LPT Dongle by bugsy36
Windows XP used a different HAL, that rendered many hardware security dongles useless. Our dongle, installed on LPT1, never had any issues, even with XP/sp2. vista renders our dongle useless, thus the software is useless (company no longer makes this package). Compatability mode does not remedy the situation. Has anybody seen this? Anybody have any ideas?
November 4th 06 01:20 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
7 120
Dial up modem with Vista by bugsy54729
Am helping a friend setup an Agere systems PCI-SV92PP soft modem attached to COM3. The modem worked fine with XP. Now getting a "No dialtone" message when trying to connect. Any suggestions? -- bugsy54729
August 23rd 07 12:02 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP Go to last post
1 98
Space used grows larger when deleting by buick_man
Hello People, I have a New Toshiba Notebook A135 with Vista Premium (English, USA), installed. It came with a 120GB HDD. I 'removed' all the junk game programs from Wild Tanget and when I did a 'properties' on the "C" drive - it actually showed MORE space used than before I removed the pgms! Anybody have idea what gives??? TNX a lot!
March 31st 07 02:55 PM
by Michael Go to last post
4 149
Very low audio output in my new Lenovo laptop by Bulan
Hi, I just bought a Lenovo 3000 series, Y500 laptop with Vista Home Basic preinstalled. It has Realtek HD audio and Dolby digital technology in-built. But the speakers emit very low sound with full volume. Headphone volume level is OK. Disabling the Realtek Dolby Digital output devices, and only keeping the Speakers as sound output device, increases the sound level to some extent.
May 16th 07 05:29 PM
by Bulan Go to last post
0 99
USB Browser Mouse Driver Error by bulb005
I got the following error while trying to install my usb dell optical mouse "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it USB Browser Mouse An error occurred during the installation of the device The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 24th 10 02:43 PM
by dencybk Go to last post
27 1,683
Hard drive recognition by Bull 40
I just built a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X 2 dual core processor, 2 GB's DDR@ RAM, two western digital 160 GB hard drives, a Nvidia GeForce 88oo GTX graphics card and Windows 64 bit Ultimate O/S. The hard drives are connected to the JSATAll0 and JSATAll1 ports on the mother board. When I boot the system I see the system recognizes the two hard...
February 27th 07 01:27 PM
by Anna Go to last post
2 489
Cannot access external hard drive by Bullet
had a laptop crash so i transfered laptop hard drive to an external enclosure (USB 2.0) but now when I plug it into my desktop i get an error message g:/ is not accessible - parameter is incorrect (location not available). any help -- taz
March 19th 08 01:03 PM
by Terry Go to last post
3 1,696
Refresh Rate by Bullet
I have a CRT Monitor and ATI X1900XTX graphics card. I have the correct drivers and my monitor is listed correctly. In XP you could force the refresh rate for 3d app's, through both dxdiag and in the ati drivers, but you don't seem to be able to do this in Vista. Anyone got any recommendations of good tool to use for forcing refresh rates in Vista ?. Thanks...
April 6th 07 02:56 AM
by Rock Go to last post
2 120
Intellipoint 6.1 install problem by Bullet
I have Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and I am unable to install the MS Vista Intellipoint 6.1 driver (32 bit).I get the message -""insufficient hard disk space or an unexpected error has occurred."I downloaded the file several times to rule out corruption . I had the popular Intellipoint 4.1 installed, and apparently this may need to be uninstalled first. However, there is no option to remove...
February 16th 07 02:50 PM
by Bullet Go to last post
2 240
Vdmdbg.dll is Missing by bulwye
Hi, I have been searching around for this file on the net and I have yet to find a legit place that you can retrieve the fild vdmdbg.dll 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205). I have used HijackThis and other various programs to find and destroy or fix bad files and was hoping that this file would restore upon a nice clean-up, no such luck. I do not have a vista operating cd as per one did not...
December 16th 07 03:46 PM
by Pete138[_7_] Go to last post
1 143
camera settings on Vista by Bumbrlik[_2_]
Hello all, I have a Canon PowerShot SD750 camera. This is what used to happen when I connected it to my computer - a window would pop up, it would ask me if where I want to download the picture, how they should be named, if the pictures should be deleted from my camera etc. It also gave me an option to set defaults to some of these settings and there was a checkbox "Don't ask me again" (or...
July 10th 09 10:58 AM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
6 335
Is There Any Hope? by Bunbear
Yesterday, my computer blanked out and started a funny noise with the on button flashing. I tried to shut it down, but it wouldn't. When I got a "hot" burning smell, I pulled all the plugs real quick! Is there any hope that my hard drive is still there? If not, my second questions is should I get Windows Vista instead of the XP that I am used to..? I have been reading (on my husband's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 07 09:04 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 269
RAM Upgrade by Bundy115
Hello, I have done several searches for this question with no luck so I apologize now if it is a repeat. I am running Windows Vista x64 SP1. When I installed the OS my computer had 4GB RAM installed. I have just upgraded to 8GB and enabled the "memory remap" feature in the system BIOS. When I view system settings indeed the system reports 8.00 GB memory. My
January 16th 09 02:39 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
6 181
Can't update BIOS, drvr phlashnt.sys has been blocked from loading by BunnyMan
I bought a new laptop, an HP DV6058 AMD62 x2. I made the backup & recovery disks and downloaded all of the latest drivers from the HP site. Then I did a full install of RC1/64. While the machine is kick ***; it suffers from power managment issues like so others. (Slow wake up times, poor battery life, too hot, etc.) The BIOS is at version F13, and now another new release is out at F18. ...
October 5th 06 12:56 PM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
5 334
HElp with Sound from Laptop to Sony tv with HDMI Cable by Burkec1967
Hi Yes I plug in an hdmi cable to my dell laptop running win vista and I am watching a movie on the internet and I can't hear the sound from the webpage or from the streaming video i can hear the default windows sounds on tv but not the movie playing from either megavideo or ie or mozilla can somebody help me tell me where to look or what to do SO If i watch a video or put one up for my kids...
February 1st 09 02:44 AM
by Burkec1967 Go to last post
0 453
Cannot copy/burn files toCD RW by burmag_321
I have a new pc with Vista Basic. I have been trying to copy files to a CDRW for the last 4 weeks without success. I can copy fils to a CD R but of course, I am unable to edit or change the files as it tells me they are .read only. I have used Live format and when I open the CDRW disc and try to save changes I have made to the data files, I receive a message saying the files are 'read...
May 8th 07 06:27 PM
by Jazup Go to last post
2 106
Checking File System on C: by Burr
My computer ran out of battery and shut down. When I re-started it, it required a disk check on the C: drive for consistency, it said "Checking file system on C:The type of the file system is NTFS" It starts to check the files, but gets to 7 percent complete and pauses every time. There is no way to cancel the check and no matter how long I leave it there it will never get past 7 percent....
July 7th 07 01:36 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post
6 112
Back-up and System Restore by Burr
Hi, Last night I decided to do a system back-up because I noticed that my Windows firewall was turned off. I also thought that that doing the back-up was a recommended process. I wanted to back up the files on CDs , but the process began and I think my D drive just made a back up of itself on my system because I went from having disk space to having 0% free. I went to system restore and...
January 8th 08 11:16 PM
by Burr Go to last post
0 108
Optische IDE Laufwerke Fehlercode 39 by Buschi
Habe keine Idee mehr was ich noch machen könnte. Habe zwei optische Laufwerke SH-D162 und GSA-H42l die in Vista problemlos funktionierten und urplötzlich nicht mehr verfügbar sind. Das Bios erkennt sie und beide können auch über die Gerätetaster bedient werden. Der Gerätemanger von Vista gibt den Fehlercode 39 raus (Treiber kann nicht geladen werden). Deinstallieren und neu starten...
October 9th 07 08:02 AM
by Buschi Go to last post
3 111
Midi & Wav files. by busyboy
Hi All, Is there any way I can turn up the Midi sound in Vista to the same level as the Wav files. If I click on the speakers in the task bar I only have two controls speakers and window sounds. I'm one of the poor souls that has a SB Live 5.1 so I'm using a driver that recommended in this forum. busyboy
February 11th 08 03:10 PM
by busyboy Go to last post

From The