  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
HDD wipe utility shareware ? by Wonderman
I'm looking for a good and free HDD wipe utility I can run from its own boot CD. I'm donating a HDD and dont want and cant have the data on the drive after it leaves my hands. TIA.
October 13th 07 12:49 PM
by Ace Go to last post
5 364
no bootable disks after restart - BIOHD-3 error by ann_mac
was trying to copy data from a dvd to external usb when pc hung - i tried to cancel the copy but it was unresponsive - i removed the disc and it displayed an error saying no cd in drive so tried to cancel again but nothing so i selected restart from menu - error was still on screen when it shut down and external drive was still atached - pc tried to start up but display dropped back to a flashing...
October 6th 08 10:05 PM
by ann_mac Go to last post
7 364
LG GSA-H62N (SATA) won't burn CD-R by NormCameron
I am having some trouble with my LG GSA-H62N Super Multi DVD Burner (SATA). It burns DVD's flawlessly, reads DVD and CD, but refuses to recognise a Blank CD-R disk (I've tried a number of different brands. I've updated firmware to CL01 to no avail. DVDINFO says it can read and WRITE CD-R's. Any ideas?. Could it be the SATA port - I also have 4 320gb Samsung SATA H/Drives. I've checked the...
August 23rd 08 06:19 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
6 364
Vista Locking Up by Nharri
I Recently put together a new cpu, using Vista Home Premium 64-Bit. But for some reason the system keeps randomly locking up in 10-20 min intervals that I have to restart the system every time. Also when I try to install Vista 64 bit SP1 at the end of installation it tells me there is an internal error. Is this simply a case of bad Ram or something more?? Here is the system specs. -AMD...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 10th 08 03:40 AM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
10 364
Random freezes by tyler
I can barely use my windows vista, since mostly it will freeze while doing random things... the screen almost looks hilighted and the mouse will do the loading animation with the circle thing... it then will let me move the mouse around and maybe click on one or m,ore thing, but basically itll sit there for hours if i let it... this happens randomly... sometimes itll happen right away when i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 27th 08 01:08 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
13 364
help with assistive settings in vista for a trackball by albert
I trust this is the group to ask -- if not, please do let me know where to try next. I have Windows XP, so I cannot answer this by examining my own machine. I am teaching an 80+ year old to use her computer. The intellectual part of the process she is quite good with, but has some fine motor problems in controlling her mouse . I think a trackball would be much better for her.
September 17th 09 04:36 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
3 363
Stupid double tap on the touchpad...make it stop! Help, anyone? by EnkaiNami
I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista, and I have no real complaints about it except this %^#*ing 'double tap' thing being double click. I can't stand it. I've accidentally clicked on countless things over the past two days (I just got this laptop). Yet I can find no way to edit it. Help? I'm about ready to chuck this thing out a window because it's so frustrating. I downloaded Synaptics,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 09 05:29 AM
by nameless Go to last post
17 363
bluescreen prblem need your help asp by ehsan
Hi I bought a laptop a few days ago and I install some application on it. I use internet download manager (IDM) to download things when I am downloading this bluescreen occur. My computer description:
February 23rd 10 07:11 PM
by ehsan Go to last post
0 363
Nvidia 5600 by Ghosty
First of all Sorry for my english ^^ If any of you have the time to help me it woud be great because here is the problem i have a Nvidia Gforce 5600 256mb (agp) and it just won't work proper under windows vista ultimate 32bit version. I tried alot of drivers even unofcial once(*23 versions of drivers*) and stil no luck to instal the card succecfull
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 07 12:40 AM
by Tony Go to last post
13 363
Intelli wireless keyboard & mouse by Alice
Now that the final Vista drivers are out, I was surprised to find that the screensaver and power options still (e.g. Sleep) do not start at the time set. It was mentioned as an issue in the beta drivers but no word on this problem in the final version. The KB mentions it in relation to PowerDVD but since I don't have that software, it does not apply. Anyone else having this issue and / or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 18th 07 02:35 PM
by Scottie11 Go to last post
23 363
silicon image 3132 controller by dimitris_greece
hi i have the motherboard k8n diamond plus and i have raid 0 my question is will windows vista support the sil 3132 controller ? because it's a new operating system and to my opinion it's a mistake not support chipsets that are already in the market and as a user i must run to find a driver and to compromise no to have raid 0 it's in the rc1 version and i am worried about it
October 12th 06 01:09 AM
by Brad Go to last post
3 362
USB Support by Paul Smith
Am using release version of Vista Ultimate. It doesn't recognize my 1Gb USB memory stick or my Belkin 7 port USB hub. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help - Paul.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 30th 07 03:56 PM
by Steven Weisman Go to last post
11 362
STOP: 0x00000124 happens randomly when I play Sims 2 by vovillia
I got a new computer about 3 weeks ago, and for the past 2, I get the STOP: 0x00000124 as few seconds after the computer freezes on me when I play the Sims 2 game, I notice sometimes right before I suspect the computer to crash when I play the game is that I hear a tone that one of my devices would shut off, and all of a sudden the computer goes really slow and then freezes and half the time, I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 15th 09 08:29 PM
by yvert89 Go to last post
11 362
My window did not recognize my mouse,pleas by Quietzzz
I bought my new mouse last week (Verbatim, laser mouse for notebook). When i pluged to my notebook, it did not recognized with my window. I'm using window vista 64 sp2. I already installed a driver and reinstalled too, also try in another USB. That are stills can not make the window recognize my mouse. Please help me... Thx. -- Quietzzz
December 29th 09 10:09 AM
by JoHubb Go to last post
2 361
Need a RealTek RTL8187 driver (Vista RC1 64 bit) by Louis
Hello, I have a asus motherboard which the realtek chip onboard. On the realtek site I found an installable driver, however the correspondig utility can not be installed : Also note that under XP the actual driver utility combination, is unusable to me sincer it does not support WPA2 with AES + TKIP. So hopefully someware there is a working beta.
September 3rd 07 07:27 PM
by BrianEtter[_2_] Go to last post
8 361
Nvidia graphics driver bug by formerprof
The nVidia graphics driver (96.86) distributed with Vista 32 RTM works properly on my system. The driver released yesterday (97.46) as well as the "RC2" driver (96.85) which was on nVidia's web site until yesterday both fail when I resume from monitor "power-down." The power to the monitor is restored, but the screen shows nothing but a light blue color with thin white diagonal lines. It's...
January 9th 07 01:04 PM
by formerprof Go to last post
5 361
Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible? by DaleTango
Basically my DVD/CD drive will not boot. It says the drivers and are installed and the actual drive is working fine(checked by repairman) So I go into Device Manager and under DVD/CD-ROM drives it has.. FT6053C JRI645X SCSI CdRom Device PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17 ATA Device and each has a little yellow exclamation mark infront, when clicked on it comes up saying.."Windows cannot load the device...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 09 02:47 AM
by mikey1two Go to last post
10 361
Ready Boost missing in action? by Programatix
Hi, I'm installed Vista on my laptop (no driver for the smart battery, so Vista does not recognize it as a mobile PC). Anyway, I found out that after several times of hibernate and suspend, Ready Boost will suddenly stop working. When this happens, the Property box of the drive, the Ready Boost tab will be missing. Attempting to stop the Ready Boost service will make Ready Boost to be in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 9th 07 10:24 PM
by Programatix Go to last post
15 361
Vista Ultimate on Dell Inspiron 9300 by Ty
I recently installed Vista Ultimate on my Dell Inspiron 9300 and have had only two problems. 1.)My headphone jack works but the speakers don't. 2.)Vista compatible Nvidia 6600 go driver. I have installed the sound drivers numerous times (vista and xp versions) but nothing seems to work. Is there something I'm missing to get my speakers working. I have also tried to use the dell diag cd but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 15th 07 03:46 PM
by R. C. White, MVP Go to last post
14 360
Lightscribe DVD SATA drive by Lang Murphy
I'm looking at a Lite-On LH-20A1L-06 DVD SATA drive with Lightscribe... since I already have two internal SATA hard drives, I guess I'd have to buy another SATA card to utilize the SATA DVD drive. The drive specs only list SATA as the interface. I'd guess that probably means it's SATA gen 1 with 1.5Gb/s throughput. Is that a safe assumption to make or might Lightscribe technology require...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 19th 07 05:42 AM
by Lang Murphy Go to last post

From The