Mouse goes nuts - but only when drag/selecting by Bill
Using a Logitech 300 wireless dektop with the "Cordless click" mouse and RC1 Driver is installed and everything works fine including enhanced functions like sideways wheel clicking. But if I try to select text, the mouse seems to go hypersensitive and will go between selecting the last x characters and selecting the last xx lines. Even holding it steady has it bouncing the selected text...
September 16th 06 06:35 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 260
help me! by Bill
Hi AppleG5. I had the same prob with my Acer T180 with Vista Home Premium. Go to support sight http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/kb/314060 When the site opens, print the pages off and then follow the instructions on the page, which will tell you how to get into the registry and delete the Upper and Lower Filter, which is causing the drive not to work. It sure worked for me. --...
October 8th 07 04:03 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 142
CD Writing by Bill
Hi I am having problems with Vista home premium and my CD writer. every time I try to write a CD I get a message saying "Windows cannot format this Disk" I have tried different disks with the same result Anybody any ideas? Thanks Bill
February 1st 08 03:43 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 99
graphics card problems by bill
Hi, I currently have a sony vaio laptop with a Nvidia Geforce Go 6200 graphics card. When I upgraded to Vista I began having problems playing games, many told me that I only have 32 mb of dedicated memory to my graphics card. However, initially in XP the video card had 128 mb of dedicated memory. Is this simply a driver issue? If so what driver might I be able to installed that would fix...
April 1st 07 05:04 AM
by dingo Go to last post
5 131
CD Writer Vista Home Premium by Bill
I am having problems writing CD's I get a message saying "Windows cannot format disk" I have tried different types of disk but same problem Any ideas?
February 5th 08 04:06 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 111
Unbootable Hard Drive by Bill
I fried my hard drive last week. Dell has already installed a replacement drive. My question is that the os will not recognize the old drive at all. Like an idiot I forgot to backup my files. Is there a workaround? The disk drive does not even show up in the recovery function.
December 31st 08 10:21 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
4 275
Unable to make PnP error messages go away by Bill
I had some problems with USB drivers. I repaired the drivers and they all work fine, except when I start up my computer, I sill get the found new hardware message and asking me to install the driver software. I click on the close window "x" but it keeps appearing for 5 or 6 times before it gives up. Everything works fine from then on. But when I restart the computer I keep getting the...
September 22nd 07 08:56 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 112
Ultra Nav by Bill 9092
Just upgraded to Vista with all system upgrades on this machine(IBM Z60m). For some reason I lost the Ultra Nav tab in the Mouse window (Control Panel) and all Touch Pad funtions. Have to use mouse to get around. Anyone know how to get the Touch Pad working again? -- Bill 9092
December 12th 07 08:46 PM
by David B.[_2_] Go to last post
1 170
HP Laserjet 5MP on Parallel Port? by Bill Cohagan
I've just installed Vista Ultimate and am unable to get my LJ 5MP to work. It's on a parallel port. When I try to print a test page it just says "Error" in the printer queue window with no additional info. Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot? TIA, Bill
December 19th 06 07:06 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
4 193
added more ram now windows vista is deactivaded by BILL D.
hi i install another gig of ram in my pc and vista says i have three days to activate! i have a legal copy of oem windows vista ultimate with a legal licsene key that came with the box, when i try ta activate online it says the key is already in use, it is my key, so why did it deactivate when i installed more ram?please help thanks
March 4th 07 08:50 PM
by BILL D. Go to last post
2 226
Vista Ultimate and USB Devices by Bill Davis Jr
I have some usb devices that I would like to know if they will work under Vista Ultimate. Usb devices a Wacom Intuos2 graphics tablet Palm T|X PDA and/or Cradle kit Sandisk Imagemate 12-in-1 Also are there any USB hubs that support an mp3 player and above
October 26th 07 09:41 PM
by tstr14 Go to last post
2 109
Usb Hub's by Bill Davis Jr
I have an Asus P5B-Deluxe running Vista Ulitmate 32bit. I am running out of Usb ports so I went to my local retail shop and purchased a powered 2.0 Usb Hub. I plug the usb hub into a port that is directly on the motherboard. Vista says the device is installed correctly. I plug my Sandisk memory disk reader as per instruction. Samething Vista says it has been installed correctly. So I instered a...
June 9th 07 07:16 PM
by Don Go to last post
2 204
Using Windows Dialer with VoIP Software by Bill Farina
I have a couple of programs that I need to have dial my phone by accessing the Windows Dialer. I'm using Windows Vista as my OS. Both of these programs are VoIP related... MagicJack and Skype. Both of these packages have a "SoftPhone". My problem is that the Windows Dialer only sees the onboard modem. Is there a way to get it to see the softphone software, either by configuration or by some...
April 21st 09 05:54 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 208
USB Mass Storage by Bill George
Vista Ultimate Seagate 500GB USB2 Drive Where you can see the drive: Drive shows-up under disk drives in Device Manager (working). You can see it (sans drive designation (i.e. "D:," etc.)) in the "Safely Remove Hardware" area. You can even see it as an "unallocated" drive in the lower pane of the "Disk Management" utility.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 07 05:35 AM
by Bill George Go to last post
16 390
Stripped volume goes "Offline" permanently after a reboot by Bill Griffin
I spend 2 hours on the phone this morning with the Vista team of Microsoft Customer Support and the end result was "talk to Dell or Seagate". So I'm hoping that some of you other MSFT support folks have some info or know of someone that I can contact to get this working right. I've got a three-disk stripped set that is permanently "Offline" and will not come back using "Reactivate Disk" in...
April 17th 07 03:08 AM
by Bill Griffin Go to last post
0 187
Missing CDE or DVD drive fix idea by Bill Hill
My drive went missing. Since then, I spent 2 weeks banging my head on the problem. Maybe you heard... So, I gave up tinkering with a failed Vista Home Prem x64 install, and started re-installling. My MB was ASUS P5K, my KB was MS Media Pro, mouse was MS Notebook wireless Optical, my video card ASUS Nvidia 8500GT. I finally fixed it, here's how: GIVE UP on the JMicron 363 Vista 64bit...
October 8th 07 12:51 AM
by Bill Hill Go to last post
1 117
Missing DVD/CD drives? Here's a clue. Let's beat this by teamwork! by Bill Hill
So you have trouble with your optical drive. The knee-jerk response is "fix the filters dummy" right? (KB929461) If you see no CD/DVD in Device Manager or My Computer, and Windows Update doesn't help, try this: While in REGEDT, same key, change the value of the last 2 items (SilentInstall is one) from 1 to 0. Turns out, it forces the DVD driver operation into the open. Then Control Panel,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 3rd 07 07:05 PM
by Booe G[_2_] Go to last post
10 208
DVD drives are STILL disappearing, Microsoft... by Bill Hill
Fresh new PC, loaded OEM Vista Home Premium from DVD drive, Plextor PX-800A. Install went swimmingly. I ran Windows Update, now my DVD drive is gone from My Computer, does not appear in Device Manager. The System Event Log shows the cdrom driver didn't load; no clue is given about why. Changed the cable, tried cable select, changed the drive for another new one. No luck.
October 3rd 07 08:03 AM
by Bill Hill Go to last post
5 115
SD Memory Card driver by Bill Holland
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell E1505 with builtin SD Host Adapter. If I boot with an SD card installed I can use it fine. However, if I remove it and later insert it or another one I cannot access the SD card. Device Manager shows a yellow triangle with ! on the SD Memory Card under disk drives. Checking properties shows: Windows cannot load the device driver for this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 21st 07 02:54 PM
by Bill Holland Go to last post
10 232
thanks for not answering question#2 by Bill Kearney
You're a real ass. Ask the questions and wait. It's possible nobody knows the answer. Or, more likely, they know what a flake you are and refuse to help. You don't mention what make/model laptop is being used, therefore it's not possible to give a decent answer. Ask a decent question (without being such an ass) and maybe then you'll get a decent answer. When using external displays...
December 21st 09 04:29 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post

From The