thxheynow
I was able to get the video driver but no ALL IN WONDEr tv tuners work on vista. According to ati its a microsoft issue....anyone have any clue when this will be corrected? that part of the card sits with a question mark on my deivce manager. thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 07 11:53 AM
by thxheynow Go to last post
12 365
IBM (Hitachi) Microdrive on 64-bit Ultimate by [email protected]
Just bought an HP9225 Pavillion, 64-bit AMD Turion, 2GB RAM. Vista Ultimate does not recognize the microdrive when placed in the CFII slot. Drive is operational. Is there any hope of getting Vista to read this drive?
March 9th 07 11:46 AM
by C.Skaggs Go to last post
1 189
Windows Mobile Center installation breaks plug and play by Gabriel
Hello, I dont know if any one ever experience the strange issue I had: I have installed Vista Utimate on a brand new computer. Every is working nicely. Usb drivers are in place. If I connect a USB memory key, it is recognized immediately. I also have a memory card reader plugged on an usb port that is working straight from Vista installation. Then I install Windows Mobile Device. I grab it...
March 9th 07 09:38 AM
by Gabriel Go to last post
0 178
HP Scanjet 5P by Carlos Sánchez
Hello, Despues to obtain that "Vista Windows x86 and x64" recognized my SCSI this sees that 5p has a connected device concretely is a "HP Scanjet" and identifies it like "HP C5110A SCSI Processor Device", gustaria know to me if somebody has been able to make work and mount drivers for this device of which, at the moment I do not want to undo.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 9th 07 08:29 AM
by Charlotte Go to last post
27 692
Will graphic card improved DVD creations task and free up the CPU. by GT
Will a graphic card improved DVD creations or free up the CPU from working too hard? or does the CPU do all the task. Is Ati Radeon 9550 256mb capable of handling such task or do i need a better card like Ati X1300? I'm asking this because i have a TV/FM PCI tuner/capture card/hardware MPEG-2 encoder that died today and now I'm left with just Ati Radeon 9550 256mb agp 8x.
March 9th 07 05:18 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 260
Vista keeps asking for driver for scanner by Phil
I got a new Canon Lide600f scanner, and loaded the drivers. Said that the drivers wouldnt work, go to canon.com, did, got drivers, loaded, working.... Now - every time I boot up Vista demands drivers for "unknown device" I try to select "do not do this again", or whatever the bottom one is, but it wont. It just crashes and I have to close it the long way round. How to get it to stop ?
March 9th 07 01:08 AM
by Don Go to last post
6 153
Vista and Home Automation by wieczors
Good Afternoon: We're building a home and in the process of researching options for home automation. We are planning on purchasing a computer with Windows Vista. Has anyone installed a multi-zone audio system and connected it to Windows Vista? If so, can you offer some suggestions/advice! Thanks and have a great day!
March 8th 07 11:16 PM
by wieczors Go to last post
0 116
audio chatter by craig
Ok. Dell XPS1210 Vista Ultimate,clean install,updated all drivers. As soon as I turn the wireless card on the sound starts stuttering on any audio, even windows start up does. 2ghz processor. 2mb ram Ran Vista Beta for four months with no problem. Bought the retail version and this started happening -- craig
March 8th 07 10:32 PM
by craig Go to last post
0 122
Vista & Hardware by Leela
How does vista and the hardware relate to each other? I recently purchased a laptop that had Vista preloaded, but it's not quite working out for me, so I want a laptop with XP. Can I reformat this Vista machine and rebuild with XP? I have a feeling I cannot, and that the hardware is involved somehow. If I buy an new laptop with XP (if I can find one), how will I know if it is Vista...
March 8th 07 10:20 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 130
Adaptec SCSI drivers by nsag
Has anyone gotten Adaptecs Vista drivers for SCSI cards to work? Vista does not recognize the drivers on my machine and Adaptec does not respond to inquiries.
March 8th 07 10:20 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 142
CD/DVD ROM by Slayer40
I recently istalled Windows Vista Home Premium on my new PC I built and now every time I put a cd or dvd in their repective drives nothing happens. And before anyone says it yes I have autorun turned on. if I open MY computer the bar at the top starts populating it gets to the x and stops and will sit there for hours. Can anyone help or give me any idea what the problem is and how to fix...
March 8th 07 09:10 PM
by Slayer40 Go to last post

From The