Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Network Printing Brutally Slow by John James
I am printing on a home network, the clients being laptops running Vista Ultimate 32, and the "print server" still running XP Professional on SP2. I set up an HP AIO 8500 on the network, but printing to it from the clients is painfully slow - 20 minutes for a single three page PDF? Part of me thinks the print protocol written by Microsoft is the stupidest protocol ever written - I've always felt...
June 27th 09 12:41 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 261
funny video by [email protected]
http://www.photonews-fotovideo.it/videos/24/salvataggio-acrobatico-di-un-operaio-a-torino
June 27th 09 08:09 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 272
cannot scan on HP Photosmart C7280 by Lynn
I am not sure if it has anything to do with SP-2 but I used to be able to access the HP Solution Center on my laptop in order to choose my scanning options. Now I cannot and, when I try to uninstall and re-install the software, I keep getting an Interactive services dialog box pop-up that states "The program can't display a message on your desktop." The pop-up box also states "Message title:...
June 25th 09 02:06 AM
by Lynn Go to last post
0 316
Vista Will Not Install Any OCR Software by Tantavevus
Hello to all: I have a machine running Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I recently installed a Brother MFC-290 multifunction printer. During the Install I noticed that it created a new disk Drive Letter (h:). I also noticed that it did not install the Paperport 11SE software. WHen I tried to manually install it, I get a 1342 Error that says "invalid path h:"
June 24th 09 02:26 PM
by Tantavevus Go to last post
0 296
Can't cancel Print Job by Stormingerman
Simple question: In XP, previous computer (Inspiron) ...When I push 'Print', printer icon appeared in taskbar and disappeared when job was done. If I wanted to cance a print job, click on icon...then 'Cancel'. New computer (Latitude) with Vista, dwongraded to XP, the printer icon does not appear in taskbar. How do I cancel the print job? The printer icon HAS to be somewhere?
June 23rd 09 10:09 PM
by Stormingerman Go to last post
0 312
Multiple issues installing Canon MP620 on x64. by constrict
Decided to get a new printer and trash the Epson, perhaps I made a bad choice. Here's some screenshots of 3 different error messages I get no matter which way I try and get this thing installed it seems impossible. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling software, uninstalling usb drivers and reinstalling...It looks like it almost installs but then fails at the end....
June 23rd 09 05:14 PM
by constrict Go to last post
3 322
HP Laserjet 1022 - won't do what I want in Vista by Janja
Hello, I now have Vista Home Premium 64bit. My HP Laserjet 1022 prints just fine... BUT it won't let me position the image on the page the way I want it to. Sometimes I have a 16x22-inch image that I need to print full-size--what I've always done in the past (when I had Windows XP) is print it in four different sections. When I would start to print, it would automatically show me how the image...
June 20th 09 01:21 PM
by Janja Go to last post
4 337
programs crash when trying to print by jrob79
I have a small home network. 2 Windows XP Pro machines and 1 Vista home machine. One of the XP machines is setup as a file and print server with a color Brother and b&w Canon laser printer and one inkjet. I have had this setup for some time now and have had no problems printing to the print server (XP) from the Vista machine until yesterday. The Vista machine also has a laser and a inkjet...
June 19th 09 11:51 PM
by jrob79 Go to last post
0 2
Windows Fax Scan On Network by jamepc[_3_]
Hello, I would like to keep the store folders of Windows Fax and Scan on our server however when I try to change the location of the folder I get the error message, "you do not have security permissions to complete this operation. Contact yor fax administrator for more information." Can the store folder be located on server? Thanks for any help, Jamie
June 19th 09 09:21 AM
by jamepc[_3_] Go to last post
0 324
Lexmark Printer and Vista by Vaidendog
I bought a Lexmark 3400 series all in one printer. I have been using in with my desk top computer with Mcro. Offive and it has worked great. I recently purchased a lap-top with Vista. We loaded the printer program on to the lap-top and made it the default. When we go to print we get the message that the computer can not communicate with the printer.
June 19th 09 04:59 AM
by faeorain Go to last post
4 447
HP psc 2110 won't print by Lonapple2
My HP psc 2110 printer suddenly stopped printing on my new Vista machine. It worked fine up unti ltoday. When i try to print, the document shows up in the printer que saying "printing" but nothing happens. The Hardware Manager says the "device is working properly". It is connected thru USB001 port. I have turned off the printer and back on and restarted the computer, all to no avail. How can i...
June 19th 09 03:57 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
2 3
Vista Printing and Print Server on Router by jasinwa
Here is my issue: Using Vista Home basic, I can not get the pc to print to a print server printer. The data seems to spool and then just sits there, nothing ever happens, no print, etc. C88 Epson, using Vista driver for it. I have a USR wire/wireless router with a built in print server (printer connects to a USB port on it). Model of router is USR 5461.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 09 10:03 PM
by Rabid1 Go to last post
12 517
I am unable to install HP laserjet 1020 printer on Vista by Asif A Sheikh
I have small wireless network. i have installed HP laser jet 1020 on winxp (USB). I have shared this on network . When i try to install this printer on my windows vista which is on my laptop. but i receive an error saying " windows cannot open Add printer. The local print spooler service is not running. I am unable to understand what does this mean. can any one please help me and guide...
June 18th 09 05:18 PM
by smarcelli Go to last post
2 1,688
Help installing printer (lexmark 2300) on vista by Michelle
the printer completes the install and it is set for the default printer...but nothing happens when I try to print....
June 16th 09 02:23 PM
by Sonja V M Go to last post
2 381
Migrate XP Fax to Vista Fax by DeltPC
How can I migrate, copy, import, et el all of my fax files in Window XP for use and viewing in Vista Fax? -- DeltPC
June 15th 09 09:09 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook][_2_] Go to last post
5 388
WSD port can't be deleted by WSD print
Hi , in vista , I found that once I deleted the WSD printer icon , in the server property , the WSD port stays here , and I can't delete it , I should reboot my PC for deleting it , So I want to know why it's locked , and if I want handle this WSD port , how can I do it ?
June 15th 09 05:53 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 399
disable network printer search by elvagreg
I've been trying to disable network printer search and have followed directions but am unable to find it. I am doing the following: 1. Go to my computer 2. Push alt to bring up toolbar 3. Tools 4. Folder Options 5. View Uncheck box named "automatically search for network printers." I get to the last step but cannot find the box. Does anybody have any
June 12th 09 07:40 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 320
Installation Problem EPSON TM-U220D on WIndows VISTA (32 Bits) by Ricardo_G_L
I installed a TM-U220D on Windows Vista (32 Bits) usin a USB TO SERIAL Cable Adapter....When I Finished the installation and I'm trying to use the printer ....I can't print....Then I go to de control panel - printer ....I see that the printer has a message "NOT AVAILABLE"...I downloaded the drivers last version according www.epsonexpert.com ..... Can You Help me ? Thanks, -- VBA Developer
June 12th 09 04:39 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 351
Vista Business 64 Bit - workgroup - windows 2003 standard fax serv by Raghuveer
Unable to print from vista business 64 bit windows fax and scan computer in a workgroup accessing the fax services installed on windows 2003 standard in a workgroup model. When I right click on a fax in the lower pane of the windows fax and scan application, print goes to the printer, but a BLANK page prints. Please help. Is this related with vista business 64 bit or any permissions issue...
June 11th 09 03:31 PM
by Raghuveer Go to last post
0 294
XP desktop printer networked to VISTA laptop - adding printer error by Patrycja
I recently purchased a laptop with VISTA HOME PREM. I have an XP desktop which is connected to my printer HP I have 2 other computers at home, one desktop and one laptop, who can gain access to the printer. I tried adding the printer to the laptop, the disk for the hp printer is not compatible with vista, and I went to HP's website and no drivers are available, as they suggest simply...
June 10th 09 06:59 AM
by cshujun21625 Go to last post

From The