extra 1gb added by Squibbly
i tried to add 1gb more to my 2gb of ram, it just either went to the logo where the bar was going continually scrolling across the bottom of the screen, i then went to the repair screen, and all it said was that it was caused by the installation of new hardware/software, so to my fustration i took out the 1 gb more after i had restarted again, it works, could it be the ram or something vista...
March 4th 07 09:28 PM
by Squibbly Go to last post
9 281
added more ram now windows vista is deactivaded by BILL D.
hi i install another gig of ram in my pc and vista says i have three days to activate! i have a legal copy of oem windows vista ultimate with a legal licsene key that came with the box, when i try ta activate online it says the key is already in use, it is my key, so why did it deactivate when i installed more ram?please help thanks
March 4th 07 08:50 PM
by BILL D. Go to last post
2 226
Is there CD/DVD burning program that works with VISTA already by The Puma
What is a good working CD/DVD authoring program that works with VISTA?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 4th 07 08:08 PM
by Brian Go to last post
12 380
Logging on and password required by Randall Lewis
HP sent me instructions on how to get my wireless printer working with Vista Ultimate. I am the only user of this machine and did not set up accounts, only gave the computer a name as required. The network wizard Add a Printer feature found my HP printer but when I click to install it, I am asked to logon and give the password to my computer. I didn't set a log on or password but every...
March 4th 07 08:02 PM
by Randall Lewis Go to last post
0 256
Nero essential 7.0 in Vista Home Basic by Jerry Wong
I have bought a LiteOn DVD writer bundled with Nero. However, the software cannot be installed in Vista (it is rejected saying incompatible with the OS). Any solutions? -- Jerry Wong http://www.geocities.com/jerrywong.geo ¦ý§Ú*Ì·Ó¥LªºÀ³³\¡B ¬ß±æ·s¤Ñ·s¦a¡A¦³¸q©~¦b¨ä¤¤¡C(©¼«á3:13)
March 4th 07 07:59 PM
by Rafal Kubiak Go to last post
6 256
Video Card question by Lee Collison
Here is what I want to do. I have a perfectly good computer that has a lot of data on it, but the problem is I have a 200 Watt power supply. I can not upgrade the power supply per the hardware vendor, so what I am wondering is the following: Is there a 256 MB AGP (or PCI) video that will work with a 200 Watt power supply that will allow me to use AERO features or Vista? My computer does...
March 4th 07 03:36 PM
by Lee Collison Go to last post
6 309
Renaming Optical Drives (as shown in "My Computer")? by Peter
As the header says. There's a script written by Kelly Theriot for XP. Anything similar for Vista? -- Peter Toronto, Canada XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate P4 HT @ 3.00ghz, 4.0gb RAM, 700gb HDD
March 4th 07 01:37 PM
by Peter Go to last post
0 235
Help with my Samsung 913t LCD monitor, please ... by Gerry
My monitor will not set up properly ... all I can set is 640 by 480 pixel resolution and Medium (16 bit) colors. Does anyone know where I can get a driver that Vista supports?
March 4th 07 01:36 PM
by Malke Go to last post
8 327
Event Viewer: ACPI error....need help please by Walter Cohen
I have a clean Vista Home Pro install on a new Biostar TForce 6100-939 mobo. I cannot get ACPI and hibernate/sleep to work as far as waking the system up using either keyboard or mouse...but that's another problem. Ever since I installed Vista last week I daily get at least 5 ACPI error events and I could use some help in diagnosing the error. Maybe this might even be related as to why I...
March 4th 07 01:29 PM
by George Go to last post
8 304
SATA and SATA II interface by Jdr
It's silly question, but haven't seen SATA II yet. Is there any physical difference between SATA and SATAII connectors? Is SATA cable compatible with SATAII? TIA Jdr
March 4th 07 09:29 AM
by Jdr Go to last post
5 224
First UAC secure desktop prompt not so smooth on Ati Radeon 9550. by GT
First UAC secure desktop prompt is not so smooth in Ati Radeon 9550. During the first UAC prompt triggered by me my monitor completely get black and blank nothing is showing, pauses for 1-2 second and then it shows the UAC box prompt. The blank, black screen also shows when logging off and logging on. Has anyone experience this on Ati Radeon 9550 or any graphic card? I had Ati Radeon 9200...
March 4th 07 09:09 AM
by BillD Go to last post
1 208
Megasky 580 Driver by Martin
Has anyone managed to get a MSI megasky 580 Mini (USB2) working ? all i need is the driver so I can use media center in Ultimate Martin
March 4th 07 06:32 AM
by Martin Go to last post
2 207
System Requirments by KDenton
This has got to be somewhere on Microsoft's site, but I have searced high and low and can't find the answer. I would like to know what is recommended (on a new system) to run Vista in a home environment. Also, if I have Office 2007 on this new system and my office is using Office 2002, are they compatible? In other words, if I receive an attachment in an email from my office done in Word...
March 4th 07 03:51 AM
by Andrew Murray Go to last post
4 218
FYI - Vista won't restart afterinstalling an Astra 6400 scanner by Rich
After trying to install the 376f XP software for my Umax Astra 6400 flatbed scanner Windows Vista won't restart. I had to reload Vista as no restore point was made to undo in Safe-Mode. Nothing I tryed worked.
March 4th 07 03:39 AM
by Rich Go to last post
0 188
Windows Vista, nVidia & Media Issues by Jason
I'm having a problem with my PC since installing Windows Vista (Ultimate 64-bit). It seems there are serious issues with media playback, so much so that whenever I try to watch a video my system dies, whenever I try to run the performance evaluator and the system gets to media playback evaluation, it dies and whatever I try to burn video to DVD, the system dies. Sometimes I get lucky and...
March 4th 07 02:42 AM
by Mark Go to last post
5 205
Geforce Series 5000 driver by Mauricio
Is there any driver for vista? I have fx5900xt and using microsoft provided drivers. I thing nvidia support from 6 to 8 series.
March 4th 07 02:21 AM
by pvdg42 Go to last post
6 227
Vista, Sleep, and nVidia by Steve Jain
I installed the new nVidia 101.41 drivers today and intial test indicate that sleep/hibernate is working! I am a bit cautious, because I did get this to work ONCE before with some non-reproducable combination of drivers. -- Cheers, Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP http://vpc.essjae.com/
March 4th 07 01:34 AM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
3 204
Advance tools and performance issue: warning by GT
P4 2.8ghz HT, 1.5gb, 160gb, Ati 9550 256mb agp 8x. I open up Advanced tools and notice below Performance issues that it displayed a warning icon with message Performance can be improved by changing visual settings. View details. I look at the details and a window pop up with a message: Adjust visual setting to improve peformance The current visual setting might not result in the best...
March 4th 07 01:16 AM
by GT Go to last post
0 199
Palm - Active Sync by JMSFMTEX
Will VISTA sync with my Palm?
March 4th 07 12:00 AM
by Robert Gustafson Go to last post
6 280
New Motherbaord and Videocard by Martin Racette
Hi, I change my motherboard from an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe to a Foxconn C51XEM2AA, so that my Geforce 8800GTS would work So far I got about half of the problem fix, I can now boot the installation from the DVD, when it start from the HDD, I get a quick BSOD, and then it reboot. I tried to use my old VideoCard, 6600GT, so that I could uninstall the video
March 3rd 07 10:06 PM
by pete Go to last post

From The