Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Photoshop Elements 7 & HP B8550 printer by Tom from WI[_2_]
I can't get PE 7 to use the photo tray on the B8550 printer. No matter what I tell it about the paper size, (the photo tray has 4X6 paper in it) it insists on getting the paper from the main tray. Even when I tell it to use the Photo Tray, it still uses the Main Tray. My old MS Digital Image Suite software finds the 4X6 paper tray without any problems, but I can't find a way to get PE 7 to...
September 23rd 09 03:30 PM
by Tom from WI[_2_] Go to last post
0 260
Sending Docs by Vista Fax stopped working by traveller_agr
Hi, I have been 'happily' using Vista(32) fax to send word docs and pdf's. Tried today and got this message when trying to send a word document. "This fax cannot be sent at this time. Please launch the compose form from Windows fax and scan and click on New Fax to attach this document to send out as fax." Polite and simple, so I tried it. And got "The message could not be sent. The data is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 23rd 09 08:46 AM
by Archie Holton Go to last post
14 779
Remote printing using HP P1505 by huffnpuff
Trying to print from remote computer on my local printer. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit system installed on my HP home computer. The remote computer is using Windows XP. I installed drivers as per IT instructions and printer worked at that time. Shut down my computer and when I went back in to remote was again unable to print. Any help would be appreciated.
September 22nd 09 10:16 PM
by pengally Go to last post
2 412
HP P1505 Not Responding by Archquark
My wife bought a new HP quad core 64 bit computer and is attempting to print information on her HP P1505 printer which had been given access through a remote connection. She had previously installed the driver on the remote office server and had been able to print on her HP P1505 at home for a day. When she rebooted her computer the following day the printer icon still showed on the office...
September 22nd 09 10:03 PM
by pengally Go to last post
4 421
Using HP printer on vista 64 by Haitham1234
Hi, I added HP printer using open as admintrator command through the control panel and I can see the printer on MS word control center, however it does not print at all. I tried printing via pdf and still it does not print. It seems that vista 64 is not seeing the printer.. Any solution ..
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 22nd 09 08:34 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
10 676
Custom page size for the WinDDK Bitmap Driver by Burl
I have a print driver based on the Bitmap Driver from the WinDDK. I have tried to change as few things as possible in the .gpd file, but I need a custom page size (27" x 16") and I can't seem to get it to work. From browsing this site, I see that the CUSTOMSIZE page has to fall within the parameters specified by the .gpd file, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. Can anyone help me out? ...
September 22nd 09 03:53 PM
by Burl Go to last post
0 365
Custom page size for the WinDDK Bitmap Driver by Burl
I have a print driver based on the Bitmap Driver from the WinDDK. I have tried to change as few things as possible in the .gpd file, but I need a custom page size (27" x 16") and I can't seem to get it to work. From browsing this site, I see that the CUSTOMSIZE page has to fall within the parameters specified by the .gpd file, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. Can anyone help me out? ...
September 22nd 09 03:53 PM
by Burl Go to last post
0 345
Custom page size for the WinDDK Bitmap Driver by Burl
I have a print driver based on the Bitmap Driver from the WinDDK. I have tried to change as few things as possible in the .gpd file, but I need a custom page size (27" x 16") and I can't seem to get it to work. From browsing this site, I see that the CUSTOMSIZE page has to fall within the parameters specified by the .gpd file, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. Can anyone help me out? ...
September 22nd 09 03:53 PM
by Burl Go to last post
0 287
Custom page size for the WinDDK Bitmap Driver by Burl
I have a print driver based on the Bitmap Driver from the WinDDK. I have tried to change as few things as possible in the .gpd file, but I need a custom page size (27" x 16") and I can't seem to get it to work. From browsing this site, I see that the CUSTOMSIZE page has to fall within the parameters specified by the .gpd file, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. Can anyone help me out? ...
September 22nd 09 03:53 PM
by Burl Go to last post
0 342
Using HP printer on vista 64 by Haitham1234
Hi, I added HP printer using open as admintrator command through the control panel and I can see the printer on MS word control center, however it does not print at all. I tried printing via pdf and still it does not print. It seems that vista 64 is not seeing the printer.. Any solution ..
September 22nd 09 02:42 PM
by Haitham1234 Go to last post
0 268
HP DESKJET 710C by Maribox
Printer HP 710c doesn't work under windows vista 64 and windows 7 64. Does anyone have a solution? I did everything HP's website says to do and it didn't work.
September 21st 09 08:30 PM
by Maribox Go to last post
0 259
How I fixed my Vista Print Spooler Problems by [email protected]
I have been a long time user of Windows XP SP2. I had recently putchased Vista Ultimate with the intent to upgrade my XP system. The principal problem was all attempts to add a printer resulted in errors stemming from the Print Spooler Service. Before I begin let me preface my environment: Intel 2.8 GHz machine with 2 GB RAM and ATI 1300 video. XP SP2 as I mentioned.
September 21st 09 07:04 PM
by Anddy Go to last post
4 494
Can ping printer but can't print by sandals30
Hi all. I'm new to this forum, but thru searching I think I might get the help I need here. I have a Brother MFC-420CN that I had hooked up to our Fios wireless router for almost 2 yrs with no problems. We had to unhook everything for a while. When I went to set it back up tonight I tried to print to it from My Dell Desktop (Vista Home Basic) but it kept erroring out. I noticed that it said it...
September 21st 09 03:26 AM
by sandals30 Go to last post
0 2
Vista Business - Unable to create a print job. by Vista Business[_2_]
Hi, I am having printing problem on my Vista business machine. I have a printer server (Windows 2003 server Domain Controller), and the new Vista is joind to domain as a standard user. When I add shared printers to the Vista, it prints out without problem. Problem is, however, after I restart the Vista, I am getting this error messages everytime I tried to print test pages. "Test page...
September 20th 09 03:56 AM
by bangch Go to last post
7 521
Dropping network connection to printer by imabigdog
Hello. I'm running a Vista business prem desktop, and a vista ultimate laptop. I'm on a home wireless network. Each time I reboot my laptop I have to reconnect to the printer on my desktop. (via the add printer). After the reboot of my laptop when I want to print something I have to re-add the printer. The printer is listed as one of my printers, but I have to re-add it to use it. My drivers...
September 18th 09 12:37 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 300
no vista 64 drivers for Canon mp c555 by rdhughes[_2_]
I know that there is not a driver for Canon Multipass C555 for Vista 64. But there is a canon Bjc driver that will work with the Parallel cable. What Canon Bjc driver will emulate my printer? :huh: -- rdhughes
September 16th 09 01:16 AM
by c555user Go to last post
6 393
Connecting a Vista laptop to remote printer by RayS
I have an HP Photosmart C6180 connected via USB to an XP desktop computer. I have other XP laptops set up so they can print to this printer throught their wireless connection. However I now have a new Vista laptop and I can't get it configured for this printer through it's wireless connection. Here is what I've tried: 1. Go into Control panel/printers on the Vista Laptop and select Add...
September 15th 09 05:27 PM
by tmwmott Go to last post
8 753
no vista 64 drivers for Canon mp c555 by rdhughes[_2_]
I know that there is not a driver for Canon Multipass C555 for Vista 64. But there is a canon Bjc driver that will work with the Parallel cable. What Canon Bjc driver will emulate my printer? :huh: -- rdhughes
September 15th 09 01:13 AM
by rdhughes[_2_] Go to last post
0 320
Printing from Vista to network Printer on XP by gary
Can a PC running Vista Home Basic wirelessly print to a printer connected to another computer on a home network that is running XP? If so, How do I set it up. Nothing I have tried works. Thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 14th 09 04:09 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
14 625
Printer Installation Error 0x000006be by Sandy Wood
Connecting Vista machines to our current Window 2003 R2 print server has been a hit and miss experience. Connect and install fine, others throw a 0x000006be error when attempting to install the driver. One is especially pernicious. Color LJ 4650, won't install even though there is a Vista driver in the local store as well as on the Print Server. I thought Point and Print was supposed to sort...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 14th 09 04:06 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
24 1,480