Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Changing ink in Cannon Printer by Dodimay
I have a Cannon Pixma ip1700 printer. I just changed the ink(why do you have to push with all your might to insert the cartridges?) Anyway, got both of hem in and the light on top tells me they're in there right. WhenI check in the printer properties, it still tells me both cartridges are almostempty. I just bought these. Can someone tell me what else I might not be doing? I would really...
November 12th 09 06:31 AM
by AshleyLewis Go to last post
8 380
Printing a TIF file by Benzmum
I've tried everything conceivable to get a decent print-out of a 4-page tif file I have, to no avail. I have Vista Home Premium. When I try to print from Windows Photo Gallery, it turns my tif into landscape orientation and then prints only the middle part and the output is distorted. I am so frustrated with Vista. I'm sending 3/4 of my time solving problems and getting very little work...
June 4th 09 02:31 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post
8 380
Extra Page by pbeverly
I have a Dell A920 printer which worked fine on an XP machine. I have since upgraded to a new machine running Vista Home Premium. When I print from IE or an email from Firebird, I always get an extra page printed at the end. In Firebird, if I do a Print Preview, the entire email appears on one page. When I print, it prints an informational line which appears on the bottom of the preview page...
August 20th 09 12:01 AM
by alexdagr8est Go to last post
4 379
Only prints one copy by Paul Mendlesohn
I have vista business and Office 2007. However whatever programme I print from, only one copy prints out no matter how many I choose to print in the print dialog box. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks
November 14th 08 11:10 AM
by hexaae[_2_] Go to last post
9 379
Cannot send or receive in Windows Fax and Scan by Greg F
Just purchased new system with Vista Business. Builder of system says that fax was tested and is working. However, I cannot receive or send faxes through Fax and Scan. Setup appears fine, but error says that sending fax did not respond in time. Fax program detects call, answers call, then fails. Modem diagnostics show no problems. One fax sent did manage to send top portion of page, but...
July 27th 09 10:18 PM
by Greg F Go to last post
0 379
Adding Fax to Vista Home Premium? by Nigel Molesworth
I've got two PCs, one with Vista Ultimate, and one with Premium. For reasons that are too complex to discuss, the Ultimate PC is unable to connect to the fax line. Is it possible to transfer the Windows system files from the Ultimate PC to the Premium PC so that I can set up faxing on it?
May 6th 08 01:03 AM
by Lee Howard Go to last post
4 379
Can't Print Color by Connie[_3_]
I have an HP 2210 and I'm unable to print in color. My color cartridge is good. I'm also unable to access printing preferences. No matter how I try to access preferences, it just flashes quickly and won't display. I'm wondering if it's some how set to grayscale. Any ideas how why I can't display preferences?
February 20th 10 09:09 PM
by Connie[_3_] Go to last post
0 379
Vista gives access denied to shared XP printer by Orangedog
I have private home network with a new Vista Home Premium computer. Vista sees the XP computer that has the officejet V40 printer. But whenever I try to connect a message says access is denied. what is up with that! Who says access is denied, it is my computer and my private network. How do I allow access to my own network? how many hoops do I have to jump through to network to a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 09 09:06 AM
by LennoxB Go to last post
15 378
Print Spooler is AWOL by McSmiley
Hi I am not sure this is the right forum but here goes. I am running Vista Home Premium. I have had to re-install Vista three times since I got my computer about three years ago (the 1st time Vista just crashed, 2nd time I had a virus, and last November I kept having problems with my print spooler and the technician suggested that to fix this we would have to reinstall Vista yet again). I also...
January 6th 10 04:35 PM
by McSmiley Go to last post
0 378
WMDC blocks Samsung Network Scan Utility in USB mode by Joerg
I am using Samsung's Network Scan utility to scan documents from a network connected multifunction device. This works well, as long as no mobile device (HTC Touch Diamond, WM 6.1 Professional) is connected to the PC using USB for Synchronization. When I connect the device to the PC using the USB connection, the Samsung Scanner status changes to offline, and no scan is possible. When I...
August 13th 08 10:07 AM
by Joerg Go to last post
0 378
No Vista drivers for HP Color Laserjets by Birk Binnard
After a day of failing to get my LaserJet 2500 migrated from my old XP system to my new VIsta machine I gave up and called HP Support. In spite of what they say on their website the bottom line is there are no Vista drivers available now (22 Mar 07) for the color LAserJet printers. The HP rep said they had heard the drivers might be available by the end of March. It is possible to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 07 09:13 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
19 377
Extra garbage on Printer Test Page by Graeme Churchard
I have installed a Brother HL-5150D printer through a Netgear FWG114P Firewall/Print Server. My computer is running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. When I Print Test Page I get all that I would expect on a test page PLUS 4 lines of some garbage ( W6S9CS/EC8/ etc). This is just below where it says Printer Test Page. In other printing I sometimes have to make several attempts to get the printer to...
June 15th 08 09:00 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 377
Help - printer? by juinja[_5_]
Does anyone have a list of all-in-one printers (print,copy,scan,photo,fax) that are compatible with Vista Home Premium? I had an HP psc 2410 that I loved that does not work with my new Dell Inspiron 231 and have to replace it Thanks, J -- juinja
March 13th 08 03:18 AM
by juinja[_7_] Go to last post
9 377
windows interface not working by jude
when I try and download my Lexmark X1240 it will go all the way to the end of the download and just at the end it says my windows interface stop working and has stopped the program. so my l printer will not work. Can any one help me:( -- jude
March 3rd 08 06:37 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 377
Hidden Vista64-32 Tricks,Tools,Tips! Windows Server 2008 Advices AndMore ! by [email protected]
These Hidden Tools Will help you get max performance and to Tweak Security Settings in XP and Vista,How Using USB keys to improve Vista performance ,What are Best of Vista,Improvements in Windows Server 2008 and many more at... http://vista-tricks-tips.blogspot.com
December 10th 07 01:28 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
4 377
Strange Cover Page Issue w/Fax & Scan by Ex_Brit[_5_]
I've tried disabling and re-enabling WFS to no avail. If you look at the thumbnails, the first one has all the usual cover pages plus my one personal one and they work if I open them. If, however, I click "New Fax" (thumbnail2) the drop-down cover pages are all blank, and not only that, the list appears twice, so I have the choice of twice the number of blank cover pages. How can I repair WFS?
September 8th 08 08:42 PM
by Ex_Brit[_5_] Go to last post
2 376
Can't print to HP G55xi from Vista x64 by PeterSa
I have a Vista x64 machine. Vista detects my printer (HP G55xi) and I can print OK to it. After some time passes, if I try to print again the status just shows as "Error-Printing". If I restart the machine, the document will print. I have tried reinstalling the driver for the printer, I determined Vista contains a basic driver for the printer. After printing and waiting some, I can no longer...
September 24th 08 02:36 PM
by PeterSa Go to last post
5 376
HP Scanjet 7400 Scanner by Paul
Can not get my HP 7400 scanner to work after upgrading to Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Not the hardware - works fine under XP pro using same hardware configuration Did a clean install, installed motherboard BIOS updates, scanner BIOS updates, Vista updates and the correct driver from HP. The scanner installed and Device Manager says device is working properly. When I try to scan, scanner...
December 27th 07 09:57 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
7 376
manually select printer driver by Todd Heiks
How do I install a network printer on Vista and manually select the driver? We have an XP box that shares an Oki C9300. When I select add new printer, the wizard connects to the printer and (I assume) grabs the xp driver and the installation crashes. 0x000006be -- restart print spooler Thanks, Todd
January 8th 10 01:26 PM
by Todd Heiks Go to last post
0 376
Printer Multiplies Document Pages by 3 by Trifon
Hello everyone! I would really appreciate your help with the following problem that came-up yesterday on my printer: When I try to print a document and I check on the printer queue-line window the number of pages appearing under the heading "Pages" is a multiple of 3, that means that if the document has 1 page under the heading "Pages" the view is "3/1", or of the document has 14 pages the...
June 13th 08 08:22 AM
by roy69[_196_] Go to last post

From The