  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Keyboard keys not doing what their meant to by minotar
Hey, I have the vista premium 64bit (only 2 days old) and the keyboard keys have gone mental. They replace shortcuts and after a reboot the non-working/"bad" keys change so its a different set of letters. Sometimes F will open find computer while other times it wont,and sometimes L will lock the pc while other times it wont. Ive unistalled,reinstalled,updated the drivers. Restored the system to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 14th 09 09:57 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
14 349
Battery plugged in, not charging by pigeon-wing
I'm running Windows Vista on a Gateway NX570X laptop. About a year after I bought it, it slid off the table and bent the connecter for the original AC adapter, so I bought a new adapter online. It's an off-brand adapter, but the voltage outputs and inputs are the same as my old adapter, and it charged the battery fine for about two months. Then the battery started charging halfway and then less...
May 21st 09 12:43 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
4 349
WUSB54GC incompatable? by FeArDaFiSh
hey guys, i just bought a system with 64bit windows vista, and i have a WUSB54GC wireless network adapter. I know on the linksys site the drivers for it are for 32bit vista, but they have nothing yet for the 64bit. Ive tried using the ralink and even the driver mrsmith made for x64 but none of them seem to work. I called linksys tech support and they simply told me that the WUSB54GC was not...
November 11th 08 06:20 PM
by FeArDaFiSh Go to last post
5 349
Scanner Problem by Mickey Mouse
My scanner (CanoScan FB 630U) won't run/install on Vista Premium, incompatible drivers. Although I might get it to work using Vuescan, I'd like to know whether you can get Vista to run in XP mode for incompatible software. My scanning is very infrequent so can't really justify the price for Vuescan. Mickey
August 11th 08 10:45 PM
by Mickey Mouse Go to last post
2 349
Some extended keys (Calculator) do not work on Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard under Vista (32 bit) by DejanVesic
Hello. I have Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard; it works great under XP Professional on same machine (it is dual-boot machine) but some of keys (very important, Calculator key for example) does not work under Vista Enterprise 32 bit. Details about configuration: OS: Vista Enterprise 32 bit with all latest Windows Update patches
August 11th 08 09:45 PM
by BJT256 Go to last post
4 348
Hardware fails to install by Fish-Man
Hi, I have 2 problems, (which are probably permission issues, and I believe to be related) that I can't resolve, and I am hoping that someone can help me. 1. If I right click the desktop and choose Personalise, I get an error box with: ::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4BFE-8F11-A626DCB6A921}
July 14th 09 01:04 PM
by Fish-Man Go to last post
4 348
Vista ratings. by Reon & Corrina Hocking
I have just installed Vista Home Premium, have a Radeon 256mb agp card, Vista drivers etc, etc, but for some reason, Vista has rated my graphics performance at 1...How do I improve this? I have updated everything.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 07 12:59 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
11 348
Connecting an old hard drive to a new computer by Jim in Spokane
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices I have a new eMachine D620-5133, Model No. MS2257, which is made by Acer. The operating system is Window Vista Home Basic SP-1 and it has a 32-bit operating system. I am trying to connect the hard drive from my old Dell with Windows 98 to my new computer. The old hard...
May 19th 09 10:46 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
9 348
Memory installation by bughaters
I have Windows Vista Basic 32 bit Dell Inspiron 531s. My phsical memory is depending on what applications I am currently running is around 80%. It is recommended that I add 2GB's memory. How easy is installation and at what cost? -- bughaters
November 30th 08 09:07 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 348
Dual Monitors Problem Help Request by George Trakker
I have a VISTA laptop and I've attached an additional monitor to allow for more desktop space. I've set them two monitors up with 1 as the laptop display and 2 as the adjacent flatscreen. The laptop screen is listed as the main screen, but the desktop icons move onto the adjacent monitor. If this extra monitors isn't on I don't have any of my desktop icons. ? What can I do to keep my desktop...
November 8th 08 02:03 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
3 348
No Audio Device Installed . . . and Video. by ragu
What a mess! Windows Vista automatic updates kicked in 3 days ago on my Gateway. Since then, I have no audio and my video works at 1/4 pace. I've tried reinstalling the audio and video drivers (Sigma Tel, ATI, ADI High Def, etc.) multiple times from both Microsoft and Gateway using all the trouble shooting information I can find. Properties states the audio is working properly, but the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 08 04:14 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
10 348
trying to reinstall the coprocessor by leanna
i have a laptop hp pavilion dv6000 and somebody had deleted everything at one time and i got most of it back but im having trouble reinstalling the coprocessor and if anyone can help please get back to me. thank you very much -- leanna m martin
March 19th 08 08:54 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
9 348
Testing System Heat (GPU & HD) by Dustin Harper
Speedfan works like a charm. There are even sidebar gadgets that go with it. http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php -- Dustin Harper http://www.vistarip.com --
June 20th 07 05:38 PM
by Pete138 Go to last post
2 347
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A Reading/Recording Problem by abel
The exact Disc Drive is a Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A SCSI CdRom Device. The computer is from Gateway Model: GT5628 I recently had to do a fresh install of Windows Vista because for some reason my DVDRW drive stopped working as it suppoded to. Problems: When ever I insert Blank CD's/DVDs it will say "Windows cannot read the disc in drive E:\ Make sure the disc uses a format that windows...
January 6th 08 11:26 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 347
DVD drive tray opens when clicked in Explorer by com64
Whoever at microsoft came up with this 'feature' should be shot. I've hunted and hunted for a way out of this but can't come up with anything. The problem is this: whenever I click on a DVD drive in explorer, the damn tray door opens. Because I have doors on my computer, this basically damages the tray and is an all-around annoyance. If I'm going to put a disc in I'll use the button on...
June 13th 08 01:24 AM
by bobt Go to last post
3 347
BSOD by EC
Hi there, My board is ASUS P5K with 2 GB of RAM. Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, core 2 duo E6750 CPU. Recenly, I added 2 more GB of RAM and at the same time I newly installed the Flight Simulator X (deluxe edition). The nightmare begins... I got Blue Sreen of Death (BSOD) several times daily even I didn't play the FSX. Please help. EC
June 16th 08 02:37 PM
by EC Go to last post
5 347
Multimedia keys on Dell laptops working in x64? by Milhouse Van Houten
I thought I'd had my Vostro 1710 all configured for x64 SP1 (with all updates), when I noticed the multimedia keys do nothing (e.g. Volume). Device Manager lists it as a Standard PS/2 keyboard, which AFAIK is appropriate. Dell offers no keyboard driver for any platform. There's nothing to do in the Keyboard CP applet. Since the keys did work in XP, is this a Vista glitch in general or x64...
November 11th 08 10:11 PM
by Milhouse Van Houten Go to last post
4 347
Audio Problems after Home Premium to Ultimate Upgrade by DForrester
Last night, I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate using Windows Anytime Upgrade. Before doing so, my sound was working fine. Now I've got a little "x" over the audio symbol on the task bar, and it says "No Audio Output Device is Installed." Does anyone know how I can fix this?
February 14th 07 07:05 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 347
quad core only operating on 2 cores by Hippo
About 8 months ago I put together a computer running Vista ultimate 64 on an EVGA 780i, 8gb ram, and Intel E6850 (3.0 dual). Everything went smoothly, and it hasn't had any huge hiccups since. About 2 months ago I picked up a Q9400 (quad 2.6). I shut down my computer, installed it, and re-booted. The BIOS detected the 4 2.6 cores in the POST. Windows did a little firmware fiddling on its own as...
October 24th 08 05:49 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
4 347
HP Scanjet 5590 by Steve Novak
The driver seems to load and when I look at the scanner in the "device manager" it reports that it is working properly but when I try to access the properties in the control panel I don't get a responce. When I try the Windows Fax and Scan I get noe responce from the "scan" button and when I try the Sacn Settings the window shows no deviced but when I go to add one I get an error message...
January 5th 07 11:47 AM
by Theo Go to last post

From The