Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Vista doesn't print to an old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallelconnection)... by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old college friend who has a fairly new Gateway computer from April/May 2007. It came with Windows Vista. She has a printing problem with her old HP Deskjet 870Cse printer (parallel connection). She bought a Belkin USB Parallel Printer Adapter (part number F5U002v1). She says the box doesn't say Vista support. Is this a problem? I don't think it is since it is just a cable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 07 10:26 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
27 709
Shall we expect that HP will have drivers/softwares for their AIO products on Vista release? by mlai
Judging by their past history and their absolute silence on software and drivers for their printers so far...... Shall we expect that they will provide drivers when Vista is released (or shortly afterwards) at all? I am concerned that when Vista is released, HP's stance will change to something like "Vista has just been released and our developers needs time to develop drivers/software on...
January 6th 07 04:22 AM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
6 709
hp psc 1315 all in one problems by rado7rado
When i try to install printer software on windows vista(rtm edition) i become this error mesage(see picture).Please help me. Thanks in advance6182 +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Clip.jpg | |Download:...
February 7th 07 03:49 AM
by Lori Go to last post
7 708
Certified HP C7280 driver by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
Anyone found it? -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2 ^ ^ 14:48:01 up 18:11 1 user load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00 ºî ´© (CSSA): http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 08 05:41 AM
by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) Go to last post
13 707
Trouble getting Konica Minolta PagePro 1350w to work with vista x6 by lclemjr
I have a laser printer I like to use with windows, but I can't get my printer driver to work w/Vista x64. Konica site has no drivers for vista, 32 or 64 bit, and not sure if they ever will. Any help will be very appreciated.
February 23rd 08 06:44 AM
by longvale Go to last post
2 706
Reconfigure printer to USB port by Ron Smith
I have upgraded machines and the new machine only has USB ports on it (i.e. no printer parallel port jack). I am having trouble getting my older HP 2100M printer running (i.e. had to switch the old parallel cable out for a USB / parallel cable). Sometimes I see a "USB Printing Support" in the Port list and sometimes i don't. The printer seems to configure OK, but it still doesn't work...
May 24th 10 02:42 AM
by Ron Smith Go to last post
0 706
Printer Sharing by Train man[_2_]
I posted this in another catagory, but it seems more appropriate here. I could print OK from HP PC, running Vista Home Premium to my HP printer. Then I decided to merge my home office (Mac and HP PC) to eliminate a printer. I set up a wireless Apple Airport Extreme with the Mac on wireless and the PC on ethernet. I can access internet OK from each. The printer is connected via USB to...
April 15th 10 06:48 PM
by Train man[_2_] Go to last post
0 705
Can Not Add Network Printer by Edward
When I try to add a network printer from another Vista (build 5744) computer, I come across two errors. The first and foremost popular error is "Windows cannot to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. Please close some programs and try again." This should not be a problem because both systems that I have tried to do this on have a gig of memory. This error...
October 19th 06 04:38 AM
by Edward Go to last post
3 705
manually select printer driver by Todd Heiks
How do I install a network printer on Vista and manually select the driver? We have an XP box that shares an Oki C9300. When I select add new printer, the wizard connects to the printer and (I assume) grabs the xp driver and the installation crashes. 0x000006be -- restart print spooler Thanks, Todd
January 9th 10 10:46 PM
by Todd Heiks Go to last post
4 704
Printer Installation Hang by Josh
I'm tring to connect to printers that are on a Windows 2003 Server. They are Dell 1710 and 1815n printers. I have even went to makeing sure to load the drivers on the vista machine by going to file and server properties. The drivers are installed localy on the vista machine. When I try to connect to them I see them fine through the network I see them fine. I then click connect and it ask me...
October 31st 06 06:05 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 703
Canoscan 4200F by Shrink
Well the driver installed fine, as did the Canoscan Toolbox but the computer can not communicate with the scanner. Has anyone gotten this working in RC1? Thanks! Shrink
October 11th 06 11:40 AM
by Kryten Go to last post
4 703
Problem with sharing a printer in VISTA by Opsimist
I have a PC and a laptop in a wireless homenetwrok. the PC is directly connected to the router and to a printer. and the laptop is connected by wireless connection. I set file and printing on. I can share files easly, but when I try to share the printer it says "not enugh memory". I tried to set it as a local port ("\\pcname\printersharename") but it says "access denied". I'm the admin on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 29th 08 06:18 PM
by Patrick C Go to last post
12 702
Windows FAX and SCAN by Alan
I am running Windows 7 and have Windows FAX and SCAN configured and working. The only issue I am having is that the I cannot figure out how to modify the FAX header. Currently it says "FROM: Fax" and I need it to say "FROM: (our companies fax number". Any ideas?
April 9th 10 08:37 PM
by Russ Valentine[_2_] Go to last post
2 700
Printer continually offline by [email protected]
Hi - I recently set up a Brother MCF 665CW on a wireless network with an HP laptop running on Vista. Initially everything worked fine but a few days later (the next time someone tried to print) the laptop showed that the printer was offline. I have tried the following: - made sure "use printer offline" was set (or whichever way around its supposed to be; I did check this with Brother) - pinged...
February 2nd 10 12:52 PM
by georgiecat Go to last post
3 700
HP 6110 Deskjet not printing grayscale by Sailfish
I've gone into printer properties and have set grayscale as my default but the printer continues to wants to print the content in color. Of course, it worked fine in XP SP2. Has anyone else experienced this? Using Vista RC1b5600
October 16th 06 09:10 PM
by Sailfish Go to last post
0 699
Can't scan over wireless network with Lexmark x4650 by threev
I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit and just installed a new Lexmark x4650 all-in-one. I can print perfectly when it is connected wirelessly (through the printer's internal connection to the network), but it won't recognize there is a scanner on it. If I connect it via USB, it works. I have tried disabling both the firewall (McAfee and Windows) and the wireless router. I can't see to find anyone...
December 26th 09 07:52 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
9 698
"Printer not activated" ... Error Code -20. by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post to Vista Printing Faxing and Scanning added) "Steven G" wrote in message ... Does anybody know why I keep getting that error? I'm unable to print anything from any source (Word, IE, Streets and Trips, etc.). I've unplugged the USB cable and plugged it back in to the same avail. I have...
September 20th 06 03:53 AM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post
0 696
Unable to delete a copy of a local printer by Lanceg1041
I mistakenly installed a second copy of a local printer and I can't delete it nor enter into the properties to see if I have permission?? Any help would be appreciated
April 10th 07 05:14 PM
by Lanceg1041 Go to last post
2 694
Cannot print wide format HP CP1700 by tep
Good evening, With Vista, I cannot print A3 with that printer. With XP I can ! There is no help on the HP site or via google. Who has the solution ? Thanks, Roger
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 13th 09 06:41 AM
by harrystaab Go to last post
12 690
scanning by PA Bear
I'm forwarding this thread to the correct newgroup (microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan) via crosspost. The clunky web interface you're using to access the Vista newsgroups STILL misdirects posts made to Vista.print_fax_scan to Internet Explorer General instead. They'll fix it someday, we hope. Try accessing the newsgroup in your default newsreader (e.g., Windows Mail), where (I...
September 27th 06 07:12 AM
by Jane C Go to last post

From The