Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista´s boot menu shows only 6 entries by czer27
Vista´s boot menu shows only 6 entries. The seventh or more entry does not more appear. In bcdedit or EasyBCD all OS will be displayed. Is there a registry entry restricting the boot menu to 6 entries?
July 22nd 09 09:52 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
9 221
Component installation failed by pssp
After clean installing Vista Ultimate + all current fixes and SP from Microsoft update I can't install Windows Mobile Device Center because *dont have one or more windws component / modules* (no err num, rus lang) when I tryig to initialize windows components, (eg ActiveX installer or any unmarketd components) - unsuccessefull instalation (failed) By the way - I can't see all modules (eg Indexing...
July 22nd 09 07:19 PM
by pssp Go to last post
0 196
Downgrading to 32 bit by craigg1
I just purchased a desktop computer for my work. It came with Vista Home Premium 64bit. I also purchased the Upgrade to Vista Ultimate since the ultimate version works better with our network. Some of the software that we run at work is not compatible with 64bit so I was wondering if anyones know if: 1. I can install 32bit Ultimate upgrade over 64bit Home Premium ...or 2. If I can use the 32bit...
July 22nd 09 05:09 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
2 178
Force PXE next boot by Chad Skinner[_2_]
I have a need to periodically tell all my validation machines to reboot to PXE so I can re-imagine them with ImageX/WinPE to a new test run. Problem is I can't find an easy way to utilize BCDedit or other tools (tried making changes with Diskpart but that didn't go well ;) I'm trying to avoid having to set PXE as the primary boot option and then turn PXE on or off in my infrastructure. I'm...
July 22nd 09 03:25 PM
by Chad Skinner[_2_] Go to last post
2 178
Enable Microsoft Update silently. Please help ! by Alexander
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, our company is Gold certified partner. I was redirected to this newsgroup from the partner newsgroups because those apparently only serve break&fix issues. I do need some help on an unattended issue: We have created unattended Vista x86 and x64 installation images and are distributing them internally and for our clients through various ways (WDS or dvd images). We...
July 22nd 09 02:41 PM
by lukval Go to last post
1 199
Partitioning software incompatibilities by Howard Kaikow[_2_]
I recently enountered 'siginificant incompatibilities using Partition Magic' (http://forum.sysinternals.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=19713) in Windows 2000 creating a dual boot Windows 2000/Ubuntu Linux system. I realize that PM must not be used in Vista or Windows 7. I am planning on having two Windows 7 systems as follows: 1. Dual boot Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 Pro. 2. Dual boot Windows Vista Home...
July 22nd 09 03:54 AM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
1 170
Uninstall Office 2007 Student and Home Trial Version-Preloaded by ltshaft
Hi, I just bought a new PC ACER M5711 that comes with preloaded Trial version of above. I wanted to install Office 2003 Student and Home Version which I bought previously, but I am not able to uninstall Office 2007. I tried using the Uninstall from Control Panel, but nothing seems to happen.
July 22nd 09 01:37 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
6 310
How can I get Display Language? by MW[_2_]
I'm trying to download Japanese and read how to do that. The direction says "under the keyboards and other input language, there's "Display Language" but somehow I don't have it in my window. It says only if your computer have MUI or LIP, the Display Language will be visible. What should I do and where should I go to install LIP or MUI?? -- MW
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 22nd 09 01:34 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
12 366
Vista Sysprep by jimmylam
Hello all, now i tried to run sysprep for Windows Vista i just install on the PCs, but i was not success to do it. When run sysprep with this command "sysprep /oobe /generalize /unattend:unattend.xml" it will auto delete all drivers installed on vista. The things there are i want to make 1 image Vista Bussiness installed drivers, default enabled administrator account (normally when run sysprep it...
July 21st 09 02:40 PM
by Zaphod Beeblebrox Go to last post
7 245
Can't do a repair of vista by Jac[_2_]
Hi i have problem with some vista sp1 that cant install sp2. I used vlite to select the language, enter the cd-key...etc but i did not remove any component. Now i can't install sp2 on these box. So i download the Windows Vista Business Upgrade with Service Pack 2 on microsfot website with our account but when i tried tu upgrade in windows vista, i cannot select the "upgrade option" In...
July 21st 09 02:01 PM
by Jac[_2_] Go to last post
1 161
Dual boot - BIOS related by dhaher
I have recently bought a Lenovo ideapad laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS. The system comes with an auto recovery software instead of the CDs. When I attempted to create recovery CDs, the software needed more space than the one in the D partition, and refused to create the file on the C partition, where Vista is instaled. So I downloaded a partition manager and resized C: to create...
July 21st 09 08:35 AM
by dhaher Go to last post
2 180
BSOD STOP Error 0x0000007E by Pete
When installing latest Checked DVD build of Vista I get the BSOD with the error below: STOP 0x0000007E (0xC0000420,0x850922EE,0X858056B8,0X858053B4) acpi.sys - Address 850922EE base at 85044000, Datestamp 4549ac8d
July 21st 09 07:30 AM
by drummaster_06 Go to last post
4 226
Installing IIS Vista Ultimate by Jeepha
I am attempting to install IIS on my laptop so I can run Microsoft VMWare Server. I go to the 'Turn Windows Features on or off' and the box is empty! What gives?????
July 21st 09 06:05 AM
by skayazuddin Go to last post
5 234
How can I create a WinPE image with a hotfix slipstreamed? by geistman
I need to create a WinPE boot CD with a hotfix slipstreamed (I am getting a 0x0000C1F5 BSOD and the knowledge base article KB958069 says that this is what I need to do -- see Method 3 in the article). The instructions say to download the Windows Automated Installation Kit, which I should then use to "create a Windows PE 2.0 image with hotfix 958069 slipstreamed." I have already downloaded...
July 21st 09 03:35 AM
by geistman Go to last post
0 158
Unattended Install: any way to change the location of setup logs? by WB
Is there a command-line option to change the paths for the Vista setup logs (setupact.log and setuperr.log)? Thanks, -- Bill Baker
July 20th 09 06:41 PM
by WB Go to last post
6 207
FAILED to install certain softwares......windows command processor troubling by nithin karnati
hi all, when i run the setup file, the UAC opens a window with WINDOWS COMMAND PROCESSOR in it, if I click "continue" a black window flashes on the screeen and vanishes before I can read what's in it !!!!!.....same thing repeated when i tried to uninstall a program.But when i used revo uninstaller i could succeed ......i was wondering why i couldn't install or uninstall directly using setup...
July 20th 09 01:19 PM
by nithin karnati Go to last post
0 137
Install 64 over 32 by tlthompson
I have Vista 32 currently installed. I have upgraded my processor and would like to install 64. So, I have a 64 ISO file. When I run the file directly I receive the message "this is not a 32 operation". When I run the disc as a boot, nothing happens. I'm running Intel DG43NB, with BIOS NBG4310H.86A.0069.2008.1117.2016 Any help would be great. Thanks
July 20th 09 01:28 AM
by tlthompson Go to last post
8 241
Can't Update need to reinstall, tips please? by ldodman
Hi, I can't update Vista 64 bit, went through everything with MS support, nothing worked. Module Installer keeps stopping. Will have to reinstall OS. I have 8GB of memory. Any tips and or advice before I have to wipe my C drive clean? I have 3 hard drives on my computer so the C drive is programs and I'll export my outlook mail stuff and bookmarks, anything else I should consider?
July 19th 09 10:40 PM
by ldodman Go to last post
0 160
Vista repair install by Neil
I'm Using Vista ultimate OEM version. I have recently started having problems with some of my desktop shortcuts, particularly system shortcuts. For example I can not access device manager via 'my computer' icon Can not access commad prompt as administrator. Also avarious icons on startup menu do not work, but do work if I access through 'all programs'. Would like to repair install my windows...
July 19th 09 11:36 AM
by Neil Go to last post
3 194
Viewing Dish Network on Vista Media Center by Glen
I have a Dell XPS 410 with 2G RAM, Vista, and a dual TV tuner, hooked up to the house's coax system. When we had cable, I was able to watch and record regular cable channels with no problem. We dumped Communistcast, and went with ATT / Dish Network. The dish receiver is a dual tuner Dish 322. The second tuner outputs a signal to the house coax system, and can be picked up on any attached...
July 19th 09 04:09 AM
by chuckbam[_6_] Go to last post

From The