Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
MAC address by HotmailUser
How can I find out the MAC address of my Ethernet adapter? Thanks.
March 9th 08 11:57 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
2 226
WebDAV-Redirector/WebClient-Service: Error Messages, Upload issues by Michael Beurskens
Hello everyone, I keep getting (seemingly random) error messages when trying to upload files to an IIS 6.0 (Windows Server 2003) Server using WebDAV. When I copy a file from my local harddrive (say C:\test.doc) using Explorer to the WebDAV-Server (say https://www.jura.uni-duesseldorf.de/dav/noack) I sometimes (not really depending on any reliable scheme) get a window informing me that...
March 9th 08 11:32 PM
by dsteinke[_2_] Go to last post
2 198
[Fwd: Remote Assistance only one way] by bjr
C:\Windows\system32telnet 3389 Connecting To 3389...Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed
March 9th 08 11:29 PM
by kcguy Go to last post
5 240
sending outgoing text by Sandi
I am a court reporter who connects her computer via custom software to attorneys computers so they can see "live" feed of proceedings (think closed captioning). This is sent via cables provided by our software company. I've done this for years but since buying a new computer with Vista, my data transfer times out and stops sometimes after 1 hr sometimes it's longer. I've had someone do something...
March 9th 08 08:44 PM
by Sandi Go to last post
0 237
Vista Cannot Connect to XP by Iced Volvo
Hi We have a home network with several XP desktops which can all see a workgroup shared directory on one XP machine we use for general storage. Recently we got some new laptops with Vista on them. When we try to connect to the XP based shared folders we can see them in the explorer but when we try to explore or map a drive we are asked for username/password. All the XP based computers can...
March 9th 08 07:33 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
3 383
external hardrive permissions by trickydicky
can i allow others to read and play music files on a external hardrive but not copy or move them
March 9th 08 07:19 PM
by Carl Farrington Go to last post
3 239
Slow scrolling in Internet Explorer by Viktor Erdélyi
Scrolling is slow on some websites in IE. It seems as if it was rendered without hardware acceleration. Some other pages scroll fine. (I already turnef off smooth-scrolling of listboxes) Examples: http://dailyapps.net/2008/03/hack-attack-dual-boot-leopard-and-windows-vista/ http://www.mininova.org/ Can I do anything about that? (Using Vista and IE8beta1 right now, but the same was with IE7)
March 9th 08 07:03 PM
by Viktor Erdélyi Go to last post
1 267
cryptic network error by dwsdad
Like anything in Vista ISN'T cryptic! Ok, I asked in an earlier post about Vista just deciding to drop drives and nobody seems to know, or won't answer, so here's the message I get when copying a measly 350Mb file from my local drive to a network attached drive: "An error occurred while reconnecting x: to \\192.168.x.x\sharename Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in...
March 9th 08 04:20 PM
by BarrieB Go to last post
1 266
Turning network discovery on in vista by JSK
I am trying to turn my network discovery on in vista and i get the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. My network is private, not sure this is happinging.... Any suggestions. I have vista home
March 9th 08 02:09 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_498_] Go to last post
4 349
Problems Reading Shared File (The local device name is already in by BarrieB
I have a very odd problem with my shared network files. I run a desktop with Windows 2000 (don't ask!) and a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The desktop is plugged into the wireless router but the laptop uses wireless. After a lot of trial and error I have got the internet working on both and have set up both pcs to share files from My Documents (and Documents on vista). This seems to be...
March 9th 08 02:09 PM
by BarrieB Go to last post
0 224
Sharing an "Offline Folder"? by Ian Bethell
I have Vista Business x64, and a mapped network drive that is "Available Offline" from my VPN. Am I able to "Share" this drive, and/or it's folders accross my LAN so that other users can access the files?
March 9th 08 01:46 PM
by Ian Bethell Go to last post
0 205
FritzBox 7270 and mass storage by kaweka
External hard drive connected through USB to my DSL router FritzBox 7270. Access enabled via FTP and SAMBA server. No password protection to this mass storage. However, a WLAN laptop running Vista Business can't see this drive if attempting it via network drive sharing. No problems from central PC, win XP pro sp2, connected via LAN to DSL router. Scenarios:
March 9th 08 12:08 PM
by kaweka Go to last post
3 375
My new widnows vista laptop is working slow by bala mukesh
Sir, Really i dont know, where to post this. So only i am posting this in this testing area. Anyone who has the rights please change this thread to that corresponding area. which applies. Then only i can get the proper response. My issue is, My new Windows Vista Toshiba LAPTOP is working slow, in windows task manager, 93 processors are running. by reading this dicussion group, i...
March 9th 08 10:16 AM
by bala mukesh Go to last post
0 243
External Harddrive sharing by JSK
I have just perchased an external harddrive. I am trying to share this between my 3 computers. When i go the the drive, right click and go to share, the share button is greyed out. I go to the advanced sharing and click share this folder - when i go apply i get the following error: An error occured while trying to share g. There are no more end points available from the endpoint mapper. I...
March 9th 08 04:18 AM
by JSK Go to last post
4 301
Good reference source by Richard
I have a Dell XPS system with Vista Ultimate connected to ActionTec DSL Modem with Wireless Gateway. I want to set up a wireless connection with my Gateway machine running Windows XP, where only the Gateway and my Dell can access the internet through the ActionTec DSL Modem. I have several online games that will not play when the ActionTec with the wireless is connected. If I remove the...
March 9th 08 03:09 AM
by Richard Go to last post
0 250
Changing Wireless Networks While Hibernating Doesn't Reconfigure D by samurainate
I travel between two networks, the public network at the coffee shop and my private network at home. I have found that I can connect automatically to the wireless access point and then to the network at the coffee shop without difficulty. When I go home, however, I find my computer consistently connects to the local wireless access point, but for some reason it still thinks it has a lease...
March 9th 08 12:23 AM
by V Green Go to last post
6 216
How to switch back to Microsoft wireless application from Dell wir by Nicole
Hi, I have a Dell and all of my wireless seems to be going through Dell's wireless application rather than Microsoft's. My roommate recently purchased a router from Apple for our wireless connections, and I am unable to pick up a signal for this wireless network. I called Apple, and they said it is because Dell's software is running my wireless connection rather than Microsoft's. Does...
March 8th 08 09:30 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_492_] Go to last post
1 224
Vista shared printer not accessible by other Vista PC by Denys T
I have a small 3 PC network with 2 Vista Business machines and 1 XP Pro machine. XP can access the shared folders and printer on both Vista machines. Both Vista machines can access the shared folders on the XP machine. However neither Vista machine can access the other's shared folders or printer without being prompted for a username and password. Both Vista machines are configured for the...
March 8th 08 06:19 PM
by Denys T Go to last post
2 203
How to setup auto connect Ad-Hoc wireless network in Vista by bildos
Hello, How to setup auto connect for Ad-Hoc wireless network in Vista ? Redgards Bildos
March 8th 08 04:28 PM
by bildos Go to last post
0 232
delete a network connection by Tom Hintz
I just installed Vista Home Premium (32bit) and somehow got two network connections listed. I have one LAN but now every time I bring up the computer I hae to disable the odd network connection and enable the one I really have. How do I delete the one I don't want?
March 8th 08 11:43 AM
by Tom Hintz[_2_] Go to last post

From The