Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Excel won't print, Word,Powerpoint do print by Tom from WI[_2_]
I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 Home & Student. I am printing to a Brother HL-2070N using wifi. For some reason, I can't print from Excel. I can print from the Word and Powerpoint applications in the Office 2007 package, but not from Excel. It looks like it prints (i.e. a small window opens and it says it is printing) but nothing comes out of the printer. I have 2 other PCs...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 23rd 09 02:16 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
10 181
hp all in one c6380 wireless printing by beech129
I have a dell inspiron 1545 with Vista Home Premium Serv pack 1.  I have an HP all in one c6380 working fine with my linksys router.  Then one day I could not print anymore.  Printer said off line when looking at the printers from control panel.  I have other laptops that print fine.  I have tried to delete the printer and reinstall, this has worked in the...
August 21st 09 06:54 PM
by beech129 Go to last post
2 344
Lexmark z705 test print but won't print by jagman319
I try everything i can. I re-intalled the driver. check the cable with no luck. It will print a test page fine, but will not print documents from msworks. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRICIATED -- jagman319
August 20th 09 08:49 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 3
HP Deskjet 3820 Installed but does not print by Alex Boromisa
Hi I've got Compaq Presario running on Windows Vista Basic. I installed HP Deskjet 3820 Printer successfully but it will not print. Problem is that when I click on "Print" button I get notification that the document was sent to the printer but it does not print. Interesting thing is that when I try to access printer properities it does not allow me to do so - it just flashes.
August 20th 09 02:44 AM
by Lynda Lawrence Go to last post
7 8
Extra Page by pbeverly
I have a Dell A920 printer which worked fine on an XP machine. I have since upgraded to a new machine running Vista Home Premium. When I print from IE or an email from Firebird, I always get an extra page printed at the end. In Firebird, if I do a Print Preview, the entire email appears on one page. When I print, it prints an informational line which appears on the bottom of the preview page...
August 20th 09 12:01 AM
by alexdagr8est Go to last post
4 379
Outlook 2007 Contacts in Windows Fax and Scan by Eduardo Macias
Hello, I have MS Outlook 2007 as my default for everything it can be set as default in the "Set you Default Programs" When I open Windows Fax and Scan, I can only see contacts from Windows Contacts. I cannot see any of the Outlook Address Books. How can I see my Outlook Contacts? I have Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 and Outlook 2007 SP2.
August 19th 09 11:05 PM
by Eduardo Macias Go to last post
2 252
Printing two copies on one page by robbiejedi
G'day all, I'm attempting to get Windows Vista's print settings to allow me to print two copies of the one print job on the one page. The problem is that every printer I've used does the same thing: prints two half size jobs on two separate pages. Is there some hidden setting or variable I can modify to print the two copies on the one page? I have tried setting the print settings to print two...
August 17th 09 11:54 PM
by Tom from WI[_2_] Go to last post
2 314
setting it up so vista detects new ip from router with printer by dkizzy[_7_]
how do I setup a host name/some sort of setup to prevent vista from not detecting the change in IP? Everytime the printer goes out from a storm my IP changes and I want to make it so that it either is static or vista adapts to the change. I used the vista printer detection which acquired the IP from the router. -- dkizzy
August 17th 09 08:10 PM
by dkizzy[_7_] Go to last post
6 328
Print to file problem by dav4is
I could do this on XP, but don't remember how, and that system is no longer available to me. I need to establish a printer that always prints to file, using the same path and filename without asking where. The data must be "as is", i.e. simple text. I remember that this involved putting the path and filename somewhere unusual and using a special driver, a la text only.
August 16th 09 12:01 PM
by dav4is Go to last post
3 351
³Ì·s¤â¾÷¶}*ܯS»ù, ¥itrade-in¤â¾÷ by ¦¿°¶±j
¦¿¥ý¥Í 24230092
August 15th 09 02:51 AM
by ¦¿°¶±j Go to last post
0 300
Scanning multiple pages & "Reading from Device" Prompt by nappyloxs
I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit and a Brother MFC 7440N All-in-one. I regular use Acrobat 9, but when I scan multiple pages; I get a prompt saying "reading from device." This prompt pops up with every page. So it makes it impossible to work on the cpu while scanning. I also receive the prompt when using Brother's scanning software. I called Brother and they say it is a operating system...
August 14th 09 05:07 PM
by Dvsweeper Go to last post
1 317
Vista wont print multiple copies by Marc
I have a Vista laptop which up until recently has been printing fine, now however it wont print multiple copies of the same document unless it is set to single side printing and not duplex. This only seems to happen on this one local printer, network printers are fine. The printer is a HP LaserJet 2200dt connected to LPT1. I have tried various drivers with no such look.
August 11th 09 08:55 PM
by Rea's[_2_] Go to last post
1 270
vista quit recognizing printers ... help! by joebass
here's the skinny: I have a newer sony vaio running vista ... I have 3 hp printers installed, as I need a printer in various work locations ... all of the printers have worked fine for 6 months. Now, all of the sudden, with no error messages/popups/etc. they have all quit working. My USB ports are functioning with all other devices and the printers work fine with any other pc. The printers...
August 8th 09 11:31 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
6 353
Photo Gallery Print Error by Lisa
I have Windows Vista Business and whenever I try to print photos from Windows Photo Gallery or MS Office Picture Manager, I get the following error message: "Print Pictures Error X The following error occurred while attempting to print your pictures: OK" There is no particular error specified. I am not able...
August 8th 09 08:17 AM
by Lisa Go to last post
0 329
Spooler subsystem app has stopped working... by Jay
Hi guys, been having problems setting up my printer at work. We have 4 computers on an Asus WL-520GU router, 1 is hardwired to the router. The hardwired computer has the Samsung CLP-300 printer connected to it. This computer runs XP. 3 of the other computers also run XP, and I have had no problems setting up printing on these computers through the network. The problem comes from my Vista...
August 8th 09 03:25 AM
by dbnichol Go to last post
3 419
problem getting printer to work on system by lookforanswers
hello, i have a problem with getting my pagepro 1400 working on my new system its windows vista 64 bit with all the updates. i have used the usb plug and play auto instal and the printer shows up in microsoft office as a printer to select put when i go to print through the printer, it offers it up as if the printer is offline and ask me to save the print file.
August 5th 09 11:04 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 417
Windows equivalent of Unix spool directory by John Goche
Hello, Under Unix a logged in user can print to a printer with the lpr command. What happens is that the print job goes to a special directory on the Unix operating system's filesystem such directory known as a spool directory. From the spool directory the job goes into the printer's memory from which it is printed.
August 4th 09 04:47 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
4 355
Printing from an Old Application Problem - Need Help by KMCHENRY
I have an old MS DOS application which runs fine under Vista with one exception. How can I capture or redirect LPT1? Does "Net Use" work in Vista? Thanks for your input Kevin
August 4th 09 12:34 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 338
unable to print multiple emails using a hp 8500 a909g printer by Jason
Help please! Can someone tell me how I can print a whole folder of emails? I seem to only be able to print one at a time. Thank you
August 3rd 09 06:15 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 321
Won't print webpages with my HP 5650 Inkjet Printer by GaryC
It will print programs on my laptop but won't print webpages. I've been cutting and pasting to word then printing to print info from a webpage. Does anyone know how to get my printer to work with webpages. -- Thanks for your assistance. GaryC
August 3rd 09 02:44 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The