Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Email and Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Delete messages by Jackson74
Do not be to discouraged if you cannot get rid of deleted items. I have 2,434 of them and when I click on Select All and then click Delete, I get a message that sys are you sure you want to delete all 2,434 message. I click on YES BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. I use Microsoft "Windows Live Mail" and have no problem. Suggest deleting "Windows Mail" as it appears Microsoft doesn't care about Windows...
April 7th 08 11:57 AM
by denp44 Go to last post
2 300
Trouble searching newsgroups in Windows Mail by MaryL[_2_]
Can someone provide some help in searching Windows Mail? When I used OE under XP, I could search for a subject or author, obtain a list, click on the one I want -- and that would take me to the desired thread. When I do the same thing under Windows Mail, I am only able to read the specific message I click on. If I want to read the whole thread, I still have to scroll down a long list in an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 08 09:44 AM
by mac Go to last post
10 495
server name by cj
What is my server name?? I am using hotmail.com and windows live but don't know my server name!! PLease help!
April 7th 08 07:12 AM
by Gordon Go to last post
4 331
send errors by john
ok,,can anyone help me,?,why do i keep getting these type errors? and how can i clear them out so they stop trying to send ? Account: ' mail.mchsi.com', Server: 'mail.mchsi.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization not enabled', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
April 7th 08 06:44 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 307
Received spam - But its from my own email address !!!!!!! by Oyodi
I have received a few spam emails from Canadian Pharmacy, but what I don’t understand is the from address is mine, e.g. the from address is the same as the to address, if I add it to the blocked senders list it adds my own address, also I have received undelivered email from mail demon saying mail I sent could not be delivered - BUT I NEVER SENT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, again its spam. I...
April 7th 08 06:36 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
7 268
pop3 problem ?-cant send email by CSmith
I am setting up my windows mail for the first time on my new windows vista PC by Dell I can't send e-mil in windows mail. I also have read many threads here and have installed the "hotfix for windows KB941090 update successfully. Also when I use Word 2007 and want to email the document I have created, the e-mail option is not available (its greyed out) I called my isp and all of the info is...
April 7th 08 06:33 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 314
Low disk space by Ian D
Hi all If anyone can help solve this then I would be very grateful! On Windows Mail (I am running 32-bit Vista) every few hours when I go to open a new folder a message appears where the message thread is usually shown which says that the message can't be shown because of low disk space and system memory. It does not appear to be because of a stuck email, as there are no emails in the...
April 7th 08 06:04 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
6 445
Keeping Email Addresses from appearing on emails being sent by wayfarer
Re" Using Windows Mail in Vista. I can't find a way to keep email addresses from appearing in the "to" line of an email I'm sending. I want to avoid sending out addresses over the internet. In previous version of Outlook, I could specify a code name for a given address. Does anyone know what I'm trying to describe? Any solutions? Thank you very much. Wayfarer
April 7th 08 06:02 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
4 290
Contacts List by Euclid
I have a new laptop computer with Vista Home Premium. It came with Windows Mail. Previously I used Outlook Express and in Outlook express there is a pain underneath the Folders Pain on the left which lists all my contacts. This is very handy as all I have to do to start a message to any one person in my contacts list is double click on their name. I've searched in the various options in...
April 7th 08 05:34 AM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
2 281
Deleted Messages by Frank
I can't empty my folder deleted messages. Following message appears: unknown error occurs. Thank's for your help I amm having the same problem.
April 7th 08 05:20 AM
by No Name Go to last post
2 253
serote by Rafael Canas
ya lo hice serote
April 7th 08 05:13 AM
by Rafael Canas Go to last post
0 259
Overseas issue? by kheali
I am not sure if any of you will have an idea but..I am sending emails to Iraq and my friend has been unable to open them. He has not had this problem before. He is using gmail. I have been able to open his but only 1/2 the message is coming through and I can't open his photos. We have been trying to work it out to no avail. Is it possible that Windows Mail may have anything to do with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 08 02:19 AM
by kheali Go to last post
10 512
Unable to open attachments in winddow mail by freontocold[_2_]
When I click on attachments, there is no display of "opening Mail Attachment" dialog box, system locks up. have to use ctl-alt-del to return to the mail window -- freontocold
April 6th 08 11:14 PM
by No Name Go to last post
3 258
forwarding header by msiz
hi I am trying to raise a dispute with an ebay seller (asked for more money after I had fairly own the item!), and ebay say they cannot do anything until I send a copy of the email I received with the headers included. I have tried sending them information received under 'File', 'Properties' 'Details' and also the information given under 'Message Source', but they say this is not the...
April 6th 08 11:08 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 286
losing signal in windows mail by Griller
As of yesterday every time I hit the send/receive button I get knocked offline. This only happens with Windows mail...I need help..
April 6th 08 10:49 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
2 289
Subject garbled by Sara
When I sent Japanese email using Windows Mail, Japanese letters I wrote in subject were garbled. The text message were no problem. Do you have any suggestion how I can send email with Japanese subject?
April 6th 08 10:47 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
1 263
email port by Don Botto
How do I change my outgoing email from port 25 to port 80
April 6th 08 10:32 PM
by Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Go to last post
6 291
E-mail; Application not found by mrsandridge
When I receive e-mails on Vista, and they have links in them, I try to open the link, and the following comes up: Application not found. This started about a week ago and it's driving me crazy! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -- mrsandridge
April 6th 08 10:11 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
3 231
email through MS Office Apps by Ralph[_3_]
Under Vista, when I want to use the "SEND" option of WORD or other OFFICE apps, the only active options I have is to SAVE the email, the SEND function is disabled. Is there a way of making the SEND function active within these apps or is this just another function that vista doesn't emulate - as it did in every other os preceding it? -- Ralph
April 6th 08 10:09 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post
8 308
email not seding by masjo2
I had 1 account then I opened 2 more now I cant send emails and there are no error mess. -- masjo2
April 6th 08 09:58 PM
by Gary VanderMolen Go to last post

From The